View Poll Results: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 19.51%
  • No

    33 80.49%
  • Other/Explain

    0 0%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 210

Thread: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

  1. #171
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    The other 67% is trying to find a computer.

    .
    THIS was actually funny lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #172
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    No matter what you are trying to twist this into the fact rmains my argment has always been about internet access, always and you cant change that 100% FACT. I said repeatedily that I company shoudnt deny any the chance at employment based on them not having something that is not required to perform the job at hand. These facts will not change
    OK so you are going to ignore your statements about everything else because this is about internet apps.

    No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    If you say so but some people do not have on line access and in my opinion that makes it discrimination and unfair. I see no logic to change that opinion. But i have asked reapatedly for other exampls and said I would change my mind if I am missing something.

    LMAO @ waste money for a very view apps.
    And those people can go to places that offer online access.
    There are so many, that it makes your claim of discrimination idiotic and empty.

    Yes, it is a waste of time and money, especially when the primary process is through online acceptance.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #174
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK so you are going to ignore your statements about everything else because this is about internet apps.

    No problem.
    nope not at all, its alwasy been about that. ALWAYS and you trying to take anything out of content is a fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #175
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    nope not at all, its alwasy been about that. ALWAYS and you trying to take anything out of content is a fail
    Have a good night bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #176
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    And those people can go to places that offer online access.
    There are so many, that it makes your claim of discrimination idiotic and empty.

    Yes, it is a waste of time and money, especially when the primary process is through online acceptance.
    Sorry thats only your opinion based of your access and what you think it is but the fact still remains all do not have it.

    and no its not a real wast of money my company does it and its a non-impact.
    We do on line apps, we also accept hard copies (very few maybe one-two a month, MOST are done on line) and we also have a "community computer" where people can choose to do the app on line and do resume work.

    None impact, and we did it so we didnt leave anybody out and discriminate and everybody has a change at employment.

    Not sure what the couple of you think Im arguing for but all Im saying is there should be no problem with companies taking hard copies also since everybody doesnt have access.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #177
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Have a good night bud.
    Always do, you do the same LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #178
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    So that settles it - there's no excuse not to have access to the net if it's necessary.

    Library, cafe, borrowing access, blackberry and cellphone.

    And for those without any of that - there are countless programs available that help needy and underprivileged gain online knowledge and access, do job related research, educate theirselves with new skills and type of resumes.

    With all of this access and growing support forthose who don't have ti in their homes it really only leave speople who just don't care.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #179
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Again I agree 100%

    to bad accepting hard-copy resumes/apps doesn't seem like "catering" at all but common sense.
    Apparently to those businesses it is NOT common sense. But of course when you are hiring your employees you can hire anyone...hell...take them with crayon drawings and stick figures.

  10. #180
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    So that settles it - there's no excuse not to have access to the net if it's necessary.

    Library, cafe, borrowing access, blackberry and cellphone.

    And for those without any of that - there are countless programs available that help needy and underprivileged gain online knowledge and access, do job related research, educate theirselves with new skills and type of resumes.

    With all of this access and growing support forthose who don't have ti in their homes it really only leave speople who just don't care.
    How do you figure its settle when the fact remains not all people have access lol

    blackberries and cell phones???? LOL are you kidding me?

    Its simply not true to say its only people that dont care.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •