View Poll Results: Incandescent Light bulb ban.... do you care?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I care! The ban is foolish! I want my incandescent bulbs!

    20 26.32%
  • I like the ban! Bring on new lighting technology!

    20 26.32%
  • I dont care either way!

    13 17.11%
  • I like incandescent bulbs and fluorescent ones. But dont make a law about them!

    19 25.00%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    4 5.26%
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 452

Thread: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    The new standards where made on the basis of the engineering being there to make incandescent bulbs that put out more light with less energy. So it is a code based on engineering. Further, your whole it is except when I say it isn't method of deciding tyranny is unimpressive and does not work. It is further stupid since by your own admission, we have already been in in a state of tyranny, except, well, we are not in a state of tyranny.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Seriously, read the sources. They can now make incandescent bulbs that conform to the standards. The technology(interesting side note) was perfected based on lighting used for reef aquariums, where they needed high intensity bulbs that put out less heat. IN point of fact, you can buy the new incandescent bulbs at Home Depot that conform to the standard.
    You still are purposely ignoring the facts yourself. The standards effectively ban the sale of products that do not fit the new standards. I don't honestly care to hear about what the new technology does or how similar it is to the old or how much better it is, I just don't care nor is it relevant to my point. If you can't refute that it does effectively ban the sale of the old product, my point stands, sorry.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The new standards where made on the basis of the engineering being there to make incandescent bulbs that put out more light with less energy. So it is a code based on engineering. Further, your whole it is except when I say it isn't method of deciding tyranny is unimpressive and does not work. It is further stupid since by your own admission, we have already been in in a state of tyranny, except, well, we are not in a state of tyranny.
    Tyranny comes in many levels, some more harsh than others. Standards that make products illegal for sale can pretty effectively be a level of tyranny.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You still are purposely ignoring the facts yourself. The standards effectively ban the sale of products that do not fit the new standards. I don't honestly care to hear about what the new technology does or how similar it is to the old or how much better it is, I just don't care nor is it relevant to my point. If you can't refute that it does effectively ban the sale of the old product, my point stands, sorry.
    OK, I will say this slower...you...can...still...buy...incandescent... bulbs...that...put...out...the...same...level...an d...intensity...of...light.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Tyranny comes in many levels, some more harsh than others. Standards that make products illegal for sale can pretty effectively be a level of tyranny.
    Tyranny over lightbulbs is a great example over overblown hyperbole.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The new standards where made on the basis of the engineering being there to make incandescent bulbs that put out more light with less energy. So it is a code based on engineering. Further, your whole it is except when I say it isn't method of deciding tyranny is unimpressive and does not work. It is further stupid since by your own admission, we have already been in in a state of tyranny, except, well, we are not in a state of tyranny.
    No. No. No. This was ideologically driven. There is a mother Earth religion. It has a variety of names. Currently it is human caused climate change. Engineers did not get together and say, as engineers occasionally do, "Hey, we have this really nice technology and we want to add it to our standards. This is such a marketplace winner we are not sure if we can keep the shelves stocked. After all, it is three times as expensive as the current solution, it offers light that no one will want, when it breaks people in HAZMAT suits have to come clean up the spill."

    No. If the market wanted it no government rule, regulation, directive, from a government busybody department would be necessary. Tyranny is clearly visible when you actually choose to open your eyes.

  6. #36
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Who gives a flying ****?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Tyranny over lightbulbs is a great example over overblown hyperbole.
    Can you buy any toilet you want for your home or business? No. Why not? The same agency with the same tyrannical view. 1.6 gallons per flush. Period. Want six gallons? Nope. You get what a government bureaucrat has decided is good for you.
    In every area of your life there is a big brother type bureaucrat ready to hound you to death for your own good. And that is tyranny.

  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No. No. No. This was ideologically driven. There is a mother Earth religion. It has a variety of names. Currently it is human caused climate change. Engineers did not get together and say, as engineers occasionally do, "Hey, we have this really nice technology and we want to add it to our standards. This is such a marketplace winner we are not sure if we can keep the shelves stocked. After all, it is three times as expensive as the current solution, it offers light that no one will want, when it breaks people in HAZMAT suits have to come clean up the spill."
    Ummm...first off, only compact florescent have the issue with any toxicity, and it's minor. Only the upfront cost is more, the actual cost of buying and using the bulbs are less for each of the three main types, incandescent, compact fluorescent and LED. The modern bulbs, light is just as good with each as old incandescent, in the case of LEDs I believe better.

    The climate change concept is totally spurious, as this was part of an energy independence program. Nothing to do with climate change. By the way, do you happen to know how republicans voted on the bill. And which president signed it? That one is going to really hurt your claim of ideologically driven.

    No. If the market wanted it no government rule, regulation, directive, from a government busybody department would be necessary. Tyranny is clearly visible when you actually choose to open your eyes.
    Standards on lightbulbs is not tyranny. That is overblown hyperbole. There are literally thousands upon thousands of such standards, and the US is not by any stretch of the imagination a tyranny. In fact, we are one of the most economically free countries in the world.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    OK, I will say this slower...you...can...still...buy...incandescent... bulbs...that...put...out...the...same...level...an d...intensity...of...light.
    But they aren't the same lightbulbs. My point. Thanks for playing.

    Tyranny over lightbulbs is a great example over overblown hyperbole.
    No, its not. Its just not at the level you think warrants the charge.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Can you buy any toilet you want for your home or business? No. Why not? The same agency with the same tyrannical view. 1.6 gallons per flush. Period. Want six gallons? Nope. You get what a government bureaucrat has decided is good for you.
    God, I hate low flow toilets so much. Thanks gov, this toilet is awesome! So much better than the old version.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-11-11 at 02:13 AM.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •