View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #161
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Subtly is lost over the internetz.

    If so, sorry Jet.
    Your apology is not accepted.

    I will forever be angry at you.

  2. #162
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    A few points, lpast.

    1) What precisely is wrong with "normalizing the abnormal?"
    2) The single male loving their parents is an apples to oranges comparison.
    3) SSM is NOT merely about getting financial benefits.
    If your going to normalize the abnormal for one small group then you can expect other abnormal groups to expect the same and they would have a "RIGHT" to feel that way.

    A single person loving their parents is very much the same thing when it comes to passing on your social security and covering them with health benefits and tax breaks.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sorry, missed the question. I support human rights....I don't think that being gay gives you specific rights.
    What specific rights? Free speech, marriage, to own property?

  4. #164
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What specific rights? Free speech, marriage, to own property?
    The right to marry someone of the same gender.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #165
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    so you view marriage as just financial and nothing else? Please explain the logic behind that.
    also you do know you did EXACTLY what CC sai you would do, you spoke in absolutes based on your opinions and not logic or facts. Just saying.

    Anyway please continue, its interesting the SS thing you brought up though IMO that has nothing to do with gay marriage it seems you problem is with how SS is handled.
    Your putting words in my mouth..I didnt say marriage is merely financial, marriage is between a man and woman, homosexuals want to marry and recieve a financial benefit not afforded other groups outside the norm and single people that are the norm.
    CC only accepts as logic what he agrees with your apparently the same way...I could just as easily say and be right btw that yyou wanting two men to marry is ridiculous and illogical, see how easy it is to throw labels around just because you dont agree with a point of view?....everything I disagree with is going to illogical from now on and no one will present a logical argument because I dont agree...then i can be just like you and CC

    Anyway please continue, its interesting the SS thing you brought up though IMO that has nothing to do with gay marriage it seems you problem is with how SS is handled.

    It has everything to do with gay marriage...you allow homosexuals to marry and the surviving spouse gets their social security adding even more strain to a system that is broken.
    Last edited by lpast; 05-30-11 at 12:40 PM.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Their weddings are too fabulous and make our straight weddings pale in comparison.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The right to marry someone of the same gender.

    So discrimination based on gender is okay?

  8. #168
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sorry, missed the question. I support human rights....I don't think that being gay gives you specific rights.
    No biggie its hard sometimes when you are in multiple threads.

    Thanks for clearing that up, you just misspoke.

    So you actually do NOT believe they should be treated with the same dignity and respect as any other person.

    At least your honest.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  9. #169
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So discrimination based on gender is okay?
    How about discrimination based on Polygamy, or Incest...please...its NOT GENDER...its about them wanting to benefit share at a cost to other taxpayers and being afforded special treatment not afforded to other abnormal groups...

  10. #170
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If your going to normalize the abnormal for one small group then you can expect other abnormal groups to expect the same and they would have a "RIGHT" to feel that way.

    A single person loving their parents is very much the same thing when it comes to passing on your social security and covering them with health benefits and tax breaks.
    Not unless you can show that the single person planned to spend their life with their parents, using the money they earned to help in that support.

    There is a reason that SS works the way it does for married couples and that is because in many married relationships, it is very common for one person to be making most, if not all, of the money in the relationship while the other person takes care of the domestic responsibilities for the two of them and possibly their children (if there are any). Because of this sharing of responsibilities during the marriage, it is assumed by the government that the money was considered shared by the couple during the marriage and those SS benefits were technically from money that was earned during that time, so therefore it should be shared between the couple later in life.

    Trying to apply that to a person living with their parents would be different, since they are not going to be involved in the same sort of relationship. There could be an option for a similar contract like marriage to deal with those rare cases where it might happen, although, in a way it does for certain people who receive SS from their parents' work, while they are considered legally minors and their parents die. Such a contract shouldn't be called marriage though, since it is not involving the same aspects of marriage, including the expectation that the two will stay together for a good portion of their lives, despite who else may come along (which is not a logical expectation of any purely famial relationship, since it is generally accepted that children become independent of their family once they become adults).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •