View Poll Results: Would Like To See People With Opposing Political Philosophies Disappear Forever

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    15 20.55%
  • I disagree

    56 76.71%
  • Don't know

    1 1.37%
  • Rather Not Say

    4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 172

Thread: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    What work? Even if people find work these days, it is mostly part time hours. Who can support a family on that? I know I couldn't.
    Uh that's right, part-time at the gas station and delivering pizzas. 60+ hours per week doing 2-3 part time jobs.

    You have a family to support, so if that's what it takes, then do it.

  2. #142
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The current standard for the SNAP program is 5 aps per week.

    Per. Week.

    If you can't even accomplish that, then yes you deserve to be screwed.

    There are lots of great programs in place to help people find a job, but they don't want to because they're getting paid for nothing by big-bro.

    Well, ok, not nothing...they're getting paid to keep the people who gave them those benefits in office. They are being paid for their vote, essentially. This is how democracies die. This is how our democracy will die. There is no avoiding it.
    Jesus dude, you just don't want to be pinned down, do you? There are more unemployed people than there are job opportunities. That means a certain percentage of people will always be unemployed. What do you suggest we do about this problem?
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  3. #143
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Uh that's right, part-time at the gas station and delivering pizzas. 60+ hours per week doing 2-3 part time jobs.

    You have a family to support, so if that's what it takes, then do it.
    Even that wont cut it. There's the mortgage, utilities, groceries, doctor bills, gas, health insurance, life insurance, car insurance, disability insurance, home owner's insurance, et cetera. Neither my husband nor myself could work enough ****ty jobs to cover nearly $500 worth of insurance each month. Your answers are too simplistic.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Jesus dude, you just don't want to be pinned down, do you? There are more unemployed people than there are job opportunities. That means a certain percentage of people will always be unemployed. What do you suggest we do about this problem?
    What problem?

    Unemployment - Google public data

    As you said, there will always be a % who are unemployed...because they are disabled, a student, under age, etc. This is not a problem. You want the unemployment rate at around 5%. The link I gave above shows that here in SD the problem is that we have to many jobs and not enough people.

  5. #145
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Uh that's right, part-time at the gas station and delivering pizzas. 60+ hours per week doing 2-3 part time jobs.

    You have a family to support, so if that's what it takes, then do it.
    60hrs/week * $8 (some states like VT have higher minimum wages) * 4 = 1920 (-1920 * .23) 1478/mo (because most of the working poor don't claim dependents because they don't trust themselves to have the money to pay if they end up owing taxes). That's barely enough money to support 1 person in some states, let alone a family.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Even that wont cut it. There's the mortgage, utilities, groceries, doctor bills, gas, health insurance, life insurance, car insurance, disability insurance, home owner's insurance, et cetera. Neither my husband nor myself could work enough ****ty jobs to cover nearly $500 worth of insurance each month. Your answers are too simplistic.
    Your situation is fact-dependent. Even if you had attempted to publish your personal financial details on this forum, which you did not and so shouldn't expect myself or anyone else to know about your life, I am not a licensed financial adviser.

    So, enough attention whoring, this thread is not about you.

    If your mortgage is more than a 15 year fixed, paying not more than 1/3rd of your income, with 20% down, you're paying to much. That's not the economy, that's you making a mistake.

    If you do not own your car outright and thus have payments, that's not the economy, that's you making a mistake.

    If you have a credit card, that's not the economy, that's you making a mistake.

    You are not automatically blameless for your financial problems. You chose where to live and what to put into your home, which effect your insurances, so that cost is all on you. If you have to pay more for car insurance because you don't know how to drive, that's on you. If you didn't get a job while things were good which offered a benefits package, that's on you.

    If your medical coverage is anything more that catastrophic-only (self-insuring everything else), you're paying to much. That's on you.

    If you've eaten out even once in the last fiscal year, you loose all right to complain because you're spending money you should be putting to bills.

  7. #147
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If you do not own your car outright and thus have payments, that's not the economy, that's you making a mistake.
    Yea, that doesn't work. I had to get a car on a loan because no one in my family, nor myself, could save enough money to even buy a clunker and because I live in IN, I actually need a vehicle to get back and forth to work.

  8. #148
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    60hrs/week * $8 (some states like VT have higher minimum wages) * 4 = 1920 (-1920 * .23) 1478/mo (because most of the working poor don't claim dependents because they don't trust themselves to have the money to pay if they end up owing taxes). That's barely enough money to support 1 person in some states, let alone a family.
    Exactly my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

    So, enough attention whoring, this thread is not about you.
    Um, excuse me? You spend several pages whining about your ex and derailing a thread, and then have the audacity to write this crap. Bah. You're not worth my time.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    60hrs/week * $8 (some states like VT have higher minimum wages) * 4 = 1920 (-1920 * .23) 1478/mo (because most of the working poor don't claim dependents because they don't trust themselves to have the money to pay if they end up owing taxes). That's barely enough money to support 1 person in some states, let alone a family.
    I've don it with less, in NY, with a stay-at-home mom and 2 kids.

    What you can't do is maintain your current lifestyle, but you can put food on the table and a roof over heads. You just have to bust your lifestyle down to your new income.

    Or you can move to a state like mine where there's plenty of entry level jobs beginning at $10-12PrHr.

  10. #150
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    60hrs/week * $8 (some states like VT have higher minimum wages) * 4 = 1920 (-1920 * .23) 1478/mo (because most of the working poor don't claim dependents because they don't trust themselves to have the money to pay if they end up owing taxes). That's barely enough money to support 1 person in some states, let alone a family.
    Well said. Of course Walmart's CEO only made 35 million last year so he needs his taxes lowered.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •