View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 36 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #351
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Please tell me your not one of those people who think wikipedia has a liberal bias
    I think it is biased yes. Not necessarily liberal or conservative. It does however lean to the politically correct crowed. I mean anyone can edit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #352
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    All of my conservative Wikipedia using and contributing friends would be shaking their heads right now.
    Like it would matter to me what your friends think?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Source?
    The fact that many homosexuals appear to live their lives in sexual overdrive does not seem to concern leaders in the movement. In an editorial from the same issue (August 15) in which the survey results were published, The Advocate said: “[Homosexuals] have been proud leaders in the sexual revolution that started in the 1960s, and we have rejected attempts by conservatives to demonize that part of who we are.” - Are ‘Gay’ Men More Promiscuous than Straights? » Americans for Truth

    The article from "The Advocate" has mysteriously been removed. I wonder why?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Sure, since it's just the same as saying "far too many straight men and women life an immoral and repulsive style of life". You're describing promiscuity, it's pretty simple.
    No I am not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #353
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then why do you assume this has anything to do with my contact with people who are gay?
    I was just wondering, what could you possibly know about this lifestyle you describe that is so horrendous and repulsive?

    This does not answer my question, but yes for many years.
    What imaginary question are you describing?

    Again does not answer my questions.

    Already have many times.
    Any GOOD reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaya'08
    So could you specify what exactly it is mean by "that lifestyle" and what is so "repulsive" about it.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-30-11 at 07:07 PM.

  4. #354
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I was just wondering, what could you possibly know about this lifestyle you describe that is so horrendous and repulsive?
    Go to any gay bar. I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    What imaginary question are you describing?
    How do you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Any GOOD reasons?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #355
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Go to any gay bar. I have.
    You have deduced that gay's or the "gay lifestyle" is repulsive because you have for whatever reasons gone to a gay bar? Your argument is flawed because its based on circumstancial evidence at best, in a BAR.

    Why dont you go to a gentlemans club and stick some cash down a womans titties as she dances on that pole, or does the straight lifestyle disgust you?

    How do you know?
    You're really good at avoiding questions.

    Yes.
    Fire away.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-30-11 at 07:14 PM.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Gay bars, straight bars - all young kids, feeling their oats. So what?

  7. #357
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post


    Yea keep em coming.
    Really? You found that insulting? Why?

  8. #358
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Go to any gay bar. I have.
    Why? If I even think it's a gay bar, I don't go in, largely because I'm not gay. Similarly, I don't go to cigar bars because I don't smoke cigars.

  9. #359
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    The fact that many homosexuals appear to live their lives in sexual overdrive does not seem to concern leaders in the movement. In an editorial from the same issue (August 15) in which the survey results were published, The Advocate said: “[Homosexuals] have been proud leaders in the sexual revolution that started in the 1960s, and we have rejected attempts by conservatives to demonize that part of who we are.” - Are ‘Gay’ Men More Promiscuous than Straights? » Americans for Truth

    The article from "The Advocate" has mysteriously been removed. I wonder why?
    What's missing from your source is a comparison to straight men and women.


    No I am not.
    Okay, then "gay lifestyle" is being promiscuous and the "black lifestyle" is being in jail. Thank you for clarifying. I respectfully disagree on many levels.

  10. #360
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Understandable. But why does that mean they shouldn't be able to get married.
    Technically, they can, just not to each other. If someone want's to explore an alternative lifestyle, fine...more power to em, but it doesn't mean they get special rights for doing so....IMO.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •