View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 38 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #371
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I can't marry two women....marriage is between one man and one woman. What you are asking for is something new, it is not the same thing.
    Yes, but NOBODY can marry two women.

  2. #372
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I can't marry two women....marriage is between one man and one woman. What you are asking for is something new, it is not the same thing.
    But no one can marry two women. I can marry a man, you can't, you can marry a woman, I can't. We are both being denied something because of our sex, in which we had no choice in, and that is wrong. We are not asking for something new, just equal treatment under law.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #373
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yes, but NOBODY can marry two women.
    So...deciding that I am a polygamist and demanding my equal rights under the law is somehow different?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #374
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But no one can marry two women. I can marry a man, you can't, you can marry a woman, I can't. We are both being denied something because of our sex, in which we had no choice in, and that is wrong. We are not asking for something new, just equal treatment under law.
    The right to marry someone of the same sex is new...it's not the same as being able to marry someone of the opposite sex.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Do you think if you keep asking that question that I will change my mind?

    I really do not care if you change your mind.

    Marriage as it stands now is a special right seeing that it excludes gays. It is a right federally at least that only heterosexuals can exercise.

  6. #376
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The right to marry someone of the same sex is new...it's not the same as being able to marry someone of the opposite sex.
    The 14th amendment states that everyone is required to be treated under the law, and because of my sex, I can't do something a man can do, and vice versa. That is wrong, and unconstitutional.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #377
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I really do not care if you change your mind.

    Marriage as it stands now is a special right seeing that it excludes gays. It is a right federally at least that only heterosexuals can exercise.
    It doesn't exclude gays.
    They have the same right I do.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #378
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    You have deduced that gay's or the "gay lifestyle" is repulsive because you have for whatever reasons gone to a gay bar? Your argument is flawed because its based on circumstancial evidence at best, in a BAR.

    Why dont you go to a gentlemans club and stick some cash down a womans titties as she dances on that pole, or does the straight lifestyle disgust you?
    My answer actually has statistical evidence I posted. No one has posted anything even close. Now you try to base my whole argument on one answer when I have stated a few already. Intellectual dishonesty on your part at best. You asked "I was just wondering, what could you possibly know about this lifestyle you describe that is so horrendous and repulsive?" and I answered with one SPECIFIC location.

    You need to stick to the facts of what I say and stop making stuff up or putting words in my mouth so to speak.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    You're really good at avoiding questions.
    No. You are really good at avoiding my answers, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Fire away.
    Already have.

    Does not matter anyway because you are to busy trying to misrepresent what I say than actually debate anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #379
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The 14th amendment states that everyone is required to be treated under the law, and because of my sex, I can't do something a man can do, and vice versa. That is wrong, and unconstitutional.
    That's your interpretation of what it says....in actuality, the states have the right to categorize people....we've been over this.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #380
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It doesn't exclude gays.
    They have the same right I do.

    Yeah it does. For now on a federal level two men or two women do not have their marriages recognized. To say anything else is disingenuous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •