View Poll Results: Would Like To See People With Opposing Political Philosophies Disappear Forever

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    15 20.55%
  • I disagree

    56 76.71%
  • Don't know

    1 1.37%
  • Rather Not Say

    4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 172

Thread: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    I reiterate:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Deep down, we all would.

    This question is similar to asking:

    "If you could control time and space, would you steal money from casino vaults, etc?"

    Of course on here we'd say no. But deep down, Hell yes we would, with style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    People say they won't, because they're on a public forum.

    Ever wish to know the hidden truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If you grip the reigns of such concentrated power, you will commit atrocities.

    Do not lie to yourself, or others.
    I am not liking these responses

    For a fact I know people would not only be highly tempted, but would also mold the world as they see fit.

    This thread demands that one has absolute power, or at least a level of power that seems that way. We're talking of eradicating people. Scattering them across the four corners of oblivion.

    How many of us have ever killed insects merely because we were annoyed? We felt powerful enough to do so, and so we did. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. You are NO exception. With such intoxicating power, our possibilities broaden, our desires can be manifested as reality, and the person itself changes.

    So as I am ignored and disappointed, I say this:

    Do NOT lie to yourself or others. It's unbecoming of you. You have never had such power. You are not an exception to the intoxication of absolute power.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Oh, yeah, frivolous bull****. You mean like yachts and gold plated toilets? Or were you referring to extravagances such as food for starving people and health care for sick people?
    Like paying the bills of other grown, perfectly capable adults who can and should be paying their own bills, but don't because you're providing them a check for nothing; ie extended unemployment benefits, loos standards on SNAP, etc.

    I am not the rich. I've never made enough money to buy a yacht or a gold plated toilet, but my X has used child-support to pay the bills for an apartment full of capable adults. You people are wasting my money in exactly the same way. You can bitch and argue and fight with me all you like, just like she does, it doesn't change anything.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-11-11 at 10:37 PM.

  3. #93
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Like paying the bills of other grown, perfectly capable adults who can and should be paying their own bills, but don't because you're providing them a check for nothing; ie extended unemployment benefits, loos standards on SNAP, etc.

    I am not the rich. I've never made enough money to buy a yacht or a gold plated toilet, but my X has used child-support to pay the bills for an apartment full of capable adults. You people are wasting my money in exactly the same way. You can bitch and argue and fight with me all you like, just like she does, it doesn't change anything.
    First of all, I'll just say that I dislike the way alimony and child support is handled in this country, although I don't know the specifics of your situation. Anyway, have you actually tried to find a job recently? I have, and it's not easy. In fact, a lot of the time, it's next to impossible. IIRC, there's something like one job opening for every four unemployed people. How, exactly, are those people supposed to pay their own bills? Not that welfare is a good solution, but this system doesnt leave a whole lot of other options. It demands that you work full time to support yourself, but then doesnt provide enough employment for that to be possible for everyone.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Like paying the bills of other grown, perfectly capable adults who can and should be paying their own bills, but don't because you're providing them a check for nothing; ie extended unemployment benefits, loos standards on SNAP, etc.

    I am not the rich. I've never made enough money to buy a yacht or a gold plated toilet, but my X has used child-support to pay the bills for an apartment full of capable adults. You people are wasting my money in exactly the same way. You can bitch and argue and fight with me all you like, just like she does, it doesn't change anything.
    Scuse me? Does the child still exist, and require food, clothing and shelter? IS the child, fed, clothed, and sheltered? Then you have no right to bitch.

  5. #95
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,512

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    I think thread has jumped the track. I'd really like to see it stay focused on the topic.

    Thanks...

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I think thread has jumped the track. I'd really like to see it stay focused on the topic.

    Thanks...
    I agree.

    I wish the people here would not ignore the truth in my prior post.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Anyway, have you actually tried to find a job recently? I have, and it's not easy.
    It took me all of 1 (one) week, because I'm willing to take any job, at least to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    How, exactly, are those people supposed to pay their own bills?
    Are you seriously trying to defend child-support being spent on people other than the children?

    4 adults capable of working. The X's boyfriend had a job at a gas station, one was 8 months pregnant by the 3rd who was fresh out of serving a 6 year sentence for aggravated armed burglary, and the X. These are the people my X has decided to associate with while hiding my children and cashing the child-support. You have no chance of defending my X, so please save yourself the effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Not that welfare is a good solution, but this system doesnt leave a whole lot of other options. It demands that you work full time to support yourself, but then doesnt provide enough employment for that to be possible for everyone.
    All you have to do in a recession is choose not to participate. It's literally that easy.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-12-11 at 12:07 AM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Scuse me? Does the child still exist, and require food, clothing and shelter? IS the child, fed, clothed, and sheltered? Then you have no right to bitch.
    Oh, I see, you're making assumptions and think you know the details of the situation.

    I'm not an asshole for no reason.

    My boys were kept in a small 3 bedroom apartment with 4 adults and 2 other children. One adult was their mother. One was her boyfriend, the same person she was cheating on me with. One was a violent felon. The 4th was the felon's baby-mama.

    I have documented evidence, witch will see it's day in court, proving that my children were being abused while living there.

    On the average day, their mother was either doped up on prescriptions for her clinically diagnosed manic-depressive bi-polar disorder and chronic pain from arthritis in the back and fibromyalgia, or suffering from the pain. 90% of the time she was either asleep or not mentally there.

    I've personally sat with the man she cheated on me with, in his living room, for hours. From his own mouth I learned that that their relationship was over before it really started, that he and his felon brother kept my X around for the sol purpose of using her to pay their bills.

    The only income my X has had for the last 3 years is food stamps and child-support.

    SD issued my X over $500 worth of food stamps every month, yet the only thing my children were eating was macaroni and romin.

    She took off before I got back from Fort Leonard Wood. I've spent a small fortune on lawyers and PIs tracking her down, and as soon as I locate her, she plays nice for a few days and disappears again. Today she's in CA. She doesn't know that I know, but she will soon.

    There is nothing you can type into your post that will slake my deep hatred. There is no logically convincing me of the error of my ways. I can not be converted.

    You have no argument in support of her actions which will gain any ground with me.

    The father in me is an injured dog, and if touched, even with the best of intentions, you will lose a few fingers.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-12-11 at 12:28 AM.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Scuse me? Does the child still exist, and require food, clothing and shelter?
    My problem is that their mother activly interfiears with my contact with the children, so I don't know what they need. DO my children need shoes? Did they have enough to eat today? Please tell me because I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    IS the child, fed, clothed, and sheltered?
    Last I knew, their mother was forcing them to live in shelters. I don't know if they ate today, but I do know they have had to go to bed hungry before in her care. Do they have a coat for the cold weather? I don't know. Have the been injured? How's Mikel's scoliosis?

    I .Don't. Know.

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Then you have no right to bitch.
    You act as though I answered "yes" to your questions.

  10. #100
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Would You Eradicate All Persons Who Don't Subscribe To Your Political Philosophy?

    The vast majority of people on welfare (all types) aren't life long parasites. However, the way welfare is handled in the US is ass-backwars. Some states do it correctly. My state (IN) has great worker retraining programs were it will pay for you to get a certificate to qualify for employment. My best friend is currently on this program and when he finishes he will be able to secure a middle class job. If he had a car or any way to get one, he would already be working right now (got offered a job to travel across the state fixing computer networks). Over the last 2 years every job hes held had been eliminated.

    Other programs are only triggered if you are a single mother without employment in which case you get more money not working than you do working 40hrs a week making minimum wage, and yet the program doesn't offer reduced cost child care. One of my other friends lost a 12$/hr job a year ago because his child care provider bailed on him and he had to watch his kid instead of going to work. He has since moved back to his home state of Mass. and managed to secure a job and get the help with his kid that he needed, because Mass has decent programs.
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-12-11 at 12:59 AM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •