View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 56 of 158 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #551
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Some things just don't change, and childhood sexuality falls into that. Unless somebody has something that contradicts what was stated less than a decade ago, that information remains the same.

  2. #552
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,504

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Sorry, I attempted to dumb it down for you. My bad.

    Humboldt-Universitt zu Berlin

    Drop down to "children and sexuality."
    You are trying to say self exploration for a 5 or 6 year old is knowing they are gay or straight? It also says most children do not become interested in actual boy/girl etc things until 9 or 10 like I said.

    Thanks for the good article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #553
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,504

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I notice you ignored this part:

    Many think that natureand nurture both play complex roles...."


    IOW biology plays a part.
    How could I ignore what I have been saying the whole time?

    In theory, but no evidence exists, just like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #554
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,504

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Some things just don't change, and childhood sexuality falls into that. Unless somebody has something that contradicts what was stated less than a decade ago, that information remains the same.
    Obviously you did not read your own source.

    Overt heterosexual behavior is not uncommon in children as young as age three or four given the opportunity. Children have been observed running nude and playing with their own and other children's genitals. In some cases, simulated intercourse has been observed. In these situations, the children change roles, one being the male, the other being the female, and vice versa. This mutual exchange of sexual positioning and the pretend-like nature of intercourse point to the role of learning in sexual development and differentiation of human sexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Everyone is different. This has nothing to do with knowing you were gay from the beginning. That is impossible. Most kids are not interested in anything sexual till after 10.

    I am sorry if modern science after searching for what? almost 30 years now has found nothing to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are trying to say self exploration for a 5 or 6 year old is knowing they are gay or straight? It also says most children do not become interested in actual boy/girl etc things until 9 or 10 like I said.

    Thanks for the good article.
    That's not what you said, though (see quote, especially bolded). You didn't mention boy/girl until just now.

  6. #556
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    How could I ignore what I have been saying the whole time?

    In theory, but no evidence exists, just like I said.

    What I you talking about? I posted evidence indicating biological influences.

    And if you went to the link you'd see the counter argument too.

    Does it have to be all or nothing? Couldn't it be a mix of the two?

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Obviously you did not read your own source.

    Overt heterosexual behavior is not uncommon in children as young as age three or four given the opportunity. Children have been observed running nude and playing with their own and other children's genitals. In some cases, simulated intercourse has been observed. In these situations, the children change roles, one being the male, the other being the female, and vice versa. This mutual exchange of sexual positioning and the pretend-like nature of intercourse point to the role of learning in sexual development and differentiation of human sexuality.
    Yes, I did. And obviously we came to different conclusions based on what we read.

    I'm sorry. I adamantly and categorically refuse to accept your position when it flies directly in the face of what gay people experience themselves. As such, I will no longer be discussing this matter with you.

  8. #558
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,504

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What I you talking about? I posted evidence indicating biological influences.
    That is evidence dating back to what? 1959? The gay gene and other biological reasons don't exist. They think it still could, but they flat out state they don't know or have found nothing to suggest it does directly.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And if you went to the link you'd see the counter argument too.

    Does it have to be all or nothing? Couldn't it be a mix of the two?
    Yes I have been saying this the whole time. I have also been saying that no physical evidence exists, and this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #559
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,504

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Yes, I did. And obviously we came to different conclusions based on what we read.

    I'm sorry. I adamantly and categorically refuse to accept your position when it flies directly in the face of what gay people experience themselves. As such, I will no longer be discussing this matter with you.
    OK fine with me. No skin off my nose.

    Be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #560
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is evidence dating back to what? 1959? The gay gene and other biological reasons don't exist. They think it still could, but they flat out state they don't know or have found nothing to suggest it does directly.
    When did Newton postulate the theory of gravity?



    Yes I have been saying this the whole time. I have also been saying that no physical evidence exists, and this is true.

    You did not read the brain study did you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •