View Poll Results: Once he refused to marry her, her decision became none of his business

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    6 75.00%
  • False

    2 25.00%
  • Unsure

    0 0%
  • Can't vote, my personal beliefs are too strong to set aside even in discussion.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

  1. #11
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I should think a VERY high percentage of men in his shoes would have been relieved.
    agreed. this guy is a douchebag
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Thanks to all who set me straight, but I guess it shows what my first reaction would be in her shoes. "I didn't scramble this egg by myself. I shall talk to the future paternal parental unit, and we shall reach a conclusion."

    "I am pregnant. Oh. You don't - oh. .... really? I'm good enough to ____ but not ... oh? Okay. Well, then. Good bye."

    After that? I'd never speak to him again because as it turns out, he's a [insert every rotten word you can think of, here].

  3. #13
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    agreed. this guy is a douchebag
    Yup, a complete and total asshat without a single redeeming characteristic. However, we live in a country where people are allowed to be douchebags and so long as they don't break any specific laws, while we can all think they're pricks, we can't do a thing about it. That's the whole point of free speech, it's not there to protect the speech we all agree on, but the speech we all hate.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian
    So, theoretically, a happily married couple... woman gets pregnent... man is happy... woman is not... woman says 'I am getting an abortion'... man is supposed to say 'sure honey, whatever you say'???
    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    the hard fact is that no one but the woman has any say over her body, and i don't know a single woman who would have an abortion "just because". the situation you describe is probably quite rare.
    As I said, it was a theoretical question, based on Korimir's statement.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yup, a complete and total asshat without a single redeeming characteristic. However, we live in a country where people are allowed to be douchebags and so long as they don't break any specific laws, while we can all think they're pricks, we can't do a thing about it. That's the whole point of free speech, it's not there to protect the speech we all agree on, but the speech we all hate.
    That discussion does not belong in this thread. This thread is to ask if people felt (because some didn't) that she had a right to do what she had to do after he refused to marry her when she came up pregnant.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Once he refused to marry her, her decision became none of his business
    I would say that this is false because if she kept the child he would be financially responsible for that child,therefore making it his business.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The problem is, these are decisions that ought to be discussed and made long before the situation ever comes up. If they cannot come to a decision, then the actions that may lead to that decision should never be taken in the first place.

    Of course, that requires rational, reasonable people and we all know how hard those are to come by these days.
    And then, of course, you have couples who have that discussion thinking they know...but when the situation arises the script gets flipped. Life's a bitch
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #18
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    That discussion does not belong in this thread. This thread is to ask if people felt (because some didn't) that she had a right to do what she had to do after he refused to marry her when she came up pregnant.
    She had a right to do it regardless, it's her body, as I said in my initial comment. His refusal to marry her, or his acceptance of his responsibility in marrying her, has nothing to do with her decision.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I would say that this is false because if she kept the child he would be financially responsible for that child,therefore making it his business.
    Nope. He chose not to marry her, thereby signing up for either a) her terminating the pregnancy, or b) at least 18 years of child support payments. As I stated previously, this is the first time I've heard of a guy having a tantrum because she DID terminate (whether by miscarriage or abortion is not actually known, nor do I want to know. He's already gone waaaay over the line sharing her personal business with anybody possible).

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Poll based on two other threads re: Billboard Dude

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    And then, of course, you have couples who have that discussion thinking they know...but when the situation arises the script gets flipped. Life's a bitch
    example from my life...

    I wanted 2 kids... wife always agreed, two kids. marriage started going to Hell, and after one of those 'we don't love each other anymore, but lets **** anyway' nights, baby #3 is on the way.

    We had always discussed and agreed 2 kids, but her efforts to 'save the marriage' changed that for her. Did not save the marriage.

    This is just to illustrate that even with 'discussing' plans for families before hand, things can change for one or the other of those involved.

    (BTW, my youngest is the bright spot in my life )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •