View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #41
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Wow.. 4 pages so far and no real answers?? I guess everyone agrees that SSM should be legal..

  2. #42
    Student TheGreatSandeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Still, your one of my favorite posters on here but..no one wants to understand the other side, they want to just attack the other side ad nauseam with the same statements over and over...no one even pays attention to anyone that posts against it or what they say.
    Like this one, right?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/law-an...post1059494515

  3. #43
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    The reason I joined a political debate forum was to understand how conservatives think and to get away from my preconceived notions of who I thought they were.

    I didn't join DP to be in constant hack-attack mode. I love civil and intellectually stimulating discussion, and to that end I am genuinely interested in why some individuals are against same-sex marriage and if they can provide a solid logical defense for their position. Because from my point of view, there really isn't a logical reason to be against same-sex marriage.
    I agree totally and unfortunately on this topic you are one of the very few that want a discussion about this subject...others want to curse you out and attack you becuase you dont agree with them and others want to just disregard whatever you say by throwing the same one line barbs.
    I attempted twice to sincerely post my feelings on this and I was badgered in pms about it and cursed out in the dungeon...which btw I thought was funny...I was a cop for lots of years I got cursed out by professionals face to face.
    That is why I wont engage this anymore..I just throw barbs like the others do...hey whats good for the goose right
    The few on this board that did try to engage this topic...<most that disagree were smart enough not to get involved> were beat up by the same people. Im no ones beat boy
    I apologize to Mis BDBoop for her thinking I was attacking her personally, I was not...I meant the subject.

  4. #44
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-13-15 @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    265

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    I find the 3rd option funny hehehe. Anyway, I think it should be legal because of all the legal things that come with marriage, ie medical and other things.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    No, but that's okay. Guess I should start digging through old threads.

  6. #46
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora151989 View Post
    I find the 3rd option funny hehehe. Anyway, I think it should be legal because of all the legal things that come with marriage, ie medical and other things.
    you know, I'm going on a bit of a tangent here but I've always wondered why married couples receive tax benefits. As much as the poor, the middle class, and the rich all whine and bitch about how the system is unfair, for sure single people get killed when it comes to taxes compared to married people. Why is that?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    As most who know me already know, I believe that homosexuals are the last group of minorities that are legally descriminated against and denied equal rights. Nationally legalizing SSM will go a long way to rectifying that unacceptable situation.

  8. #48
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    What's your beef. Honest to [expletive-deleted], why DO YOU care? Why are you just fine with an entire segment of the populace being denied the right to marry.
    Because it pisses you off.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #49
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    The reason some feel it is wrong is cause they think it will lead to people legally being able to marry animals and bang little childrens. I have no clue why some feel this way but figured I would go ahead and point out the stupid before someone else did
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #50
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    The reason some feel it is wrong is cause they think it will lead to people legally being able to marry animals and bang little childrens. I have no clue why some feel this way but figured I would go ahead and point out the stupid before someone else did
    Slippery slope fallacy, one of the more common arguments.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •