View Poll Results: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 19.51%
  • No

    33 80.49%
  • Other/Explain

    0 0%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 210

Thread: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Why not stop all this filling out multiple applications nonsense, online here, offline there! It makes no sense at all with today's technology. We are filling out the same info over an over. We have a thing call a computer now! It's easy enough to fill out once now and let the government tax info keep our work history updated. Anything immediately current can be stated in an interview. Each employment office would be able to send an employer a copy upon request of the applicant. One button at an employer's website will be the whole application process. Why drive a four thousand lb automobile to fill it out when a computer can deliver it for a fraction of the cost at the speed of light? As long as everyone accommodates those unable to use a computer for some reason, this should be the way we do things. We have an economic crisis here, we do not have the luxury to do things stupid any more, everybody needs to get on board with this.

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSandeno View Post
    There are libraries that have the internet. There are schools that have the internet. There are people you know that have the internet.
    That is what is avalable to YOU.
    Libraries also have time limits and hours of operation and you have to get to them and some have fees. Not all schools allow access and also have time limits and if you dont have access maybe you dont have friends that do.

    A few people keep saying this stuff but I think it supports me, why should a person have to do all that and if its so easy how many paper apps are they gonna have to handle, 12 a year? Im sure the company will be alright and wont suffer. lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSandeno View Post
    So then you really aren't a fan of the whole resume/interview process whatsoever?
    How did you come to make that fallacy up? resume/interview is NEEDED, internet access is not, but like I said IF internet access was needed to perform the job then id have no problem with it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #44
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    If a person has a disability, say they are blind as an example, and the online forms are not accessible then yes there is likely discrimination.
    Disabled persons have many assistance programs and electrical devices to aid them. This is not an example if a civil rights abuse.

    Trying to pick the most extreme cases will not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Sounds like a good way to help weed out the stupid and lazy.

    .

  6. #46
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    That is what is avalable to YOU.
    Libraries also have time limits and hours of operation and you have to get to them and some have fees. Not all schools allow access and also have time limits and if you dont have access maybe you dont have friends that do.

    A few people keep saying this stuff but I think it supports me, why should a person have to do all that and if its so easy how many paper apps are they gonna have to handle, 12 a year? Im sure the company will be alright and wont suffer. lol
    You keep ignoring the unemployment office. If they are unemployed and looking for work, getting there should not be an issue.

    And so far you have presented little to show it is a civil rights abuse.

    Being poor is not a race, handicap or disability; it is not something out of your control like the others I mentioned. So unless any of you can show that being poor is something out of their control, their is no civil rights abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #47
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    no more then requiring a resume. I mean, what about all the poor souls that don't have access to a computer or typewriter

  8. #48
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Internet access if available for free at public libraries and cyber cafes. E-mail is available on almost all cell phones (even the base models). If they cannot access these facilities I would question their ability to access their place of employment. The government even offers cell phones to low-income/welfare recipient households in many areas.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #49
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You keep ignoring the unemployment office. If they are unemployed and looking for work, getting there should not be an issue.

    And so far you have presented little to show it is a civil rights abuse.

    Being poor is not a race, handicap or disability; it is not something out of your control like the others I mentioned. So unless any of you can show that being poor is something out of their control, their is no civil rights abuse.
    I didnt ignore, it doesnt change anything. Who cares, way do they have to be unemployed maybe the work already but want to switch, make more money etc? LOL

    I said earlier that pushing civil lawsuit to the end may be hard but it is definitely discrimination in a way an a unfair practice. Like I said at the end of the day I cant think of a logical reason for a job to require you to have access to something you don't need to perform the job thats just silly and something I would always side with the applicant.

    Maybe Im over looking something? are there other examples where this goes on?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #50
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    If a person has a disability, say they are blind as an example, and the online forms are not accessible then yes there is likely discrimination.
    Computer software and equipment is available for the blind. Most often, it can be acquired at no cost.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •