View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 77 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #761
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i did not.
    BS... you're going to play this game again, and with CT and me... at the same time, and on the same thread? Everything you said amounts to a joke.

  2. #762
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    kinda like you ignored me when I called you on your hypocrisy?
    When did you do that?

    I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-31-11 at 02:24 PM.

  3. #763
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i love when people say, oh that could never happen.
    Send me a note when your state passes a law that allows you to marry your pet rock or hamster...with consent.

  4. #764
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree, but people or pollsters do it all the time + or - 3% lol. My personal polL may not be as accurate, but it also does not mean it is not correct.

    My Pole has been corrected.
    As in not as accurate means not as correct. To convince we need more. it would be perfectly reasonable for you to give a personal example, and then match it to a study that supports it. But without such a study, it is meaningless.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #765
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As in not as accurate means not as correct.
    We are talking about polls. None of which are 100%. So no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    To convince we need more. it would be perfectly reasonable for you to give a personal example, and then match it to a study that supports it. But without such a study, it is meaningless.
    I did that and it was still dismissed.

    So without a level of intellectual honesty not found in this debate, that will not happen.

    PS: Don't care if they are convinced or not.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-31-11 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The law says consent is necessary.
    That's why minors can't enter contracts. They are legally unable to give consent.

  7. #767
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    When did you do that?

    I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
    I have done it as well. So have many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    its not immoral to oppose an immoral act.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    But SSM isn't about acts. Did you get married so you could get laid without it being a sin?
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    marriage is an act.
    I refuse to accept your goal post movement.

  9. #769
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    But SSM isn't about acts. Did you get married so you could get laid without it being a sin?
    Yes. That is exactly why I and my wife got married. I mean other reasons as well, but that was a big one. No pun intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #770
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    When did you do that?

    I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

    Originally Posted by CriticalThought
    I disagree. If you support it then you do ask for it.
    then you are wrong. you just had two people tell you they support it but aren't asking for it. what makes you think you know more about how we feel than we do ourselves? very arrogant of you
    Originally Posted by CriticalThought
    Idiotic remarks. I don't care if you support gay rights or not, when you come into a thread and distort my arguments then you are going to hear about it! I asked you a simple question about how abortion was comparable to gay marriage and you went off on some tangent about equal rights because you knew it was an illogical comparison to make. Be a man and admit when you are wrong!
    but it is perfectly OK for you to distort mine and tell me how I feel and what I think?
    for example....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •