View Poll Results: Should drug tests be required to get welfare benefits?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 66.67%
  • No

    21 33.33%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 240

Thread: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No because drug tests can falsely show a positive.
    Life is a bitch, isn't it?

    The solution to that is that anyone showing a positive volunteers to have their persons, their car, and their home searched with drug doggies, and submit another sample. On the condition that all evidence of criminal behavior collected thereby will be turned over to the proper authorities.

  2. #112
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    This is an interesting argument. On one side, a lot of liberals are forgetting what this law saws - if the user is denied, he may not receive the benefits, BUT, he may designate someone else to receive the benefits if it is for his children. Those on the left who argue this hurts taxpayer money are also wrong, because the cost of the test is charged to the person applying for the benefits. That I sort of have a problem with. I mean if this is a genuine poor person in need of benefits, why are we making them pay for a test? But then again, how else can it be done without hurting taxpayer money? Really no other way.

    Whether this helps with personal responsibility and drug use is hard to say. We will have to see what this Florida law results in. Whether or not it is constitutional is also hard to say - this will ultimately be decided by the Supreme court I'm sure.

  3. #113
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    If the American Worker is subject to drug tests.....and the Democrat Provided Social Teet is funded via theft from said worker......

    .......shouldnt the recipients of the fruits of another's labor be subject to the same test?



    It must NOT be a reward either........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    The reason your comments are stupid.. You are simply not considering how many christian republicans are on welfare with their 5 and 6 kids.. Like my brother in law.. Who has 6 kids, Christian, republican and on welfare.. You just assume that most people on welfare are democrats.. Which is why your comment is stupid.. No.. My brother in law does not do drugs..

    There is no justifying this law.. It is stupid and a waste of tax payer money..

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    The reason your comments are stupid.. You are simply not considering how many christian republicans are on welfare with their 5 and 6 kids.. Like my brother in law.. Who has 6 kids, Christian, republican and on welfare.. You just assume that most people on welfare are democrats.. Which is why your comment is stupid.. No.. My brother in law does not do drugs..

    There is no justifying this law.. It is stupid and a waste of tax payer money..
    If the Christian Republican is also taking drugs, he can and should be refused access to taxpayer dollars as well.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    This is an interesting argument. On one side, a lot of liberals are forgetting what this law saws - if the user is denied, he may not receive the benefits, BUT, he may designate someone else to receive the benefits if it is for his children. Those on the left who argue this hurts taxpayer money are also wrong, because the cost of the test is charged to the person applying for the benefits. That I sort of have a problem with. I mean if this is a genuine poor person in need of benefits, why are we making them pay for a test? But then again, how else can it be done without hurting taxpayer money? Really no other way.

    Whether this helps with personal responsibility and drug use is hard to say. We will have to see what this Florida law results in. Whether or not it is constitutional is also hard to say - this will ultimately be decided by the Supreme court I'm sure.
    Ahh... I can't see how it beats giving away taxpayer money to people who have done nothing to earn it as far as constitutionality.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    The reason your comments are stupid.. You are simply not considering how many christian republicans are on welfare with their 5 and 6 kids.. Like my brother in law.. Who has 6 kids, Christian, republican and on welfare.. You just assume that most people on welfare are democrats.. Which is why your comment is stupid.. No.. My brother in law does not do drugs..

    There is no justifying this law.. It is stupid and a waste of tax payer money..
    Ummm....

    Since when does "American Worker" = "Christian Republican"

    ?!?!?!?!?!

    Im very confused.....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #117
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I didn't say it was unreasonable..
    yes you did

    Even if you ignore the questionable use of government force against the individual's right to secure their person from unreasonable search
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Life is a bitch, isn't it?

    The solution to that is that anyone showing a positive volunteers to have their persons, their car, and their home searched with drug doggies, and submit another sample. On the condition that all evidence of criminal behavior collected thereby will be turned over to the proper authorities.
    So you really are just all about ****ing over the 4th amendment. Sick
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #119
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yes you did
    That's called the fourth amendment. A person has the right to secure their person, effects, and property from unreasonable search, Ignoring then the questionable use of government force against the individual's right to secure their person from unreasonable search; there are still significant worries with the policy.

    Yes, I used the word unreasonable. Not in the way you want to portray, but yes the word was present.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #120
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Should Drug Tests Be Required to Get Welfare Benefits?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    How large is this fraction?
    |______________________________________________| <------ That large
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •