View Poll Results: Incandescent Light bulb ban.... do you care?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I care! The ban is foolish! I want my incandescent bulbs!

    20 26.32%
  • I like the ban! Bring on new lighting technology!

    20 26.32%
  • I dont care either way!

    13 17.11%
  • I like incandescent bulbs and fluorescent ones. But dont make a law about them!

    19 25.00%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    4 5.26%
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 452

Thread: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Apparently, nearly 60% of the posters here are against this so-called ban.
    This bodes ill for Mr Obama....our nation is not ready for progression..
    For the masses...they may not even notice...and for the libs...I see another 20 years of misery...as we fall even further back, even becoming a third world nation.
    All this over a light bulb....

  2. #122
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Incandescent light bulbs, like current automobile engines are a genuine waste of energy. In the case of the lights, huge amounts of wattage produce small amounts of light and lots of waste heat to the atmosphere.
    ... and if I want to use incandescent light bulbs and pay more for them and the energy they waste, that's my business.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #123
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Apparently, nearly 60% of the posters here are against this so-called ban.
    This bodes ill for Mr Obama....our nation is not ready for progression..
    For the masses...they may not even notice...and for the libs...I see another 20 years of misery...as we fall even further back, even becoming a third world nation.
    All this over a light bulb....
    Obama's type of "progression", **** no. Your misery apparently, is closer to my ideal.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #124
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I'm sorry, but I do not accept the Chicken Little ideology. Tyrants promote it to justify their misdeeds. Do I feel guilty about using a particular lightbulb? Absolutely not! Nope. How much natural resources have you produced to repay society for the gasoline you have used in your car? If you haven't repaid your "debt" to society, please don't lecture me about using a lightbulb. If you have, then 99% have not.
    It sounds like your being selfish, as only one who is selfish would not admit to partaking in the squandering of our children's inheritance. I do not claim to be not guilty of this crime, but I do claim to do my best at being efficient and being non-wasteful as soon as I can. Unlike some people, I can admit that I make mistakes, that I am human. Simply because one is guilty of making poor decisions does not make that decision any less poor.

    Am I saying you should "feel guilty about using a particular light-bulb"? Certainly not as guilty as depleting the earth natural resources by not supporting the cause to stop using non-renewable resources. If you're not for getting off using non-renewable resources, you are against it.

    Denial is the first sign of guilt and a sign of immaturity. One who cannot see their shortcomings, cannot handle the possibility that they are imperfect. The sooner people own up to their mistakes, the sooner we as a race will make progress. Denial of imperfection is pitiful and reflects poorly; it is this way because it is so very clear that no one is able to be perfect and denial of that appears bullheaded.

    Simply because you feel helpless in a situation, does not require you to distort your beliefs to better serve your ego, i.e. some may say: "there's nothing I can do about it so I will just say there's nothing wrong with it".

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Virtually the entire society is guilty of what you believe to be "selfish" behavior. Balderdash! And... Folderol! <---- I threw that in for the fun of it. LOL!
    Let me ask you .. if everyone in society jumped off a bridge .. would you do that too? Using your logic, if everyone started murdering people, it would be O.K. because "virtually everyone" is guilty of it. Your reasoning holds no water. It just looks more like a cop-out than anything.

  5. #125
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    ... and if I want to use incandescent light bulbs and pay more for them and the energy they waste, that's my business.
    Your statement begs extrapolation. What are your limits?

  6. #126
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Your statement begs extrapolation. What are your limits?
    What are my limits to what?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #127
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Well, I think you need to take your argument to the city government.
    And if they do not accept my plea, then they are a part of Big Government and should be thrown out of office in the next election.

  8. #128
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,170

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    And if they do not accept my plea, then they are a part of Big Government and should be thrown out of office in the next election.
    I think you can believe they should be thrown out of office. If the citizens of the city believe that burning things in the park is advantageous, you might win. If not, I believe you will lose.

  9. #129
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Yeah ya think? This is a ****ing BAN on incandescent light bulbs! Its total bull****. I should be able to buy any kind of ****ing light bulb I want! Luckily I still can. But not in California. After they run out, thats it. And its total crap.
    my sympathy for you = your agony from light bulb limitations = zero

  10. #130
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Incandecent Bulbs Made Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Is it because you find freedom tedious and liberty boring?
    It's because Americans abuse the hell out of the word "freedom".

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •