View Poll Results: Are they Racists?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Sharpton

    25 80.65%
  • Jeremiah Wright

    25 80.65%
  • (Louis?) Farrakan

    28 90.32%
  • Dr. Malik Shabbaz of the New Black Panthers

    27 87.10%
  • None are racists. (Explain)

    4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 174

Thread: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

  1. #161
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And if they hate white people because of the treatment they suffered at the hands of white people, they don't hate you because of anything you did or did not do; but because you're white.
    And that is acceptable to you?

    How about if a white kid lived in a community where most of his neighbors were black and got picked on constantly...
    Or say he rode a school bus that had a majority of black kids and he was always picked on for being the white kid and when he stood up for himself he got jumped by 7 of them.....

    And he grew up to dislike and distrust blacks...

    Would that be acceptable to you?


    EDIT TO ADD: Many of the folks in my generation, who hate white people, do not have the pre-civil rights era and slavery (nobody does) to blame for hating white people because of what they have suffered because they didnt suffer it.
    Last edited by Caine; 06-09-11 at 06:41 PM.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

    And that is acceptable to you?

    How about if a white kid lived in a community where most of his neighbors were black and got picked on constantly...
    Or say he rode a school bus that had a majority of black kids and he was always picked on for being the white kid and when he stood up for himself he got jumped by 7 of them.....

    And he grew up to dislike and distrust blacks...

    Would that be acceptable to you?


    EDIT TO ADD: Many of the folks in my generation, who hate white people, do not have the pre-civil rights era and slavery (nobody does) to blame for hating white people because of what they have suffered because they didnt suffer it.
    I'm speaking about the people named in the poll. They are all old enough that they were around pre-civil rights. IF they hate white people, I understand. IF they're wary of white people because of it, I understand that too. IF they are racist because of it, I understand that too. And those are all big IFs because I honestly have no idea how they feel.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    and , of course, that's not racist in the least
    I never said that either. I do hope at some point you can address what I actually say and not some strawman.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

    Do you always take people's words out of context like that???
    He's already done it a couple of times with me. Either he doesn't understand what I said or he doesn't feel capable of debating my position, so he puts words in my mouth that he can thinks he can argue against.

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And that is acceptable to you?

    How about if a white kid lived in a community where most of his neighbors were black and got picked on constantly...
    Or say he rode a school bus that had a majority of black kids and he was always picked on for being the white kid and when he stood up for himself he got jumped by 7 of them.....

    And he grew up to dislike and distrust blacks...

    Would that be acceptable to you?


    EDIT TO ADD: Many of the folks in my generation, who hate white people, do not have the pre-civil rights era and slavery (nobody does) to blame for hating white people because of what they have suffered because they didnt suffer it.
    I wouldn't call either example acceptable, but I would say both are understandable. I think one of the main problems with how most people talk about race is that they don't consider the fact that racism or distrust of certain races is understandable given someone's experiences. It just becomes a battle of who can condemn the apparent racism fastest and then everyone gets angry or defensive and no one learns anything and we're back where we started.

  6. #166
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,752
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?pbrauer and Sheik Yerbuti are now banned from this thread.
    Last edited by RedAkston; 06-09-11 at 11:05 PM.

  7. #167
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Farakan is the craziest of them all. He's one trip'n homie.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Al Sharpton seems racist because he is consistently seeing issues through lens of race.

    Since I'm unable to post links on my cell, would snyone please post more damning evidence that Sharpton et all are indeed racist?
    Last edited by Wake; 06-09-11 at 11:28 PM.

  9. #169
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    The reality is the term racist referring to a person is waaaaaaay watered down.
    People have to WAKE UP
    Being racist is hard work, you must hate unconditionally, judge unconditionally, void yourself of any logic and rational when dealing with said race you are against.

    You can like ANY OF THEM basically, they all must be viewed as trash, you must view them all as evil and that you are superior.

    that is racism.

    Just because theres people out there that CLAIM racism for every little retard thing you dont like those idiots win!? THEY ARE IDIOTS

    If you let morons define what racism is then we all become morons. It makes us all worse. We all have to look at things deeper than surface level and BE BETTER than those people because they are part of the problem and they pollute or rational and objectivity.

    Also be aware that one could do a act that could be judged racist but that doent mean they are racist LOL HUGE difference.

    If a white guy walking down the street at 3am after drinking switches sides because he sees 5 guys oddly hanging out and the happen to be black is he racist? did he only switch sides cause they were black?

    Im sure some "genius" think so but what if now you find out he just wanted to make it home to his BLACK wife and biracial baby safely. Now it just seems like common sense to avoid 5 guys hangin out at 3am for no reason, who happen to be black. LOL

    I still say the last two people on the list are racist IMO the first two with all the dealing they do with other races Im not buying it.

    Doesnt mean I think they are rational, or sane or NOT part of the problem, it just means they dont fit the definition of racist unless of course you want to change the definition and watered down like the problem people do.
    I like you and no offense but I would take this post much more serious if you were not tossing out the word retard which I view as hateful as dropping the n bomb

    But carry on as you do make good points. Again no offense just wanted to point that out
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #170
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakan, and Malik Shabbaz... Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    He's already done it a couple of times with me. Either he doesn't understand what I said or he doesn't feel capable of debating my position, so he puts words in my mouth that he can thinks he can argue against.
    I don't know which is worse, the racist or the person who defends the racist
    Last edited by OscarB63; 06-10-11 at 09:38 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •