View Poll Results: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 19.51%
  • No

    33 80.49%
  • Other/Explain

    0 0%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 210

Thread: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Do you feel that places who only take job applications Online is a Violation of Civil Rights?

    I feel this is a violation of equal employment opportunity due to the fact that not everyone has a computer at home to be able to apply.
    Most libraries have access, and most people have friends, family or loved ones who would happily share their computer to help somebody get back to work.

  2. #152
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? there you go being knee-jerk AGAIN Im talking about internet access and have been the whole time LMAO not writing?
    Oh really?

    I think its discrimination and unfair because why should a job require something of you that is not needed to perform the job. - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059538642
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #153
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    WOW I stopped reading after the first line since you AGAIN brought up something I didnt say LMAO Oh well typical
    I know, because you have no argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #154
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I sincerely hope that your data entry skills on the 'net are significantly less polished than they are at work, where 33% of your job requires them. Your posts have been awfully hard to comprehend through the grammatical assault and spelling errors. Perhaps that is the exact reason why they're requiring online applications. Perhaps they're trying to weed out those without an attention to detail or a basic grasp of communication. Even if computer use isn't necessary on the job, communication skills almost assuredly are.
    why would I worry about things like that on a message board, nice deflect though. 99% of the time I dont use punctuation etc nor do I care too and it only ever comes up when someone wants to deflect? hmmmm go figure.

    and yes 33% of my job is data entry I work in production and manufacturing, i have a degree in electronic engineering and am responsible for QC/QA.

    typically while im on here im watching tv, texting and surfing the web so quite often I have bore grammar and horrendous typos dont care nor does it really matter
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #155
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I know, because you have no argument.
    nope you just fasley accuessed me again and are arguing something i didnt claim, its your typical MO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #156
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? there you go being knee-jerk AGAIN Im talking about internet access and have been the whole time LMAO not writing?
    Your entire position on this is wholly stupid.

    There are multiple avenues for a person to send in an online application, to even put in a hard copy, you'd have to use a computer to write it or the company would have to waste money to appeal to a very narrow group of applicants.

    It doesn't make any sense.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #157
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    why would I worry about things like that on a message board, nice deflect though. 99% of the time I dont use punctuation etc nor do I care too and it only ever comes up when someone wants to deflect? hmmmm go figure.

    and yes 33% of my job is data entry I work in production and manufacturing, i have a degree in electronic engineering and am responsible for QC/QA.

    typically while im on here im watching tv, texting and surfing the web so quite often I have bore grammar and horrendous typos dont care nor does it really matter
    you're right, it only matters if you want people to understand what you're saying. And that has apparently been a problem for you in this thread, as your constant "lol, thats not what i said" comments would indicate.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #158
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I sincerely hope that your data entry skills on the 'net are significantly less polished than they are at work, where 33% of your job requires them. Your posts have been awfully hard to comprehend through the grammatical assault and spelling errors. Perhaps that is the exact reason why they're requiring online applications. Perhaps they're trying to weed out those without an attention to detail or a basic grasp of communication. Even if computer use isn't necessary on the job, communication skills almost assuredly are.
    The other 67% is trying to find a computer.

    .

  9. #159
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Oh really?

    I think its discrimination and unfair because why should a job require something of you that is not needed to perform the job. - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059538642
    yes 100% really

    it has always been about ONLINE apps and it shouldnt be needed hard copies should be accepted LMAO wow????
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #160
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    nope you just fasley accuessed me again and are arguing something i didnt claim, its your typical MO
    Don't want to go off topic but this post says different...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059538956
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •