View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 40 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It may not be an alternative lifestyle to them, but is to the majority of the world. I'm afraid no matter how emotional you attempt to make the argument, the right to marry somoene of the same gender is a new right, it is not the same as being able to marry someone of the opposite gender. Just like it is also illegal for me to marry two people of the opposite (or same) gender.

    It is what it is, and it is not what it is not.
    And I didn't attempt to emotionalize it. So why did you say I did.

  2. #392
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So...deciding that I am a polygamist and demanding my equal rights under the law is somehow different?
    Yes. Different is, in fact, what it is. Nobody vs. some people.

  3. #393
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And I didn't attempt to emotionalize it. So why did you say I did.
    Sure ya did, "It's who they are." That's emotional appeal.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #394
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yes. Different is, in fact, what it is. Nobody vs. some people.
    So Multiple marriage is different, but Same sex marriage is not different?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure ya did, "It's who they are." That's emotional appeal.
    No it's not. It is a statement of fact, given without infliction or emotion of any kind.

  6. #396
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So Multiple marriage is different, but Same sex marriage is not different?
    Yep.

    ......
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #397
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yep.

    ......
    Because you ordain it so? What's the reasoning?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #398
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So Multiple marriage is different, but Same sex marriage is not different?
    Multiple marriage is a right afforded to no one. Marriage to men is right afforded to some people. Marriage to women is right afforded to some people.

    To be fair, I think polygamy should be legal too, but the point is that marriage currently discriminates according to gender. Banning same-sex marriage discriminates, banning polygamy does not.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 05-30-11 at 09:08 PM.

  9. #399
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because you ordain it so? What's the reasoning?
    Because SSM, and opposite sex marriage are the same institution, with the same amount of people, the same benefits, same way to divorce etc, while polygamous marriage isn't.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #400
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Multiple marriage is a right afforded to no one. Marriage to men is right afforded to some people. Marriage to women is right afforded to some people.

    To be fair, I think polygamy should be legal too, but the point is that marriage currently discriminates according to gender. Banning same-sex marriage discriminates, banning polygamy does not.
    Current marriage laws do not discriminate, marriage is between one man and one woman and all men and women have equal right to engage in marriage.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •