View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 47 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #461
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    yep, religious people are people too....despite some of your experiences with them.
    And we aren't people?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #462
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And to represent us all equally, they must not infringe upon anyone's religious rights, and can't make laws that promote, or suppress a religion, and denying SSM on religious grounds, would violate both of those.
    But denying religious freedom to Mormons and Muslims is ok?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    yep, religious people are people too....despite some of your experiences with them.
    What about the fact that more than a few gays are Christians?

    What if they believe they are who they are, and they also believe in God, and they further believe Jesus was who he said he was, and did what he came to do. They further believe they can't have sex outside of marriage. But they can't get married. What a rotten conundrum to be trapped in.

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I do. Current marriage laws are not gender discriminatory.
    They are if men can't marry men and women can't marry women.

  5. #465
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    But denying religious freedom to Mormons and Muslims is ok?
    No one is stopping them from getting a religious marriage, you have just proved that legal, and religious marriage are separate, thank you
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #466
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No one is stopping them from getting a religious marriage, you have just proved that legal, and religious marriage are separate, thank you
    Sure they are denied....polygamy is illegal in the us.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure they are denied....polygamy is illegal in the us.
    That answer made no sense. Might you need to add some words?

  8. #468
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    They are actually, because I can get a religious marriage tomorrow if I want, but I can't get a legal marriage. This disproves your entire statement.
    I fail to see how your argument is related to the discussion.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  9. #469
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    There is nothing false about my statement and legal marriage fully impacts religious marriage as they are entangled and indistinguishable.
    Again 100% false, everything you said is false and your new statment is also false.

    They are VERY clearly different and distinguishable.
    Legal marriage comes with legal rights tied to that contract.
    Religious marriage comes with Religious benefits and merits.
    Religious marriages has ZERO ties to legal marriage it can totally exist without it.
    Legal marriage has ZERO ties to religious marriage its can totally exist without it.

    Sorry you are 100% wrong.

    Those are the facts sorry you misunderstand this somehow.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  10. #470
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure they are denied....polygamy is illegal in the us.
    No. Polygamist can have a religious marriage in a church. They just don't have a legally recognized marriage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •