View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 58 of 158 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #571
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So far science has found no biological component in DNA or anything else.

    You are just not going to accept anything even though there is no evidence indicating a biological component.
    There is evidence of a genetic component

    J. Michael Bailey and Richard Pillard also studied the gayness between MZ twins, DZ twins, and non-related adopted brothers. They examined how many of the sample population examined were gay and how many were straight. They found that 52% of MZ twins were both self-identified homosexuals, 22% of DZ twins were so, and only 5% of non-related adopted brothers were so. This evidence, repeated and found to be true a second time, showed to the biological camp that the more closely genetically linked a pair is, the more likely they both are to exhibit gay or straight tendencies. Later experimenters found similar evidence in females. One such scientist is Dean Hamer. Hamer examined the possibility of homosexuality being an X-linked trait. He examined the family trees of openly gay men, and thought he saw a maternal link, leading him to investigate his theory of X-linkage. He took 40 DNA samples from homosexual men, and genetically examined them. He found that there was a 'remarkable concordance' for 5 genetic markers on section of the X-Chromosome called Xq28 [2].
    Hamer hypothesized upon examining the family trees of the same men that on each subject's mother's side, there were markedly larger numbers of homosexual men, all stemming through the maternal lineages. This observation, along with his startling discovery on Xq28, led his findings to be dubbed the "gay gene study". The statistical probability of the 5 genetic markers on Xq28 to have matched randomly was calculated to be 1/100,000 [2], lending even more support to his findings.


    Conclusive? No, but there is evidence

  2. #572
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There is evidence of a genetic component



    Conclusive? No, but there is evidence
    Gringas and Chen describe a number of mechanisms which can lead to differences between monozygotic twins, the most relevant here being chorionicity and amniocity. Dichorionic twins potentially have different hormonal environments and receive maternal blood from separate placenta. Monoamniotic twins share a hormonal environment, but can suffer from the 'twin to twin transfusion syndrome' in which one twin is "relatively stuffed with blood and the other exsanguinated". If one twin receives less testosterone and the other more, this could result in different levels of brain masculinisation. - http://www.terapiafetale.it/pdf/andisc%20.pdf

    Back to square one.

    Again that study was from 1991, mine is from 2001. You need more recent data and none that I know of is out there, I looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    How so?

    ............
    SS-couples are not alone here, hell they're not even the majority. I have no issue with people living with whomever they want, sleep with whomever they want, fine, whatever, that's your life.

    But when you apply to take money out of the community pot I pay into, you have just made your personal life my business to some degree; this is true if we're talking about unemployment, social security, military benefits....anything funded by the tax-payer, which includes the cost of failed marriages.

    As I see it, anyone who marries and takes advantage of the legal buffs with no intention of their marriage serving the family, they are taking money for nothing. That is abuse, imo. The money is not supposed to be a free hand-out, it is supposed to be an encouragement to work through the hard times to keep the family intact, to raise and socialize children.

    Anyone who is taking benefits from the state without serving that purpose is abusing the system. Anyone who does not account for their high-risk demographic is harming the general population when their marriage fails.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-31-11 at 12:18 AM.

  4. #574
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Gringas and Chen describe a number of mechanisms which can lead to differences between monozygotic twins, the most relevant here being chorionicity and amniocity. Dichorionic twins potentially have different hormonal environments and receive maternal blood from separate placenta. Monoamniotic twins share a hormonal environment, but can suffer from the 'twin to twin transfusion syndrome' in which one twin is "relatively stuffed with blood and the other exsanguinated". If one twin receives less testosterone and the other more, this could result in different levels of brain masculinisation. - http://www.terapiafetale.it/pdf/andisc%20.pdf

    Back to square one.

    Again that study was from 1991, mine is from 2001. You need more recent data and none that I know of is out there, I looked.

    That doesn't discredit a genetic possibility and still indicates a possible biological cause.

  5. #575
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That doesn't discredit a genetic possibility and still indicates a possible biological cause.
    Yes it does, it is even critical of the earlier data. It also does not support a physical cause for homosexuality, only accounts for differences in twins for many things, and why a 10% difference can be present.

    You are reaching for straws Winston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #576
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So far science has found no biological component in DNA or anything else.
    The problem with your arguement is it also applies to being hetrosexual as well.. Which invalidates your arguement from the start.. It is the same mechanism that makes some people hetrosexual, that also makes somke people homosexual.. Being homophobic is a choice..

    Intersex people have no physical gender.. Yet they are still female or male and attracted to either female or male.. Without a physical gender for you to examine.. who is gay and who isn't??

    This is to someone else.. Anal sex has no bearing on being gay or not.. Some men like it and some don't.. Some women like it and some don't.. Anal sex is pretty common in the porn industry so it pretty safe to say it is popular in society.. There is no connection to anal sex and homosexuality.. To make that claim is idiotic at best.. For some couples, anal sex is the cheapest and most natural form of birthcontrol..

    But your likes and dislikes are different than other peoples.. In the end.. That is all we are talking about here.. Likes and dislikes.. There is no right or wrong.. Just like being homosexual isn't an issue of right or wrong.. If nobody can say you are wrong for disliking anal sex.. Then you can't say someone is wrong for liking it.. That is simply how it is..

  7. #577
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes it does, it is even critical of the earlier data. It also does not support a physical cause for homosexuality, only accounts for differences in twins for many things, and why a 10% difference can be present.

    You are reaching for straws Winston.

    Hormones aren't physical influences?

    Okey dokey

    Yes it does, it is even critical of the earlier data.
    Where?

  8. #578
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    I have heard social scientists say that we're all really bi sexual in some sense, but because we are social creates and organize our societies with moral and religious agents, we have caused ourselves to define behavior... and obviously sexual behavior, according to moral and immoral, natural and unnatural, and weird or normal constructs.

    So for the sake of the argument, I'd like somebody to show me where the hetrosexual gene is.

    Did you ever think that human sexuality isn't black and white? That maybe attraction to the same sex isn't uncommon or that the amount of attraction to the same sex and the opposite sex NATURALLY varies from person to person? But because of our social nature, we like to box people in and force everybody to define themselves so we are more comfortable.

  9. #579
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    The problem with your arguement is it also applies to being hetrosexual as well.. Which invalidates your arguement from the start.. It is the same mechanism that makes some people hetrosexual, that also makes somke people homosexual.. Being homophobic is a choice..
    I said it applies to all sexuality. WTF does that have to do with being homophobic????

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Intersex people have no physical gender.. Yet they are still female or male and attracted to either female or male.. Without a physical gender for you to examine.. who is gay and who isn't??
    We are not talking about rare conditions or birth defect's.

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    This is to someone else.. Anal sex has no bearing on being gay or not.. Some men like it and some don't.. Some women like it and some don't.. Anal sex is pretty common in the porn industry so it pretty safe to say it is popular in society.. There is no connection to anal sex and homosexuality.. To make that claim is idiotic at best.. For some couples, anal sex is the cheapest and most natural form of birthcontrol..
    How did we go to anal sex??? I did not say anything about it???

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    But your likes and dislikes are different than other peoples.. In the end.. That is all we are talking about here.. Likes and dislikes.. There is no right or wrong.. Just like being homosexual isn't an issue of right or wrong.. If nobody can say you are wrong for disliking anal sex.. Then you can't say someone is wrong for liking it.. That is simply how it is..
    What in the name of Joseph are you talking about???
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #580
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,500

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Gay marriage: Is there any EVIDENCE that gay citizens who choose to marry or has married has in anyway damaged the social fabric and/or underrmines our nation's values, tradition, or dignity?

    My answer: NO!

    Shamefully, dark age thinking, fear, myths, superstition, and personal insecurities still cripples the minds of many in a highly advanced civilization.

    We live in a society where many refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that "circumstance of birth" exist.

    Amazing...
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 05-31-11 at 02:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •