View Poll Results: Can Obama be Beat in 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 76.67%
  • No

    7 23.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

  1. #41
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,467
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Simple question. Some are saying Obama's a shoe-in to get re-elected next year. What do you all think, is Obama an unbeatable juggernaut or not?
    Like a drum.

    From the architect of "It's the economy stupid":

    This unemployment rate, for this long, is a humanitarian crisis of the first magnitude.
    This is a terrible thing that's happened to people's lives
    .
    James Carville

    I don't think he'd win his party's nomination if someone with half a brain ran against him... and Lee Atwater Carville was an advisor to the challenger.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-07-11 at 03:25 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #42
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Like a drum.

    From the architect of "It's the economy stupid":

    This unemployment rate, for this long, is a humanitarian crisis of the first magnitude.
    This is a terrible thing that's happened to people's lives
    .
    James Carville

    I don't think he'd win his party's nomination if someone with half a brain ran against him... and Lee Atwater Carville was an advisor to the challenger.

    .
    Right, that 85% approval rating he has with Democrats sure is a burden.

  3. #43
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To get a viable third party candidate, you would need a third party that is inline with what a significant proportion of America believes in. Right now that is not the case.
    Actually, if you want to get a viable third party candidate, you would have to change electoral laws since plurality voting naturally causes a two-party system to come about.

    Duverger's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  4. #44
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    All of that may be true.

    However, the roughness of 2012 on Obama is mutually exclusive to the roughness of 2012 on the GOP candidate. Just like the coolness of Obama on college campuses is mutually exclusive to the coolness of GOP candidates on college campuses.

    If the GOP doesn't put up a candidate that is a good alternative (as opposed to a bad alternative) to Obama then Obama will still win.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #45
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,467
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Right, that 85% approval rating he has with Democrats sure is a burden.
    85% of 20% doesn't amount to much, and are factored into the electoral equation.

    What would be interesting... a challenge to Obama, and then watch what would happen. A challenger with half a brain would clean his clock. He has a record now, and it's nothing Oblamer can go to the bank on.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-07-11 at 05:47 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #46
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    All of that may be true.

    However, the roughness of 2012 on Obama is mutually exclusive to the roughness of 2012 on the GOP candidate. Just like the coolness of Obama on college campuses is mutually exclusive to the coolness of GOP candidates on college campuses.

    If the GOP doesn't put up a candidate that is a good alternative (as opposed to a bad alternative) to Obama then Obama will still win.
    no, because you are assuming they will vote. youth and minorities came out in record numbers to put Obama into the White House in 2012. With both of those groups seeing double-digit unemployment today, a repeat of such a turnout is unlikely at best. Republicans will gain few young voters, but Obama will lose many.

    All the GOP need put up at this point is an "acceptable" alternative.

  7. #47
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    85% of 20% doesn't amount to much, and are factored into the electoral equation.

    What would be interesting... a challenge to Obama, and then watch what would happen. A challenger with half a brain would clean his clock. He has a record now, and it's nothing Oblamer can go to the bank on.

    .
    lol...where are you getting your numbers from?

    Wouldn't matter if you're right anyway; Democrats are the primary voters in a Democratic primary. So 85% approval amongst Democrats is pretty untouchable.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    If Sarah Palin or a tea partier is nominated, yes
    If a moderate Republican is nominated, then he'll may or may not be beat, will be close
    If anything was learned from Nov. 2, 2010--The Largest Political Ass Whooping in History.......the extreme right (Like our Forefathers) represents the path to victory.

    If anything was learned from the 2008 Elections........a "moderate"-"lets work together" middle or left of the road Republican..........is the sure way to defeat.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  9. #49
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,467
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    lol...where are you getting your numbers from?

    Wouldn't matter if you're right anyway; Democrats are the primary voters in a Democratic primary. So 85% approval amongst Democrats is pretty untouchable.
    Carville exposed Obama's huge vulnerability. 9.1% unemployment after he got his Waste-u-lus passed.
    Given the choice of a deeply damaged candidate and someone with a hope, that 85% number would melt like ice on hot asphalt.

    It's the stupid economy stupid could be the grassroots slogan for 2012.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #50
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Can Obama be Beat in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Carville exposed Obama's huge vulnerability. 9.1% unemployment after he got his Waste-u-lus passed.
    Given the choice of a deeply damaged candidate and someone with a hope, that 85% number would melt like ice on hot asphalt.

    It's the stupid economy stupid could be the grassroots slogan for 2012.

    .
    all that, and you are still without a republican candidate who could beat Obama in '12
    that's gotta suck for your side
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •