View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 48 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I fail to see how your argument is related to the discussion.
    That's okay. She wasn't talking to you.

  2. #472
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I fail to see how your argument is related to the discussion.
    Then you also fail to have any concept of reality, my brother got legally married with NO religion involved. How'd that happen if they are entangled and indistinguishable?

    Ill give you 3 guesses
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  3. #473
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure they are denied....polygamy is illegal in the us.
    Religious polygamous marriage is perfectly legal, while legal polygamous marriage isn't. Big difference, again thank you for admitting that religious marriage is separate from legal marriage.

    Now can we get past this, and discuss what is pertinent?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I do. Current marriage laws are not gender discriminatory.
    And here we are again.

    discrimination

    treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs

    Discrimination | Define Discrimination at Dictionary.com
    Marriage gender discrimination: treatment or consideration of a person for marriage based on the gender group which that person belongs

  5. #475
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I fail to see how your argument is related to the discussion.
    I can get married in a Church tomorrow, but I can't get married legally in the state I live, this fact disproves your belief that religious, and legal marriage are one in the same.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #476
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No one is stopping them from getting a religious marriage, you have just proved that legal, and religious marriage are separate, thank you
    Some how it never gets old smacking people around with logic and facts and rational.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    I want to know why (phrasing a bit differently than in the opening post) people think SSM would be such a horrible thing. It won't hurt them. It won't impact on them. It will help a great many people take the "next step" in their walk of life, together.

    So. Since it has Nothing To Do With YOU, why can't you just accept that a) gays are born, and b) they should have the same rights we do, inclusive of the right to marry their dearly beloved.

  8. #478
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I want to know why (phrasing a bit differently than in the opening post) people think SSM would be such a horrible thing. It won't hurt them. It won't impact on them. It will help a great many people take the "next step" in their walk of life, together.

    So. Since it has Nothing To Do With YOU, why can't you just accept that a) gays are born, and b) they should have the same rights we do, inclusive of the right to marry their dearly beloved.
    I want to know why they think my potential family is less deserving of the legal benefits that come with marriage, and how it helps family, and children.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #479
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I want to know why (phrasing a bit differently than in the opening post) people think SSM would be such a horrible thing. It won't hurt them. It won't impact on them. It will help a great many people take the "next step" in their walk of life, together.

    So. Since it has Nothing To Do With YOU, why can't you just accept that a) gays are born, and b) they should have the same rights we do, inclusive of the right to marry their dearly beloved.
    selfishness
    hypocrisy
    ignorance
    bigotry
    arrogance

    and one or multiple of these if we are talking about this country and equality. Theres probably more but I can't think of any.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  10. #480
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure they are denied....polygamy is illegal in the us.
    Reynolds v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The supreme court doesn't have make all religious practices legally protected... The argument is that some religious practices are extreme and do not deserve to be legally protected, such as ritualistic suicide, child abuse or rape, abuse, human sacrifice, etc. The court felt that polygamy fell under that category. Call their ruling right or wrong if you like, but I happen to agree that we don't have a duty to protect all religious groups to do whatever they want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •