View Poll Results: Would Like To See People With Opposing Political Philosophies Disappear Forever

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    15 20.55%
  • I disagree

    56 76.71%
  • Don't know

    1 1.37%
  • Rather Not Say

    4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 172

Thread: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I am not convinced that people with near God-like power would not change to accomplish their most internal desires.
    On that note, you can only speak for yourself.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    On that note, you can only speak for yourself.
    I know absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    Do you, BDBoop?

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I am not convinced that people with near God-like power would not change to accomplish their most internal desires.
    I never said I wouldn't eradicate INDIVIDUALS. Horrible awful individuals.

    But it would be based on ACTIONS, not beliefs or ideology.

    And certainly wouldn't be a "blanket" eradication.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I never said I wouldn't eradicate INDIVIDUALS. Horrible awful individuals.

    But it would be based on ACTIONS, not beliefs or ideology.

    And certainly wouldn't be a "blanket" eradication.
    You would stop at killing certain individuals?

    What would you do if others came to fight you for killing the others? What if people knew your identity?

    You see, I read a manga called Death Note. This only strengthens my belief.

  5. #125
    Advisor BentWingedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-23-11 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You can say this because you've never had the power to eradicate legions of people you don't agree with.

    Do you know yourself so we that such extreme temptations, like overwhelming power, will not sway or change you?
    Wake I believe your confusing "power" with Force"
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

  6. #126
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The title says it pretty much.

    I think that there is enough political hatred among many of our great citizens of the U.S. who would, if they could, without consequences, be willing to remove, from our planet, all persons who oppose their respective political ideologies, philosophies, or party affiliation.

    I think that many believe that reducing our country's political ideologies down to his or her own...would totally eliminate all of our political problems.

    What say ye?
    What? Get rid of all the liberals? Who would I poke fun at if I got rid of all the liberals?
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  7. #127
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,552

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    What? Get rid of all the liberals? Who would I poke fun at if I got rid of all the liberals?
    According to some of your fellow Conservatives who voted in this poll...they would indeed eradicate EVERYBODY who disagree with their political ideologies. As far as I can tell, there were no Independents, Centralist, or Liberals who voted that way.

    That's obviously not a representative vote for all Conservatives. I live in a fairly small semi-rural Conservative community on the outskirts of Austin. And I don't think that most would want to eradicate their opposing party/philosophies. Sure, there are probably a couple I believe that might. But they are indeed the exception but not the rule HERE. I can't say the same for other areas I've been around. I've heard a lot of vile comments.

    Thanks for your comment.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You would stop at killing certain individuals?

    What would you do if others came to fight you for killing the others? What if people knew your identity?

    You see, I read a manga called Death Note. This only strengthens my belief.
    You posited absolute power.

    As such, I have nothing to fear from those who might disagree with my decision.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    According to some of your fellow Conservatives who voted in this poll...they would indeed eradicate EVERYBODY who disagree with their political ideologies. As far as I can tell, there were no Independents, Centralist, or Liberals who voted that way.

    That's obviously not a representative vote for all Conservatives. I live in a fairly small semi-rural Conservative community on the outskirts of Austin. And I don't think that most would want to eradicate their opposing party/philosophies. Sure, there are probably a couple I believe that might. But they are indeed the exception but not the rule HERE. I can't say the same for other areas I've been around. I've heard a lot of vile comments.

    Thanks for your comment.
    Do you actually believe those who say they wouldn't do such acts with such power?

    At a lower level, would you let any person command a tank through the city if they said they wouldn't hurt anyone?

    People change with power. That is fact.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    You posited absolute power.

    As such, I have nothing to fear from those who might disagree with my decision.
    It was merely a factual statement. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    Below "absolute":

    Great power corrupts greatly.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •