View Poll Results: Would Like To See People With Opposing Political Philosophies Disappear Forever

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    15 20.55%
  • I disagree

    56 76.71%
  • Don't know

    1 1.37%
  • Rather Not Say

    4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 172

Thread: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

  1. #131
    Advisor BentWingedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-23-11 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    People change with power. That is fact.
    Not always in a negative way. It depends on their level of consciousness.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BentWingedAngel View Post
    Not always in a negative way. It depends on their level of consciousness.
    I think greater and greater power does lead to a change in a negative way. One can say power has an erosive affect on the person, much like hatred.

    When one has great power...

    ...the person, the real person within, feels more comfortable about revealing itself.

    I know people change for the worse when they feel they no longer have to fear consequences.

  3. #133
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you actually believe those who say they wouldn't do such acts with such power?

    At a lower level, would you let any person command a tank through the city if they said they wouldn't hurt anyone?

    People change with power. That is fact.
    Wake...you'd better re-read my post. And in particular my opener for this thread.

    My dire concern today is that so many people seem to be willing to totally eradicate people who don't believe like that do politically, socially, and within there specific religion. Those are really bad things to eradicate people over.

    Over the past 30 or so years...It's my observation that people in general are becoming exponentially more divided and hold ill feelings toward people who don't subscribe to all of the aforementioned

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Wake...you'd better re-read my post. And in particular my opener for this thread.

    My dire concern today is that so many people seem to be willing to totally eradicate people who don't believe like that do politically, socially, and within there specific religion. Those are really bad things to eradicate people over.

    Over the past 30 or so years...It's my observation that people in general are becoming exponentially more divided and hold ill feelings toward people who don't subscribe to all of the aforementioned
    All of that is incorporated into my beliefs.

    That does not negate the fact that power corrupts. Select uncorrupted people on this forum say they would not get rid of people; they cannot know for sure because they have not had such power.

    That is what I take issue with. Power intoxicates like alcohol, addicts like nicotine.

    It is the same as saying you won't become addicted if you smoke a few cigarettes per day for one week. They cannot know fore sure.

    I daresay it is facetiousness.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It was merely a factual statement. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    Below "absolute":

    Great power corrupts greatly.
    I believe the quote is actually "tends to corrupt"
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    You're still not getting it. There's about 4 people for every 1 job opening. No matter how hard people try, there will always be people who can't find work. You can't magically make jobs appear. So, if some people only look for 3 hours a day, do they deserve to be screwed over because they aren't looking 6 hours a day?
    Hours? I think of it in terms of number of applications, not number of hours.

    By your standard doing 5 aps in 6 hours is better than my record 20 aps in 45 minutes.

    At those rates, guess who finds the job first? But when the government is cutting you a check for nothing, why look for work at all?

  7. #137
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hours? I think of it in terms of number of applications, not number of hours.

    By your standard doing 5 aps in 6 hours is better than my record 20 aps in 45 minutes.

    At those rates, guess who finds the job first? But when the government is cutting you a check for nothing, why look for work at all?
    Nice dodge. So, alright, do the people who only fill out 5 apps a day deserve to be screwed over because they aren't filling out 20 apps a day? Also, I don't necessarily support welfare. A better system would be a public works program. If every citizen could find a job if they wanted one, then there would be no excuse for propping up the ones who don't work.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  8. #138
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    What work? Even if people find work these days, it is mostly part time hours. Who can support a family on that? I know I couldn't.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Nice dodge. So, alright, do the people who only fill out 5 apps a day deserve to be screwed over because they aren't filling out 20 apps a day? Also, I don't necessarily support welfare. A better system would be a public works program. If every citizen could find a job if they wanted one, then there would be no excuse for propping up the ones who don't work.
    The current standard for the SNAP program is 5 aps per week.

    Per. Week.

    If you can't even accomplish that, then yes you deserve to be screwed.

    There are lots of great programs in place to help people find a job, but they don't want to because they're getting paid for nothing by big-bro.

    Well, ok, not nothing...they're getting paid to keep the people who gave them those benefits in office. They are being paid for their vote, essentially. This is how democracies die. This is how our democracy will die. There is no avoiding it.

  10. #140
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    According to some of your fellow Conservatives who voted in this poll...they would indeed eradicate EVERYBODY who disagree with their political ideologies. As far as I can tell, there were no Independents, Centralist, or Liberals who voted that way.

    That's obviously not a representative vote for all Conservatives. I live in a fairly small semi-rural Conservative community on the outskirts of Austin. And I don't think that most would want to eradicate their opposing party/philosophies. Sure, there are probably a couple I believe that might. But they are indeed the exception but not the rule HERE. I can't say the same for other areas I've been around. I've heard a lot of vile comments.

    Thanks for your comment.
    That's pretty sad. I don't hate liberals, per se because I have liberal friends, and I base friendship on likability, and character. They're basically good people.

    Now, I have a real problem with the activist liberal. The die-hard, take no prisoners liberal who spreads lies and misinformation.

    But the common every day co-worker, neighbor, or liberal friend...I have no problem with.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •