View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 44 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #431
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I find it interesting that you left out the primary reason...religious belief. Did you not think that that was a viable option for the poll?

    For every religion that uses the Old Testament, marriage is the first ceremony and institution that is created and it was created by God and performed by God. You can't find a more holy ceremony and/or institution. It just doesn't exist.

    Yes, I know...tons of people have bastardized marriage in the past and some seem to think that is justification for continuing the improper trend. It is not.

    As for me, and a growing number of people, it is a violation of the First Amendment to regulate marriage in any manner. If I had my way, the government would drop all references to marriage. Then, if they chose, they could replace marriage with a secular social contract. That would not violate the First Amendment and it would provide a much easier path to the fairness you seek.
    Marriage in the sense it is being discussed is a legal contract, religion should have no place in this discussion.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #432
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,798

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Marriage in the sense it is being discussed is a legal contract, religion should have no place in this discussion.
    Our government is secular, religion has no place in *ANY* legal disussion.

    Too bad the religious can't get that through their heads.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #433
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    How so. If lesbian women can't marry women (as men do) and gay men can't marry men (as women do) then gays are being restricted from marrying their beloved.
    because marriage is not between a man and a man, or a woman and a woman...it's between a man and a woman, and all are equally allowed to engage in it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #434
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It would change the number of people, change the dynamics, change the laws extensively, with the way how people would get married, how things get passed on from one spouse to another, probably change the tax codes, how people get divorced etc. Allowing polygamy would drastically change the institution, while SSM would not, because none of that stuff will have to change when we allow SSM.
    So it's ok to ban it because it would be more difficult to regulate?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #435
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Our government is secular, religion has no place in *ANY* legal disussion.

    Too bad the religious can't get that through their heads.
    The religious have no say in government?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #436
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    because marriage is not between a man and a man, or a woman and a woman...it's between a man and a woman, and all are equally allowed to engage in it.
    Just because you say that doesn't mean it's Constitutional.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #437
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Marriage in the sense it is being discussed is a legal contract, religion should have no place in this discussion.
    According to you....unfortunately, you are not the only person it affects.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #438
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So it's ok to ban it because it would be more difficult to regulate?
    I'm not saying that, I'm saying that the two don't compare.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #439
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    According to you....unfortunately, you are not the only person it affects.
    Using religion as a reason to deny SSM is against the first amendment, and my religious rights.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #440
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I think it's going to be legalized despite everybody's feelings, and I bet I don't see 60 (7 years) before it happens.
    Oh it will be the only question is when, Id say 10 years MAX!
    It will be a proud day in AMERICA as we rid ourselves of one more discriminating practice. We will be closer to every man and woman are created equal and equal treatment, laws, rights, freedoms and liberties for all.

    Sadly in this case we wont be ahead of the curve.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •