View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 50 of 158 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    I just started a thread a bit ago, which nine people have read, but nobody's responded to. So what the hey, here ya go.

    Baptist Reacts to Don Lemon's 'Born Gay' Remarks, Christian News

    I was born gay just as I was born black," the CNN anchor said this week on "The Joy Behar Show."

    One Christian agrees with Lemon that same-sex attraction is not a choice. Tim Wilkins, a Southern Baptist, struggled with homosexual feelings for years.

    He admits, "I did not choose to be attracted to the same sex."
    Oh? What's that you say, Mr. Baptist Minister? You are attracted to men, and you did not choose to do so?

    Wow. Who knew.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    LOL....you just can't resist the personal attacks can you? Too bad you can easily be proven wrong by looking at the two posts to see we quoted each other in a one on one volley.
    "She wasn't talking to you" is a personal attack? Color me surprised.

  3. #493
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Some of those and none of those.

    Keep painting with that HUGE brush.
    You have no room to talk after stating that most gay men are hedonistic.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #494
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    For instance:

    After 60 Years, a Deep Desire to Make It 'Legal' - NYTimes.com

    Can you even imagine? Sixty years together! But they can't get married.
    That is quite sad
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #495
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Roughly 2.3 million marriages happen each year. If I line up all 2.3 million couples and ask you to pick out those that are religiously married and those that are not, can you do that with 100% accuracy?

    Of course you can't. Many of the 2.3 million have a religious and civil connection. Of those that are religious, most are civil....so how do you separate the two? The answer is that you can't.

    You also need a lesson on the origin of marriage in our society. Up until King Henry the VIII created the Church of England, marriage was not regulated by the government. It was solely handled by the church. When the church became the government, the line that divided church from state was lost. The first act of Henry the VIII as the head of state and church was to change the church's interpretation (and thus the state's) to allow for divorce under Henry's idea of a good reason. Since then, our society has been forced to accept the bastardized version of marriage as it was under Henry the VIII. To say that religious marriage and civil marriage are not entangled and indistinguishable is to admit that you don't know the recent history of marriage.
    LMAO
    You realize what you said supports me and not you, you just admitted that people have BOTH. If they are the same or entangled or indistinguishable why get BOTH???? Oh I know way because the fact remains THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

    Maybe now you will realize that fact.
    To think differently is to admit you have no understanding of law and reality.

    I actually can't believe you even try to argue against the fact they are two different separate things, this is common sense and a plain simple fact. Its not rocket science, my brother is married with NO religion, that right there is the end all of you argument.

    Sorry this fact bothers you but its not going to change because you don't like it.

    They have no impact on each other that's why people choose to get BOTH because they do DIFFERENT things.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  6. #496
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I think K. D. Lang and Liberace show that gays are born.
    I know it sounds like a joke, but I honestly have met small kids that act gay... One was my friend's cousin, and he grew up to be gay, very feminine. He painted his first car with glitter nail polish top coat. He acted gay even when he was a little kid. I remember him playing with a kitchen set, babies, and pretend talking on the phone. He never wanted to play with boy toys, and he had older brothers... He always wanted girl toys for some reason, and he loved to cradle little dolls like babies and he would get excited whenever he saw a real baby. It was sweet.

  7. #497
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think that is not scientific proof of anything. I can introduce you to gay men and women who were not born that way.

    As soon as you can show me something like a gene for sexuality I will believe you.

    PS: No evidence at all exists that sexuality gay or straight is physical, none.
    And this being the case, why should how one became heterosexual, or homosexual have any place in this debate?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #498
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    That is quite sad
    Yup. But what an amazing couple.

  9. #499
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Yup. But what an amazing couple.
    Very, it must have been hard to live as a gay couple back then, I'm so thankful I was born when I was.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #500
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think that is not scientific proof of anything. I can introduce you to gay men and women who were not born that way.

    As soon as you can show me something like a gene for sexuality I will believe you.

    PS: No evidence at all exists that sexuality gay or straight is physical, none.

    PSS: In the case of transsexuals (people who think they are the opposite sex) evidence does exist that it may have a link to the Brain structure being male or female. This is not apparent in gay men and women.
    Why does seeing that gene really matter... would it change anything about your views at all?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •