View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 71 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Attendance at public schools was the same for both races. One race being denied access to a school was discrimination. Same education system, one was denied access one was not.

    That doesn't happen in marriage. If marriage is redefined as between two cognizant adults, and then someone is not allowed to engage, then you have descrimination.
    So the current law is semantics.

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't do what ifs.
    You did when you were talking about a toaster and apple trees with tax breaks.

  3. #703
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    It doesn't matter how they got there. It really doesn't. What matters is they are adults in America, who (God help them, for whatever reasons they) want to get married to their dearly beloved, who is of their same gender because that's who they are, and this is who they love. They can't marry. Therefore. They are being discriminated against.
    I disagree.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #704
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    So the current law is semantics.
    No, the current law is a man and a woman. That's not semantics, that's what it is.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #705
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    You did when you were talking about a toaster and apple trees with tax breaks.
    That was an example, not a what if.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #706
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Neither can marry a toaster either. Within the definition of marriage, both are accorded equal rights. No discrimination.



    That's not true, I'm saying that both sexs are equally allowed to engage in marriage as it is defined.
    A toaster can't sign a marriage contract... Gay and lesbians are human beings and have human DNA. Being a pro lifer who puts so much emphasis on human DNA and why that is enough to warrant human equality, you'd think you would support equal rights for all humans.

  7. #707
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ring a bell?
    Why doesn't that apply to gay and lesbian people?

  8. #708
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    That's the most pathetic dodge I have ever seen... either that, or you don't know what you're saying from one post to the next.
    How is it a dodge? That which we are not born with but is deemed worthy of protection gets specific protection in the Constitution. That's how it works.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #709
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Attendance at public schools was the same for both races. One race being denied access to a school was discrimination. Same education system, one was denied access one was not.

    That doesn't happen in marriage. If marriage is redefined as between two cognizant adults, and then someone is not allowed to engage, then you have descrimination.
    No. Whites were not allowed to attend black schools and blacks were not allowed to attend white schools - it was segregation. Both races were denied access to schools of a different race.

    It's the same with interracial marriage. Whites and blacks had the same access to marriage and had the same race based restrictions on marriage. It was racial discrimination.

    Now, men and women have the same access to marriage and have the same gender based restrictions on marriage. It is gender discrimination. There's no way to get around this.

  10. #710
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A toaster can't sign a marriage contract... Gay and lesbians are human beings and have human DNA. Being a pro lifer who puts so much emphasis on human DNA and why that is enough to warrant human equality, you'd think you would support equal rights for all humans.
    So? Why can't we change the concept of marriage to include innanimate objects?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •