View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 72 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #711
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Why doesn't that apply to gay and lesbian people?
    Things that make us go 'huh'.

  2. #712
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Moderator's Warning:
    SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?It's a contentious topic, but let's keep it civil and non-abrasive.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  3. #713
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Why doesn't that apply to gay and lesbian people?
    so says it doesn't? my question is why doesn't it apply to a human fetus with the same human DNA as a gay person
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #714
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Things that make us go 'huh'.
    yeah, only if you haven't been actually reading my posts. I've said at least 2-3 times in this thread alone that I support gay rights.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So? Why can't we change the concept of marriage to include innanimate objects?
    Because they can't consent. Too easy.

  6. #716
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How is it a dodge? That which we are not born with but is deemed worthy of protection gets specific protection in the Constitution. That's how it works.
    Ok, so now you're back pedaling.... You don't think homosexuals should have equal rights, because you don't think they are deemed worthy enough of affording rights too.

    Then you went on and compared gay and lesbians to a damn toaster oven... If I said anything like this in the abortion forum to you, you know what you would say. That I think the unborn are not humans, subhuman, and that I was attacking their personhood. Well, I have never said the unborn are worthless, but you just said that homosexuals are. It's good to know how pro lifers like you discriminate against the personhood of living walking human beings, you deem unworthy of rights.

  7. #717
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So? Why can't we change the concept of marriage to include innanimate objects?
    because inanimate objects can't sign a marriage contract

  8. #718
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What you have said, and what I said you said, wa that you claim it to be natural for humans becuase it exists in nature. Do you deny this? In fact you even offered up a book to prove it. Do you deny it?
    I argued that it was natural, simply because you argued that it was unnatural. I never argued that it was right or wrong as a result of being natural. You are the one who took the position that it was wrong because you deemed it unnatural.

    Here in your own words...

    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    No, I see it as a choice. I also see Heterosexuality as natural, and homosexuality as unnatural and there is no evidence available to prove me wrong. Therefore, it's up to society as a whole what it will accept.
    Are you going to claim now that whether homosexuality is or is not defined as natural has no bearing on whether it is good or bad? You have even admitted that you believe it to be pertinent.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Again, sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't. To me, in this case...it's a factor in my stance.
    You have even gone so far as to invent your own definition of natural just to exclude homosexuality. Clearly you believe that to some degree, the "naturalness" of homosexuality dictates its morality.

    I'm still waiting for you to provide me with a quote of when I have argued that homosexuality is right just because it is natural. Either that or apologize.

  9. #719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Thank you, CT. I knew he said it, but I'll be damned if I could find it in the amount of time I alloted myself to go digging. Extraordinary search skill points have been awarded you.

  10. #720
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Neither can marry a toaster either.
    So there's no gender discrimination when it comes to toast marriage. wonderful.

    Within the definition of marriage, both are accorded equal rights. No discrimination.
    No, they're not. One gender can do something the other Gender can't do.

    That's not true, I'm saying that both sexs are equally allowed to engage in marriage as it is defined.
    Correct. And said definition is unconstitutional in my opinion because its discriminatory on gender by legally allowing men to do something women are incapable of doing and vise versa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •