View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 65 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #641
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I'm straight, and I'm asking.
    Great, you got me on poor wording. Touche.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #642
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I disagree. If you support it then you do ask for it.
    then you are wrong. you just had two people tell you they support it but aren't asking for it. what makes you think you know more about how we feel than we do ourselves? very arrogant of you
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #643
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,535

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I disagree. If you support it then you do ask for it.
    Then you completely misunderstand peoples intentions.

    Being for something has nothing at all to do with asking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #644
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Oh? What happened to your two quotes above your last one?
    That last one was supposed to say "I could call myself married to my apple tree if I wish, but I ain't getting any tax breaks for it."

    That's not hypothetical.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #645
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    What's your beef. Honest to [expletive-deleted], why DO YOU care? Why are you just fine with an entire segment of the populace being denied the right to marry.
    But should same sex marriage be legal for two individuals who aren't gay? I saw this on Boston Legal a few years ago where the two lead characters went to court to marry each other, yet neither of them were gay. It made for an interesting debate.
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I do, I just don't necessarily agree that personal choices or orientations grant rights.
    Irrelevant. They are granted rights by virtue of being human.

  7. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I support gay marriage and would vote for it, but I am not "asking for it"
    Why not? It's just one step beyond where you are now. I stand with my sister, her partner, their best friends, and every gay or lesbian on this board who wants to marry their dearly beloved.

  8. #648
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Why not? It's just one step beyond where you are now. I stand with my sister, her partner, their best friends, and every gay or lesbian on this board who wants to marry their dearly beloved.
    maybe, like many other straights, I just don't give enough of a **** to get out and lobby for something that really doesn't affect me.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #649
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't say that, I said I think it's wrong for religious reasons...it being unnatural (imo) only factors in in a failure to counter my religion.
    You are an incredibly dishonest individual. You even created your own definition of "natural" in a thread in order to argue that homosexuality did not meet it and was therefore wrong. I'm just about sick of debating with you since you have no apparent affinity for truth or honesty.

    I wouldn't say no factor, I would say a factor. Logical fallacies are irrelevant in emotional issue which it obviously is to you, but don't sit back and act smug when you toss out logical fallacies all day long.
    Logical fallacies demonstrate thinking errors. 1+1 will never equal 3, just as appealing to nature or tradition will never be a valid argument.

    Then why do you do it so often?
    Please quote any instance where I have said homosexuality is right because it occurs in nature. I have argued homosexuality is natural, by most definitions, but I have never argued on this forum that it is right just because it is natural. If you cannot quote me, then I expect an apology and will not acknowledge you any further until I receive one. I am sick of your lying and deceit. You epitomize everything I hate about Christianity.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-31-11 at 12:30 PM.

  10. #650
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I do, I just don't necessarily agree that personal choices or orientations grant rights.
    BS Mac. You are simply making arguments now because they are convenient for you.

    Christianity is a choice, religion is a choice.... yet our Constitution protects religious groups.

    If you think personal choices shouldn't reward people rights, then I'd like to hear you argue that the 1st amendment is harmful and why. Oh, but wait, your religious choice is probably influencing you to be advocating inequality in the first place... and there is a lot more evidence to say that homosexuality isn't a choice, albeit not prefect evidence, but religion is definitely not inborn and is a choice.

    Now explain why your religious choice shouldn't interfere with anybody's legal rights...

    3
    2
    1

    ... go
    Last edited by SheWolf; 05-31-11 at 12:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •