View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #61
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Or in some cases we genuinely want to understand the other side and the logic behind their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Sometimes, though it depends on how the other side is being presented. If the presentation is without logic and presented in an attacking or degrading way, I stop caring.

    True colors in 3, 2, 1...

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And with further thought I need to say, the objections are silly. They are just as ridiculous as I made them appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, any points anti-SSMers make are demonstrated to be illogical, as they are, and then when the anti-SSMers are shown to have a loser position, they start to whine that folks are being mean.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-30-11 at 04:14 AM.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Still, your one of my favorite posters on here but..no one wants to understand the other side, they want to just attack the other side ad nauseam with the same statements over and over...no one even pays attention to anyone that posts against it or what they say.
    Problem is this. The reason that the same points are stated over and over is because you all don't seem to understand them. Here... let me demonstrate:

    1) Define natural.
    You all can't. Either you run from the definition, make up your own, or have to admit that homosexuality is natural based on the definition. Mostly, you all do either the first or the second. Do the third and it won't be mentioned again.

    2) Define normal.
    If you all define normal in the statistical sense, it doesn't get mentioned again. When you try to define normal in any other way or place a value judgement on normal, you all get skewered with being exposed for presenting logical fallacies, confronted with a fallacious definition, or both.

    3) What is the difference between sexual behavior and sexual orientation.
    When you all recognize that because someone is gay, it doesn't mean that they MUST act on this, it doesn't get brought up again. When you all equate certain sexual behaviors... usually anal sex, with homosexuality, your are shown how absurd that is. Straights do anal sex, not all gays do anal sex, and a behavior is an act whereas an orientation is a state of being.

    4) Along with this, define gay sex.
    When you admit that, with the exception of penis-vaginal intercourse, any sexual behavior can be practiced by anyone, this does not get mentioned again. But you all often try to define certain acts as "gay only". When you do, you fail, because as stated above, any other act can be practiced by anyone.

    Now, I could easily go on, but you see, all you need to do is accept these facts... and they are facts, facts that NO ONE here can dispute, and these issues don't get mentioned again. Problem is, you all keep bringing up your inaccuracies and fallacies, so these things have to be explained over and over. I've probably done this debate 200+ times and explained the above just as many. It's getting tiring and I have been considering retiring from the SSM debate.

    Regardless, if you want to believe that SSM should not happen because of your religious beliefs, that's fine and you will get no argument from me. You want to start PROVING that SSM should not happen, either logically or with evidence, and you will get demolished. There is no logical or evidenciary reason to keep SSM illegal. There is only religous faith... which I can accept.

    So, the repitition of the SSM debate is due to the anti's, not the pro's.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    True colors in 3, 2, 1...
    Read what I wrote. When there is no logic, I stop caring about understanding the other side. My second post is completely consistent with that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Is the idea of marriage really "logical" in the first place, or is it more emotional?
    Strawman. This is about the logic behind denying the legal contract of marriage to LGBT people, not the logic of why people want to enter marriage.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #65
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Read what I wrote.
    You were attacking and degrading. You presented the other side as illogical losers who whine.

    This is no different than presenting the other side as perverts who bring down society.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-30-11 at 04:17 AM.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So am I the only who can see both sides of the issue?
    I don't think so. I can see the other side of the issue just fine. There are two points to it. One is based on belief, which I respect and have no issue discussing. The other is based on lack of logic and lack of evidence which I have a big issue with. I do not like misinformation being spread.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You were degrading. You attacked the other side as illogical losers who whine.
    Again... READ WHAT I WROTE IN THE FIRST POST. If the poster is presenting a completely illogical position, I have no interest in understanding it. If the position is either logical, or admittedly faith based, I will certainly take interest in understanding it.

    And, I stand by what I said, When an anti-SSMer tries to present a logical or evidenciary presentation to their position... and is shown to be absolutely wrong, they tend to complain that people are being mean. Not always, but often.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 05-30-11 at 04:20 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #68
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    So if YOU don't think their arguments have any merit, THEN it is ok to attack and degrade them.

    Ok, now I see how you are not a hypocrite. Attacking and degrading is fine, as long as you are the one doing it.

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Strawman. This is about the logic behind denying the legal contract of marriage to LGBT people, not the logic of why people want to enter marriage.
    I see. So only one side should be held to pure logic? What does it accomplish to deny this is an emotional issue?
    Last edited by X Factor; 05-30-11 at 04:34 AM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So if YOU don't think their arguments have any merit, THEN it is ok to attack and degrade them.

    Ok, now I see how you are not a hypocrite. Attacking and degrading is fine, as long as you are the one doing it.
    If their position is illogical and has no evidence, I will demonstrate that as much as I choose to do. I will also point out behaviors that occur. If you do not like that... too bad.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •