View Poll Results: Is cyber sex/sexting cheating

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    47 63.51%
  • No

    8 10.81%
  • Don't know

    3 4.05%
  • Not sure

    16 21.62%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

  1. #91
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually my argument, if you read the thread, is that it is up to each couple to decide what constitutes cheating and what doesn't. Ain't my place to tell others how to live their lives. You would know this if you read the thread.
    Okay, I'll concede to your argument for the moment.

    But I ask you...what percentage of couple today have what is termed as an "open relationship"? And how many of those couple terminate their relationship because eventually that type of relationship fails?

    Providing sources would be helpful if you answer.

  2. #92
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is all assumptions. You have completely and entirely failed to end this thread, and made no reasoned arguments to support your position. I don't agree with other people's positions here, but at least they managed to support them. Everything you have posted here has been assumptions based on what you want to be true, and your declaration that you thought should end the thread because you made it.

    Hint: what Weiner says in public may not be the same as he says in private. Oops, there goes your argument.




    Really? This is what you are passing off as an argument?



    So why the dog and pony show. What's the end game if he's lyng to us about what his wife didn't know.


    And no, it's not based on assumptions, it's based on what Anthony weiner has STATED.


    Jeesh.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Might it have been a good point to make while running for office? "I am a firm believer in open marriages. My wife and I only got married for the tax breaks."

  4. #94
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Like Bill Clinton getting a BJ in the Oral office, Weiner being a weiner and posting his weiner (see...THIS is why the democrats should want him to step down) was not the crime. Slimey...scummy...but not the crime. The fact is though that he lied about it and then allowed aother individual to be blamed. He made an accusation and allegation that a crime had occured. So, like Bill lying under oath while on trial for sexual harassment of another person, its not the act...its the lie...the cover up...that always does them in.

  5. #95
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Might it have been a good point to make while running for office? "I am a firm believer in open marriages. My wife and I only got married for the tax breaks."
    I'm sure that would have gone over well.

    Seriously the way things have gotten, political vetting for appointments must now include a candidate's cyber history.

  6. #96
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Like Bill Clinton getting a BJ in the Oral office, Weiner being a weiner and posting his weiner (see...THIS is why the democrats should want him to step down) was not the crime. Slimey...scummy...but not the crime. The fact is though that he lied about it and then allowed aother individual to be blamed. He made an accusation and allegation that a crime had occured. So, like Bill lying under oath while on trial for sexual harassment of another person, its not the act...its the lie...the cover up...that always does them in.
    VMack...I pretty much agree with you, but Bill Clinton did try to save his ass by claiming that oral sex isn't really having sex. He like to think of it as "oral masturbation".

    But the following is really interesting...

    The survey involved 477 undergraduate students, mostly white heterosexual females, enrolled in a human sexuality class. The majority (98%) of participants was age 24 or younger; the average age was 20.7 years.

    The participants answered the following question:

    "Would you say you 'had sex' with someone if the most intimate behavior you engaged in was ..."

    • Penile-vaginal intercourse?
    • Penile-anal intercourse?
    • Oral contact with partner’s genitals?
    • Partner’s oral contact with your genitals?
    • Partner touches your genitals?
    • You touch partner’s genitals?
    • Oral contact with partner’s breasts/nipples?
    • You touch partner’s breasts/nipples?
    • Deep kissing?
    • Partner’s oral contact with your breasts/nipples?
    • Partner touches your breasts/nipples?

    Among the survey’s notable findings:

    • Only 20% of those surveyed said oral contact with their partner’s genitals would constitute sex. (or 80% don't believe that oral sex is having sex)


    • Less than 80% of participants considered penile-anal intercourse as sex.

    Males were much more likely than females to say sex included the following behaviors:

    • Their partner touched their genitals (13% vs. 7%).
    • Orally stimulating a partner’s breasts or nipples (9% vs. 4%).
    • Touching a partner’s breast or nipples (8% vs. 3%).
    Source: Most Young Adults: Oral Sex Is Not Sex - CBS News

  7. #97
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Okay, I'll concede to your argument for the moment.

    But I ask you...what percentage of couple today have what is termed as an "open relationship"? And how many of those couple terminate their relationship because eventually that type of relationship fails?

    Providing sources would be helpful if you answer.
    No clue and entirely irrelevant to my argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #98
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No clue and entirely irrelevant to my argument.
    Groovy....

  9. #99
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    If the boyfriend started secretly sexting with another girl we'd have a serious trust issue on our hands. I have no problem with him looking at porn, going to strip clubs, or even receiving a "happy ending" at a massage parlor. He's pretty free to receive extraneous "jollies". Hidden, secretive actions are unacceptable for me.
    This is what it boils down to IMO. It is the trust issue. If the relationship has enough trust (and is open enough) that online/texting flirtation is not a violation of that trust, and it was not something that was hidden because it overstepped the boundaries of the relationship, then no it is not cheating.

    If there is a betrayal of trust and an overstepping of boundaries (not others boundaries, but the distinct boundaries of the specific relationship), or a feeling of "I better hide this from my SO" then there are issues.

    So basically there is no black and white answer as others have said, it depends on the relationship, and is a matter of determination solely by the parties effected. Others projecting their views or their relationships to the situation is irrelevant.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #100
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Is cyber sex/sexting "cheating"

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    This is what it boils down to IMO. It is the trust issue. If the relationship has enough trust (and is open enough) that online/texting flirtation is not a violation of that trust, and it was not something that was hidden because it overstepped the boundaries of the relationship, then no it is not cheating.

    If there is a betrayal of trust and an overstepping of boundaries (not others boundaries, but the distinct boundaries of the specific relationship), or a feeling of "I better hide this from my SO" then there are issues.

    So basically there is no black and white answer as others have said, it depends on the relationship, and is a matter of determination solely by the parties effected. Others projecting their views or their relationships to the situation is irrelevant.
    That's fine in theory between the couple in question. I'd like to hear from anyone who has such an agreement in place with their spouse.

    What rules are in place for dealing with the third party? Are they given all the facts about the marriage? If it goes beyond flirting, for them, what mechanism is in place to protect them from emotional pain?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •