View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #51
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    There's really no need for in-depth analysis. The opposition to same-sex marriage is, fundamentally, religious.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

  2. #52
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    That's why I'm asking, too. I want to understand.
    Seriously, your poll options and OP don't make it appear as if you're interested in understanding. I'm not criticizing at all, just saying, you set the tone. I doubt anyone serious about their opposition is going to believe respectful dialogue is what you're after. See what I'm saying?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    No longevity? No humor? Truly.

    I'm sorry, I honestly don't know how to check my personality at the door. Nor am I willing to give it the old college try.

    And with further thought I need to say, the objections are silly. They are just as ridiculous as I made them appear. There is NO good reason that two people in love cannot be married in this country, in this century.
    Last edited by BDBoop; 05-30-11 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    There's really no need for in-depth analysis. The opposition to same-sex marriage is, fundamentally, religious.
    And that makes it fundamentally irrational, which is all we need to know.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I didnt participate and its pointless to participate in any of them, because any points anti ssm individuals make, extorts the same pat answers from the same people, who cant present a real argument except for redundant sarcasm.
    You say this, but I have yet to see you try to understand our side.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,633

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I didnt participate and its pointless to participate in any of them, because any points anti ssm individuals make, extorts the same pat answers from the same people, who cant present a real argument except for redundant sarcasm.
    No, any points anti-SSMers make are demonstrated to be illogical, as they are, and then when the anti-SSMers are shown to have a loser position, they start to whine that folks are being mean.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #57
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, any points anti-SSMers make are demonstrated to be illogical, as they are, and then when the anti-SSMers are shown to have a loser position, they start to whine that folks are being mean.
    So am I the only who can see both sides of the issue?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #58
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Same sex marriage or any type of marriage should not be a part of government. There should be no tax rewards for married couples. Marriage is a contract between two people why does the state of nation need to be involved in any of that. Nonsense.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So am I the only who can see both sides of the issue?
    There is no logical reason to be against SSM.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #60
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There is no logical reason to be against SSM.
    Is the idea of marriage really "logical" in the first place, or is it more emotional?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •