View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #631
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm not. You are ignoring that marriage between a man and woman is the traditionally accepted and legal form of marriage. Gays are asking for that to be changed, straights are not.
    I'm straight, and I'm asking.

  2. #632
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    hardly. there may be many straights that don't oppose same sex marriage, but there aren't droves of them screaming for it either.
    Poor reading comprehension.

    mac said, "Gays are asking for that to be changed, straights are not."

    I replied, "Also, more straights than gays are asking for same sex marriage."

    That is a fact. Gays only amount to up to 8% of the population and yet 51% of the population supports same sex marriage. Therefore, more straights than gays support same sex marriage.

  3. #633
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Poor reading comprehension.

    mac said, "Gays are asking for that to be changed, straights are not."

    I replied, "Also, more straights than gays are asking for same sex marriage."

    That is a fact. Gays only amount to up to 8% of the population and yet 51% of the population supports same sex marriage. Therefore, more straights than gays support same sex marriage.
    poor logic comprehension:

    supporting =/= asking for it

    I support gay marriage and would vote for it, but I am not "asking for it"

    same for gays in the military. I support letting them serve, but I am not out asking them to join
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #634
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Poor reading comprehension.

    mac said, "Gays are asking for that to be changed, straights are not."

    I replied, "Also, more straights than gays are asking for same sex marriage."

    That is a fact. Gays only amount to up to 8% of the population and yet 51% of the population supports same sex marriage. Therefore, more straights than gays support same sex marriage.
    Supporting it and asking for it are 2 different things.

    I support it but in no way am I asking for it.

    Is their a survey or something that says one way or the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #635
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    What if the world turned on it's ear and Mac, you had the right to marry any man you wanted. That'd be cool, right? Because you could still get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What if aliens landed and stole all our cats?
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No...what if's are pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, hypotheticals are foolish games.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's not anymore legal than anything else. I call call myself married to my apple tree if I wish, but I ain't getting any tax breaks for it.
    Oh? What happened to your two quotes above your last one?

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Don't think people are born thinking gay sex is nasty.
    Nope. Kids are blank slates.

  7. #637
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    poor logic comprehension:

    supporting =/= asking for it

    I support gay marriage and would vote for it, but I am not "asking for it"
    I disagree. If you support it then you do ask for it.

  8. #638
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Of course I do....no other group is allowed to marry someone of the same gender. Equality is a two way street.
    This argument is wrong on some many levels... I think this argument deserves it's own thread, because I could go on and on with it.

    Equality is a two way street? Why is equality a two way street? The only time I have ever heard this argument is when equal rights comes up, and somebody thinks that allowing a group, they disdain, to become socially equal... it will, in some way, make them less free in society. For example, if we end segregation and I can't be racist and throw n-ers off outta mah business, then I am less free.

    Really, Mac, how is gay marriage a two way street? You won't be giving anything up... You just can't handle fags having the same rights as yourself, and that makes you feel uncomfortable.

  9. #639
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are the person who argues that homosexuality is unnatural and therefore wrong.
    I didn't say that, I said I think it's wrong for religious reasons...it being unnatural (imo) only factors in in a failure to counter my religion.

    I have said many times that whether homosexuality is defined as natural or unnatural has no bearing on whether it is right or wrong. But I'm happy to see you finally figuring out logical fallacies.
    I wouldn't say no factor, I would say a factor. Logical fallacies are irrelevant in emotional issue which it obviously is to you, but don't sit back and act smug when you toss out logical fallacies all day long.

    Also, an appeal to traditional fallacy is invalid, just as an appeal to nature fallacy would be.
    Then why do you do it so often?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #640
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Mac...your right, "it is what it is." That said, can anyone ever accept, "we are what we are?"
    Those who can, will (and do).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •