View Poll Results: Incandescent Light bulb ban.... do you care?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I care! The ban is foolish! I want my incandescent bulbs!

    20 26.32%
  • I like the ban! Bring on new lighting technology!

    20 26.32%
  • I dont care either way!

    13 17.11%
  • I like incandescent bulbs and fluorescent ones. But dont make a law about them!

    19 25.00%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    4 5.26%
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 452

Thread: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

  1. #1
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Thanks to President Bush and Congress it will soon be illegal tobuy and sell incandecent light bulbs! Do you care?

    Need a Light Bulb? Uncle Sam Gets to Choose: Virginia Postrel - Bloomberg
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Thanks to President Bush and Congress it will soon be illegal tobuy and sell incandecent light bulbs! Do you care?
    Not...really.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Yes I care.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Thanks to President Bush and Congress it will soon be illegal tobuy and sell incandecent light bulbs! Do you care?

    Need a Light Bulb? Uncle Sam Gets to Choose: Virginia Postrel - Bloomberg
    This is entirely and totally untrue. New light bulbs have to conform to certain new standards, and in fact there are incandescent bulbs that do qualify.

    PolitiFact | Conservative PAC claims Democrats banned incandescent light bulbs in favor of fluorescent light bulbs

    Checking facts is gud.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,909
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    They're not illegal
    I may be wrong.

  6. #6
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is entirely and totally untrue. New light bulbs have to conform to certain new standards, and in fact there are incandescent bulbs that do qualify.

    PolitiFact | Conservative PAC claims Democrats banned incandescent light bulbs in favor of fluorescent light bulbs

    Checking facts is gud.
    There is nothing in that article that is untrue. What R-U talking about?

    They're not illegal
    They will be soon. Already in CA its illegal. Has anyone read the damn article? Screw this..... Im getting a beer and watching American Pickers! Son of a..........
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Yep, true dat. You can't find a 100 watt incandescent in California. It's illegal to buy or sell them. I understand that all incandescents will be illegal here soon, and according to the article, a federal law will soon kick in to phase out incandescents throughout the entire nation.

    I hate this. The new bulbs cost a fortune, don't cast enough light for me to read well, and last only half as long as the old bulbs did. Adding to the insult, there hasn't been a drop in our killowatt usage; it has in fact increased. Too damned much government running interference for corporations that can't build a product people want to buy, so they bribe politicians to make using anything other than their products illegal. It sucks.

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    There is nothing in that article that is untrue. What R-U talking about?


    They will be soon. Already in CA its illegal. Has anyone read the damn article? Screw this..... Im getting a beer and watching American Pickers! Son of a..........
    They are not illegal, there is no law making them illegal. You can buy the new incandescent bulbs at Home Depot and Lowe's. The new incandescent bulbs put out the same light as the older bulbs, but do it with lower energy use.

    Let me repeat this: they are not illegal, except maybe in Cali, but since your source is a propaganda piece, I would not even bet on that. Getting your news from opinion pieces is foolish.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Yep, true dat. You can't find a 100 watt incandescent in California. It's illegal to buy or sell them. I understand that all incandescents will be illegal here soon, and according to the article, a federal law will soon kick in to phase out incandescents throughout the entire nation.

    I hate this. The new bulbs cost a fortune, don't cast enough light for me to read well, and last only half as long as the old bulbs did. Adding to the insult, there hasn't been a drop in our killowatt usage; it has in fact increased. Too damned much government running interference for corporations that can't build a product people want to buy, so they bribe politicians to make using anything other than their products illegal. It sucks.
    There is no federal law now, nor kicking in at any point, that makes incandescent bulbs illegal. However, your 100 watt incandescent is replaces with a 72 watt incandescent bulb that puts out just as much light as the old 100 watt bulbs.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •