View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 68 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #671
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are an incredibly dishonest individual. You even created your own definition of "natural" in a thread in order to argue that homosexuality did not meet it and was therefore wrong. I'm just about sick of debating with you since you have no apparent affinity for truth or honesty.
    No, you are dishonest....I never once said homosexuality is wrong becuase it is unnatural. Never once. Quote me, or stop lying about what I've said. You read what you want me to have said so you can fit me into your catagories.

    Logical fallacies demonstrate thinking errors. 1+1 will never equal 3, just as appealing to nature or tradition will never be a valid argument.
    Then why do you appeal to nature regularly? It seems only a thinking error when you want it to be, but perfectly valid when you want it to be. Homosexuality is not an issue ruled by logic and as such it is not only logic that applies.

    Please quote any instance where I have said homosexuality is right because it occurs in nature. I have argued homosexuality is natural, by most definitions, but I have never argued on this forum that it is right just because it is natural. If you cannot quote me, then I expect an apology and will not acknowledge you any further until I receive one. I am sick of lying and deceit. You epitomize everything I hate about Christianity.
    What you have said, and what I said you said, wa that you claim it to be natural for humans becuase it exists in nature. Do you deny this? In fact you even offered up a book to prove it. Do you deny it?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #672
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    whose rights are violated by allowing me to marry my sister (if I had one)?
    Pathetic. Can't stay on abortion, so you are switching to incest? I'm not arguing that gay marriage should be legal simply because it doesn't violate anyone else's rights, and you know that isn't my argument. Stop trying to pull a red herring and answer my question. My argument was how abortion was a comparable argument to gay marriage. How is abortion comparable to gay marriage when abortion deals with a conflict between the unborn and the mother and gay marriage has no such conflict? That has nothing to do with incest and nothing to do with equal rights.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-31-11 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #673
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Pathetic. Can't stay on abortion, so you are switching to incest? I'm not arguing that gay marriage should be legal simply because it doesn't violate anyone else's rights, and you know that isn't my argument. Stop trying to pull a red herring and answer my question. My argument was how it was a comparable argument. How is abortion comparable to gay marriage when abortion deals with a conflict between the unborn and the mother and gay marriage has no such conflict?
    pot...meet kettle.

    human rights are human rights, whether it be abortion, incest, polygamy, gays, etc, etc, etc.

    funny how the only ones you give a **** about are gays.

    now get mad and start attacking me, even though I actually support gay rights
    Last edited by OscarB63; 05-31-11 at 12:47 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #674
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Moderator's Warning:
    SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?Yeah, this threads not about abortions. There's a legitimate debate about whether or not a fetus/baby in the womb is constituted as a human with all the rights there is. There's no legitimate debate happening in this country as to whether or not homosexuals are human. The attempt at thread-jacking ends now.

    Additionally, I know this is a heated topic but keep the personal attacks out of it. People on both sides are slinging them and they need to end as well.

  5. #675
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Hey mac, please explain how DOMA is not gender discrimination using the definition of discrimination.
    Men and women are equally allowed to marry within the confines of that definition, men are no more restricted than women (and vice versa). The law applies equally to both genders.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #676
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, you are dishonest....I never once said homosexuality is wrong becuase it is unnatural. Never once. Quote me, or stop lying about what I've said. You read what you want me to have said so you can fit me into your catagories.
    And when CT goes back and finds a quote, your defense will be..... that's not what I meant.......

  7. #677
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Do you think if you keep putting this same thread up over and over ad nauseam it will "FORCE" people to change their mind or something ?
    now that is REALLY funny!!!!

  8. #678
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    So discrimination is defined by time? What a joke. You can't be taken seriously. It's discrimination and you're only defense against it is "well if it were, then it would be fixed". Embarrassing.
    It's not discrimination just becuase you want it to be.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #679
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Men and women are equally allowed to marry within the confines of that definition, men are no more restricted than women (and vice versa). The law applies equally to both genders.
    Rosa Parks was allowed to ride the bus, within the confines of black people riding the bus..

  10. #680
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    pot...meet kettle.

    human rights are human rights, whether it be abortion, incest, polygamy, gays, etc, etc, etc.

    funny how the only ones you give a **** about are gays.

    now get mad and start attacking me, even though I actually support gay rights
    Idiotic remarks. I don't care if you support gay rights or not, when you come into a thread and distort my arguments then you are going to hear about it! I asked you a simple question about how abortion was comparable to gay marriage and you went off on some tangent about equal rights because you knew it was an illogical comparison to make. Be a man and admit when you are wrong!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •