View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 35 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No, I am describing a gay life style that a much larger per capita group lives than in heterosexual circles.
    Source? Here's mine:

    A prevalent stereotype about gay men is that they are promiscuous and are either unwilling or unable to have enduring or long-term relationships. However, several surveys of gay men in the United States have shown that between 40 percent and 60 percent are involved in a steady relationship.[34] Research also suggests that a slightly higher proportion of lesbians than gay men may be in steady relationships.[35][36] A 2007 study reported that two large population surveys found "the majority of gay men had similar numbers of unprotected sexual partners annually as straight men and women."

    LGBT stereotypes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    I don't need to meet gay people. I work with them, live around them and I don't care who they sleep with. This does not change the disgust I feel for the life style among those I mentioned.
    Then you admit it isn't a "gay lifestyle", it's a "promiscuous lifestyle".

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    See this is what I mean. I am describing a majority subset or not. I read the surveys and live around em. I am not blind. I know what it is and how they portray themselves.

    I never said gay men= equal gay life style or anything close. I said a majority not all. I suppose this was also a mistake?
    And the problem is that saying "gay lifestyle" equates being gay with a lifestyle. There isn't a "gay lifestyle" because gay people live differently.

  2. #342
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Interesting comparison. This works against the contention that gay people don't see their sexuality as being any more important than straight people do.
    Again, depends on which gays we're talking about, and whether they're representative of gays as a whole. CT is referring to the gays that do, regardless of whether they be a minority or a majority.

    Although that particular post I think was just meant to be a nasty shot at religious folk.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  3. #343
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Let's not talk about your personal pole...or did you mean poll?
    You never know with Blackdog whether he meant that **** or if it's a Freudian slip.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #344
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Source? Here's mine:
    So if I use conservpedia you will accept that?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Then you admit it isn't a "gay lifestyle", it's a "promiscuous lifestyle".
    Ahhh no. One in the same for far to many.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    And the problem is that saying "gay lifestyle" equates being gay with a lifestyle. There isn't a "gay lifestyle" because gay people live differently.
    OK so if I said: Far to many gay men live an immoral and repulsive style of life." You would be OK with that?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-30-11 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh no, not when marriage becomes nothing more than a legal contract.
    That's what it is now. It's what the two parties bring to it that make it purely amazing.

  6. #346
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Let me ask you a few questions.

    How do you know I was always a Christian?
    Nobody was "always" a Christian.

    How do you know every place I have lived in my life?
    Can you say you have lived in a community with a significant gay presence and that you have befriended them and seen this so called lifestyle with your very own eyes?

    How do you know everyone I have encountered in my life?
    So could you specify what exactly it is mean by "that lifestyle" and what is so "repulsive" about it.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    BDBoop's true color = green.
    No, that's my favorite color.

  8. #348
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So if I use conservpedia you will accept that?
    Please tell me your not one of those people who think wikipedia has a liberal bias
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #349
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Nobody was "always" a Christian.
    Then why do you assume this has anything to do with my contact with people who are gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Can you say you have lived in a community with a significant gay presence and that you have befriended them and seen this so called lifestyle with your very own eyes?
    This does not answer my question, but yes for many years.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    So could you specify what exactly it is mean by "that lifestyle" and what is so "repulsive" about it.
    Again does not answer my questions.

    Already have many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So if I use conservpedia you will accept that?
    All of my conservative Wikipedia using and contributing friends would be shaking their heads right now.

    Ahhh no. One in the same for far to many.
    Source?

    OK so if I said: Far to many gay men live an immoral and repulsive style of life." You would be OK with that?
    Sure, since it's just the same as saying "far too many straight men and women life an immoral and repulsive style of life". You're describing promiscuity, it's pretty simple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •