View Poll Results: Would Like To See People With Opposing Political Philosophies Disappear Forever

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    15 20.55%
  • I disagree

    56 76.71%
  • Don't know

    1 1.37%
  • Rather Not Say

    4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 172

Thread: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

  1. #61
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    No, absolutely not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I wouldnt mind giving them their own country so they didnt have to live in mine. I also wouldnt mind sticking all the fundamentalist Christians on an island with all the fundamentalist Muslims and letting them fight it out.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    we need nutty marxists and loathsome fascists to demonstrate why freedom is so important.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Liberals of all parties, absolutely. It's always the liberals who make a big deal out of everything. The liberal right wants to make America a thocracy, while the liberal left wants religion eradicated from the face of the earth. **** them both.

    "Liberal" means you're on the extreme, so naturally 'conservative' means your more to the center, practically speaking, which is why conservatives of any party can usually find common ground with eachother and compromise quickly.
    Yes, Jerry. That's why there are no such things as moderates - oh wait.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Yes, Jerry. That's why there are no such things as moderates - oh wait.
    A moderate, like an independent, is someone who is either lying about who they are or a political coward, afraid to take a position. 'Moderate' is not an actual position.

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A moderate, like an independent, is someone who is either lying about who they are or a political coward, afraid to take a position. 'Moderate' is not an actual position.
    And... just like I told you in the other thread. Your definition is inaccurate. You are looking at this in a very overly simplistic way. A moderate would be more of someone who has a mix of positions from both ends of the spectrum. The strength of those convictions can be just as strong as anyone else.

    As to the OP, I would have no problem if extremists on each side were eradicated... and btw, Jerry's definition of liberal vs. conservative is ALSO wrong.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-11-11 at 12:54 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Here are the definitions (rated R for use of the effinheimer):


  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And... just like I told you in the other thread. Your definition is inaccurate. You are looking at this in a very overly simplistic way. A moderate would be more of someone who has a mix of positions from both ends of the spectrum. The strength of those convictions can be just as strong as anyone else.

    As to the OP, I would have no problem if extremists on each side were eradicated... and btw, Jerry's definition of liberal vs. conservative is ALSO wrong.
    Everyone has a mix of positions, which is why 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.

    Just like everyone already makes up their own mind for themselves, which is why 'independent' doesn't mean anything either.

    Moderates, as you describe them, are centrists, so here again 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.

  8. #68
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Everyone has a mix of positions, which is why 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.

    Just like everyone already makes up their own mind for themselves, which is why 'independent' doesn't mean anything either.

    Moderates, as you describe them, are centrists, so here again 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.
    I would disagree that everyone makes up their mind for themselves, although I wish it was that way. Too many people simply parrot whatever Fox News or their preacher or their parents or Al Gore tell them. Also, I think you're using a different definition of "liberal" and "conservative" than the rest of us. To us, liberal means on the left and conservative means on the right. You're using them to mean what we call extreme and moderate. I mean, you can make up your own definitions if you want, but it's gonna make it kind of hard for you to talk to other people.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Everyone has a mix of positions, which is why 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.

    Just like everyone already makes up their own mind for themselves, which is why 'independent' doesn't mean anything either.

    Moderates, as you describe them, are centrists, so here again 'moderate' doesn't mean anything.
    The strength of one's positions can certainly identify one as moderate. The degree of mixing of someone's positions can certainly identify one as independent. Both concepts are valid positions.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #70
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    This place would be way to boring. So no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •