View Poll Results: Should drug tests be required to get welfare benefits?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 66.67%
  • No

    21 33.33%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 240

Thread: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They certainly have the right to apply to any job they want.

    An account can apply to be a heart surgeon. It doesn't mean he will get it.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Sorry I do feel people have a right sit at a lunch counter and be served. And I also feel people do have a right to a job that they can execute.
    A "right" to a job? Or "entitled" to a job?

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We made the decision to have this program, we acted in its creation and offering of it. Just because we made a government program does not mean we can then demand people to abdicate their rights because they choose to engage in it. The choice in the system was already made the minute we decided and acted upon the creation of a welfare state. The welfare state does not remove the restrictions placed upon government.
    What rights are being "abdicated" ? Is this a liberal thing, that once you start a government program, you can't change it ? Stuck with it forever ?

    You know, the more I think about it, you might be right. Democrats do seem to stick to stupid government forever.

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    A "right" to a job? Or "entitled" to a job?

    Is this a loaded question?

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Is this a loaded question?
    No. Its a question designed to determine what you mean.
    Please feel free to respond.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    What rights are being "abdicated" ?
    4th amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Is this a liberal thing, that once you start a government program, you can't change it ? Stuck with it forever ?
    No, any program can be augmented or destroyed. In fact I do think that tessaesque did have a good and proper solution as to how funds are handed out that would solve the problem more elequently than pissing (no pun intended) on privacy rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You know, the more I think about it, you might be right. Democrats do seem to stick to stupid government forever.
    Don't kid yourself, both the Republicans and Deomcrats stick to stupid government.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #217
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    An account can apply to be a heart surgeon. It doesn't mean he will get it.
    Certainly doesn't, but he's more than free to apply for it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    No. Its a question designed to determine what you mean.
    Please feel free to respond.

    These words "entitlement" and "right" have to many interchanges for me to answer your question with out understanding more about what you mean by the two.

    In one respect I do think people have a right to a job and are entitled to a job so long as it is earned.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    These words "entitlement" and "right" have to many interchanges for me to answer your question with out understanding more about what you mean by the two.
    A right is a freedom you may exercise so long as you have the means to do so and that exercise does not run afoul of anyone else.
    An entitlemeent is a benefit given to you, in accordance with the law, because, by law, you qualify for that benefit.

  10. #220
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    A right is a freedom you may exercise so long as you have the means to do so and that exercise does not run afoul of anyone else.
    An entitlemeent is a benefit given to you, in accordance with the law, because, by law, you qualify for that benefit.
    So what about the handicapped and those less fortunate?? Do conservatives ever consider them when discussing rights??

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •