View Poll Results: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 19.51%
  • No

    33 80.49%
  • Other/Explain

    0 0%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 210

Thread: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

  1. #141
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    ALright here we go, in not going to let people deflect and try to hijack what "i" said and play into their emotional hands.

    Here is my opinion on this.

    I have already stated I dont think civil rights could be won on this. I do however do not think its right because of the simple following reason. I think its discrimination and unfair because why should a job require something of you that is not needed to perform the job.

    Logically it doesnt make sense to deny a person a chance of employment based something that isnt needed to perform the job at hand.

    What am I missing, are there other examples of this? Wheres the logic based on common sense not civil rights.
    I'll counter: In our technologically advancing world computer literacy and access is becoming more prevalent and more employers expect and require all of their staff to have access in some way.

    But in actuality it's suppose to be a time-saver for the human-resources department and it's suppose to make the process streamlined and more efficient. Which defeats the entire purpose of hiring applicants, anyway.

    I find this whole new obcession and reliance on tech to be annoying, though - at several places I frequent I have to sign in on a computer when I show up instead of taking a number from a ticker or adding my name ot a registry . . . at one such place you sign in on the computer and then a specialized printer prints off a numbered ticket. Is that waste of money for that technology really worth it? I don't see how. . . and after receving a high tech printoff of a number the oversized LCD TV's will scroll the 'now servicing' number across the screen.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 06-03-11 at 10:58 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #142
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I'll counter: In our technologically advancing world computer literacy and access is becoming more prevalent and more employers expect and require all of their staff to have access in some way.

    But in actuality it's suppose to be a time-saver for the human-resources department and it's suppose to make the process streamlined and more efficient. Which defeats the entire purpose of hiring applicants, anyway.
    Well in my opinion they shouldn't expect anything that isnt required to perform the job. Now you said expect and require. If internet access is required to perform at the job than I have no problem with it but if it isnt then it should be "expected"

    As far as streamlining Im fine with that, as i mention earlier my company did the same and it worked but we still take the few hard-copy apps and they get entered and hard copy resumes get scanned. We also have computers on site if the applicant has the time to enter the info themselves.

    We did this not to unfairly deny anybody the chance at employment.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #143
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Well in my opinion they shouldn't expect anything that isnt required to perform the job. Now you said expect and require. If internet access is required to perform at the job than I have no problem with it but if it isnt then it should be "expected"

    As far as streamlining Im fine with that, as i mention earlier my company did the same and it worked but we still take the few hard-copy apps and they get entered and hard copy resumes get scanned. We also have computers on site if the applicant has the time to enter the info themselves.

    We did this not to unfairly deny anybody the chance at employment.
    Why would you assume that online-access isn't expected on the job?

    A lot of employers prefer email as communication - blackberries and all sorts of other things. Heck - my husband was assigned a blackberry and he's in the freaking army.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #144
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    100% false and nothing more than you opinion. attempts to insult now since you have nothing of substance. Data entry is atleast 33% of my job and Im a supervisor. Sorry totally aware and nothing you sad changes the facts it be a none issue since its just an app, youd already have somebody doing HR and lets not forget the ultimate argument, the numbers would be VERY VERY low because just about EVERYBODY can get computer access so man that hr dept would be swamped doing what one app a month? a week? LMAO
    Guess that would make you a clerk/supervisor or would that be a supervisor/clerk.


    every company needs somebody to do HR
    Really. let's see your proof.

    and if they are taking on sooooo many on line apps Im sure theres probably TWO people at least for HR not to mention again since the numbers would be sooooo minunmum why do you neeed one person dedicated to this and this only? LOL
    Who said anything about the number of on-line apps?

    Wrong again Adobe professional is EASILY capable of scanning and doing this sometime you dont even have to convert the image, and a lot of data mining software is capable also
    Like I said, don't know much about this subject, do ya? Trying to use text recognition on a handwritten application filled out by someone too stupid or lazy to figure out how to get access to a computer would be a fools errand.... on second thought, it is probably something you could dive right into.

    More attacks since you got nothing else this really shows your hand
    and I said you were wrong with you assumptions and you still are
    not to mention this a bunch of off topic stuff that is meaningless
    Better get back to your data entry, sweetie.

    .

  5. #145
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    personal attacks? where?!?!?!?! LMAO
    No you made up you OWN argument as you just said you werent addressing me you were addressing the OP eventhough Im saying something different. Thanks glad you admit it.
    No, your argument makes no sense. It is not in any way discrimination or a civil rights violation...


    an act or instance of discriminating.

    2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

    3. the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.
    - Discrimination | Define Discrimination at Dictionary.com

    So no it's not. The company's are not discriminating against anyone.

    I am not saying you said it is a civil rights violation as you said you are not saying that. I am saying other than that your opinion is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #146
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Guess that would make you a clerk/supervisor or would that be a supervisor/clerk.


    Really. let's see your proof.

    Who said anything about the number of on-line apps?

    Like I said, don't know much about this subject, do ya? Trying to use text recognition on a handwritten application filled out by someone too stupid or lazy to figure out how to get access to a computer would be a fools errand.... on second thought, it is probably something you could dive right into.

    Better get back to your data entry, sweetie.

    .
    translation you got nothing and just proved it, thats what I thougt LMAO, now get the egg off your face and read post 138 or continue to look foolish either way your exposed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #147
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    ALright here we go, in not going to let people deflect and try to hijack what "i" said and play into their emotional hands.

    Here is my opinion on this.

    I have already stated I dont think civil rights could be won on this. I do however do not think its right because of the simple following reason. I think its discrimination and unfair because why should a job require something of you that is not needed to perform the job.

    Logically it doesnt make sense to deny a person a chance of employment based something that isnt needed to perform the job at hand.

    What am I missing, are there other examples of this? Wheres the logic based on common sense not civil rights.
    If you are not going to do any writing, why fill out an application?

    This argument of yours is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No, your argument makes no sense. It is not in any way discrimination or a civil rights violation...


    an act or instance of discriminating.

    2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

    3. the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.
    - Discrimination | Define Discrimination at Dictionary.com

    So no it's not. The company's are not discriminating against anyone.

    I am not saying you said it is a civil rights violation as you said you are not saying that. I am saying other than that your opinion is wrong.
    WOW I stopped reading after the first line since you AGAIN brought up something I didnt say LMAO Oh well typical
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #149
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    translation you got nothing and just proved it, thats what I thougt LMAO, now get the egg off your face and read post 138 or continue to look foolish either way your exposed.
    I sincerely hope that your data entry skills on the 'net are significantly less polished than they are at work, where 33% of your job requires them. Your posts have been awfully hard to comprehend through the grammatical assault and spelling errors. Perhaps that is the exact reason why they're requiring online applications. Perhaps they're trying to weed out those without an attention to detail or a basic grasp of communication. Even if computer use isn't necessary on the job, communication skills almost assuredly are.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #150
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: You Must Apply Online: Is This a Violation of Civil Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If you are not going to do any writing, why fill out an application?

    This argument of yours is silly.
    What the heck are you talking about? there you go being knee-jerk AGAIN Im talking about internet access and have been the whole time LMAO not writing?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •