View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 73 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #721
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Within the definition of marriage, they do have the same rights I do.
    LEGAL definition. How marriage has been defined has changed over time. Regardless, excellent qualifier. So you admit that under the current law, gays DO NOT have the same rights as you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #722
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    I'd like to know how Mac gets the authority and superior knowledge and insight to be able to deem weather or not people are "worthy" of equal rights...

  3. #723
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So there's no gender discrimination when it comes to toast marriage. wonderful.
    My toast is all soggy, thanks to my heartbroken toaster. I blame this lot.

  4. #724
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You can't marry her if she's your sister, or your mother....you can't marry "her" if he's your first cousin. My point is that there are a multitude of situations where civil unions would be beneficial, not just for homosexual unions.
    Irrelevant. You can't do these things, regardless. Your slippery slope logical fallacy has no validity, mac.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #725
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I'd like to know how Mac gets the authority and superior knowledge and insight to be able to deem weather or not people are "worthy" of equal rights...
    It probably the same supreme power he gets to bypass logic and argue that the "naturalness" of something has anything to do with its morality.

  6. #726
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It probably the same supreme power he gets to bypass logic and argue that the "naturalness" of something has anything to do with its morality.
    I think his position is pretty freaking immoral... Not only is he discriminately choosing who is "unworthy," but he kind of lost all his principles in the process. He flips and then says, well there is an exception... and every exception in his principles leads to disallowing one group in society to be equal... and that is immoral. It's blatant discrimination, and he abandons principle to permit it.

  7. #727
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    LEGAL definition. How marriage has been defined has changed over time. Regardless, excellent qualifier. So you admit that under the current law, gays DO NOT have the same rights as you.
    no. they have equal ability to marry within the legal definition of marriage....outside the legal definition...they have the right to marry without legal protections.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #728
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I'd like to know how Mac gets the authority and superior knowledge and insight to be able to deem weather or not people are "worthy" of equal rights...
    no more authority than you do.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #729
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Because they can't consent. Too easy.
    so?

    ........
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #730
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think his position is pretty freaking immoral... Not only is he discriminately choosing who is "unworthy," but he kind of lost all his principles in the process. He flips and then says, well there is an exception... and every exception in his principles leads to disallowing one group in society to be equal... and that is immoral. It's blatant discrimination, and he abandons principle to permit it.
    What I find immoral are the lies. He accuses me of the very logical fallacies that he commits. Then when I point out that they are his own, he argues that logic itself is irrelevant. He just hates to admit the simple fact that he bases his entire argument on an emotional appeal to his religious beliefs. He then uses appeals to the majority, tradition, nature, etc. to rationalize to himself his choice to discriminate against others. You don't need to be Freud to recognize the cognitive dissonance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •