View Poll Results: Is hatred wrong?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 18.87%
  • No

    20 37.74%
  • Not sure

    1 1.89%
  • Depends

    22 41.51%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 131

Thread: Is Hatred wrong?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    I want to create a world that doesn't create things like me. I want to make people better so that they will disgust me less.
    I simply wish to kill all humans.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #72
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    If he takes his finger off the stove, he feels nothing.

    After the intensity of feeling your flesh burn for who knows how long, what would truly make you feel after that?

    And the healing of the burn is even worse than the burning itself.
    Let's reexamine this, shall we?

  3. #73
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Let's reexamine this, shall we?
    Numbness, after stimuli is removed. The tissue realizes it is no longer under attack. This may take minutes, hours, or even days.

    Then the healing begins. And the healing of burns is far and away the most painful.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Numbness, after stimuli is removed. The tissue realizes it is no longer under attack. This may take minutes, hours, or even days.

    Then the healing begins. And the healing of burns is far and away the most painful.
    If you like to be burned, burn yourself. If you don't like to be burned, take your finger off the stove.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    I use hatred as fuel to burn, in order to achieve goals.

    Is that wrong or unsafe?

  6. #76
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I use hatred as fuel to burn, in order to achieve goals.

    Is that wrong or unsafe?
    Wrong? Depends on what you did. Unsafe? I certainly wouldn't trust it.

    Passion and hatred are different, though.

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Depends on the situation. I hate onions. There's nothing morally wrong with that.
    Onions are awesome. Beans however are disgusting and earn my hate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Many instances everywhere.


    How do you know when some one is building a strawman? Just look at the quoted post here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    If hatred is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Hatred wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post


    How do you know when some one is building a strawman? Just look at the quoted post here.
    Are you asking me to post such quotes from debatepolitics alone that if something is harmless it is undoubtedly not wrong?

    I would think my thread on homosexuality shows that people make that point. My other thread on incest contained some like claims. Perhaps you want me to post a "If harmless it's not wrong" thread?

    I don't appreciate you saying I'm using a strawman.

    I am and will back myself up.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •