View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 70 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #691
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Same sex marriage or any type of marriage should not be a part of government. There should be no tax rewards for married couples. Marriage is a contract between two people why does the state of nation need to be involved in any of that. Nonsense.
    HERE HERE sister!!!

  2. #692
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Incorrect.

    A man can do something a woman can't do, marry a woman.

    A woman can do something a man can't do, marry a man
    Neither can marry a toaster either. Within the definition of marriage, both are accorded equal rights. No discrimination.

    Saying "They can marry the opposite sex" doesn't work in regards to EPC. If it was the case, one could suggest constitutionally a law stating that one can marry someone of the same race only would be legal because every race has the same ability as any other race, the chance to marry their own race. However, that is not constitutional either under EPC.

    You're attempting to use ambiguous terminology with regards to the "opposite sex" as a means of attempting to obfuscate the reality, which is that men and women can each do something under the law that the law prevents the other sex from doing.
    That's not true, I'm saying that both sexs are equally allowed to engage in marriage as it is defined.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #693
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Nobody is born believing in God, yet we afford religious groups special rights and freedoms at the federal level. Do you have a problem with that, yes or no?
    Which is why we have specific protections for religion in the constitution.

    And you are on the wrong side of history. There will be equal rights for gay and lesbian people.
    I don't doubt it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #694
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Two major problems with that emotional appeal. One, there's no proof that one is born gay, like one is born black, latino, male, female, etc. Second, when arguing from a purely legal standpoint, existing anti-discrimination law would overrule such a discriminatory practice if indeed it truely were discrimination. It's not.
    It doesn't matter how they got there. It really doesn't. What matters is they are adults in America, who (God help them, for whatever reasons they) want to get married to their dearly beloved, who is of their same gender because that's who they are, and this is who they love. They can't marry. Therefore. They are being discriminated against.

  5. #695
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    which should stay out of political decisions being how they pay no taxes.
    Yeah... Christians can CHOOSE to join a church, then CHOOSE to become a preacher, and then get federal tax breaks.

    But Mac argues we don't give people special rights based on CHOICE.

  6. #696
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Neither can marry a toaster either.
    Okay, so now that you are apparently willing to play that particular game.

    What if you could only marry another man. You know, that question you sidestepped for many reasons which I quoted in a recent post, and you ignored. What if you could marry any man you wanted, Mac.

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Neither can marry a toaster either. Within the definition of marriage, both are accorded equal rights. No discrimination.
    The key word is "neither".

    That's not true, I'm saying that both sexs are equally allowed to engage in marriage as it is defined.
    The definition is the problem.

  8. #698
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Now you're projecting. For me, it's not about wanting mac. It's about the definition.

    Blacks and whites had equal access to schools and had the same race based restrictions on which schools they could attend.

    Men and women have equal access to marriage and have the same opposite-sex based restrictions on who they can marry.

    Discrimination.
    Attendance at public schools was the same for both races. One race being denied access to a school was discrimination. Same education system, one was denied access one was not.

    That doesn't happen in marriage. If marriage is redefined as between two cognizant adults, and then someone is not allowed to engage, then you have descrimination.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #699
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Which is why we have specific protections for religion in the constitution.



    I don't doubt it.
    That's the most pathetic dodge I have ever seen... either that, or you don't know what you're saying from one post to the next.

  10. #700
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Okay, so now that you are apparently willing to play that particular game.

    What if you could only marry another man. You know, that question you sidestepped for many reasons which I quoted in a recent post, and you ignored. What if you could marry any man you wanted, Mac.
    I don't do what ifs.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •