View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 149 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #1481
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Trying to split hairs between the meaning of severed and separating is semantics, and you made the original distinction. I have argued that I support gay marriage, but ultimately this issue will likely remain deadlocked. Therefore I am arguing that hypothetically marriage has become useless, and somewhat of a laughing stock in today's society. Two people can achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney. So what use is it other than to create this drama? People aren't following the basic precepts of marriage anyhow, and divorce rates are still high. The same people who condemn gay marriage don't seem to have much of an issue with divorce.

    Jesus himself left no reference at all about gay marriage. All we have are the rantings of Paul. Like it or not, this does effect current laws concerning marriage, because-

    Marriage and religion are not completely separate.
    do you think I would fall for this deflection? who is arguing against your last statement? NOBODY lol thats you back pedaling and playing more semantics which you said you dont like. I said religion has NOTHING to do with LEGAL marriage and that fact wont change. I also said religion has everything to do with RELIGIOUS marriage but Legal Marriage and religious marriage are two totally separate things and thats a plain simple fact whether you accept it or not LMAO

    Sorry you are 100% wrong and no amount of twisting words will change that. Legal marriage and religious marriage are two separate things and the law and constitution makes it that way.
    Also "power of attorney" is not marriage and another separate issue.



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Most marriage licenses say something to the effect of: "You are hereby authorized to join together in the HOLY STATE of Matrimony..." and then it varies from there. It may be secular, but it is not entirely separate from religion.
    Funny my parents doesnt mention god or holy, like I said 100% separate unless the people involved dont want it that way but LEGALLY which is what we are talking about they are separate LMAO




    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Interesting because before you argued that you didn't believe that the relationship between religion and marriage was entire severed.
    do you not understand adjectives? LMAO
    LEGAL marriage is totally different thanReligious marriage, this fact hurts your feelings for some reason and I dont know why LMAO



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    But then you did argue that it was separate. Damn, semantics again.
    No its you trying to ignore the adjectives in front of marriage seems you have comprehension issues would you like me to quote myself?

    "Legal marriage and religious marriage are totally separate"
    "Religion has nothing to do with legal marriage."
    "Legal marriage has nothing to do with Religious marriage"
    "God and RELIGIOUS marriage are connected, God is MEANINGLESS to LEGAL marriage
    ."

    seems you have an issue with adjectives, Im guessing its because you falsely believe legal and religious marriage are the same and they are not, oh well lol

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    If God is meaningless to legal marriage, why can't gays marry?
    Gays can marry just not every where yet and the answer is the same as for why blacks couldnt marry whites in the past. Selfish and or bigoted people.



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Codswallop. I haven't changed my stance a single time in this thread. I am only offering up a hypothetical situation. What if marriage wasn't a civil issue? That was my original premise. Why should it be? Any protections people are seeking in marriage for can be done by other means.
    Well it IS a civil issue and marriage makes it EASIER to get those rights and protections than the MANY other courses you have to take up and those currently arent as concrete. Many legal documents have been defeated by LEGAL family. Marriage makes your spouse LEGAL family and therefor more concrete and protected.

    Removing legal marriage at this point is time is a meaningless debate because its never going to happen its unreasonable and irrational to think its an option.




    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    W-T-H? Now you're splitting hairs over how I tell you that I don't care about ad populum based arguments. Brilliant.
    thanks I know



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    You must have missed the entire point of every last one of my posts. No matter.
    I didnt miss them at all, in fact I hit everyone out the park, you just didn't like it

    Yesterday, right now and tomorrow, Legal marriage is totally separate form religious marriage. FACT
    They only go together if the people getting married want them to and even then LEGALLY it doesnt matter.





    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I already mentioned that people could request that God not be mentioned. And also, marriage isn't necessary for anyone's protection. If the tax status was removed, the "extras" wouldn't be an issue.
    And actually, the government provides incentives for social behavior using these tax benefits and so on. That's one of the many reasons I would rather the government not be involved an people's relationships at all. It's about control.
    you're right except taxes marriage offers no protections LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1482
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    do you think I would fall for this deflection?
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. What deflection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    who is arguing against your last statement? NOBODY lol thats you back pedaling and playing more semantics which you said you dont like.
    You seem to be arguing with every last point I make, which is odd since I have clearly argued in favor of gay marriage, and only offered a hypothetical situation in which marriage was no longer a civil issue. If religion and civil marriage are not connected in some way, I doubt gay marriage would be such a controversial issue. After all, any sensible person has to admit that gay marriage isn't a threat to society. But it does offend them religiously. Those people vote, unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I said religion has NOTHING to do with LEGAL marriage and that fact wont change. I also said religion has everything to do with RELIGIOUS marriage but Legal Marriage and religious marriage are two totally separate things and thats a plain simple fact whether you accept it or not LMAO
    Yes, I noticed that you attempted to make that distinction. The problem is, my point still stands. Religious people affect policies which influences civil laws. Otherwise, why can't gays get married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Sorry you are 100% wrong and no amount of twisting words will change that. Legal marriage and religious marriage are two separate things and the law and constitution makes it that way.
    The only one twisting words here is you. But it does look like you're getting a good laugh, at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Also "power of attorney" is not marriage and another separate issue.
    No ****. I didn't say power of attorney was marriage. I said people can get many of the same benefits with a power of attorney.



    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post

    Funny my parents doesnt mention god or holy, like I said 100% separate unless the people involved dont want it that way but LEGALLY which is what we are talking about they are separate LMAO
    Holy Matrimony is used because of the relationship between marriage and religion.



    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post

    do you not understand adjectives? LMAO
    Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LEGAL marriage is totally different thanReligious marriage, this fact hurts your feelings for some reason and I dont know why LMAO
    I don't know why you're laughing your ass off, either. Being different has nothing to do with having a relationship.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post


    No its you trying to ignore the adjectives in front of marriage seems you have comprehension issues would you like me to quote myself?

    "Legal marriage and religious marriage are totally separate"
    "Religion has nothing to do with legal marriage."
    "Legal marriage has nothing to do with Religious marriage"
    "God and RELIGIOUS marriage are connected, God is MEANINGLESS to LEGAL marriage
    ."

    seems you have an issue with adjectives, Im guessing its because you falsely believe legal and religious marriage are the same and they are not, oh well lol
    No issues here, thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Gays can marry just not every where yet and the answer is the same as for why blacks couldnt marry whites in the past. Selfish and or bigoted people.





    Well it IS a civil issue and marriage makes it EASIER to get those rights and protections than the MANY other courses you have to take up and those currently arent as concrete. Many legal documents have been defeated by LEGAL family. Marriage makes your spouse LEGAL family and therefor more concrete and protected.

    Removing legal marriage at this point is time is a meaningless debate because its never going to happen its unreasonable and irrational to think its an option.






    thanks I know
    For every benefit of marriage, there are problems. It seems as if something so beneficial, in fact, has generally fallen out of style.



    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post

    I didnt miss them at all, in fact I hit everyone out the park, you just didn't like it

    Yesterday, right now and tomorrow, Legal marriage is totally separate form religious marriage. FACT
    They only go together if the people getting married want them to and even then LEGALLY it doesnt matter.
    You've missed a critical point. Gays cannot marry because those bigots you mentioned earlier believe that homosexuality is a sin. It offends their religious sensibilities. The Moral Majority is influential. That is the main connection I am trying to get you to comprehend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post






    you're right except taxes marriage offers no protections LMAO
    Can you please reword that last sentence? I have no clue what you were trying to say here LMAO.

    just kidding.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  3. #1483
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Badly worded poll. The "wrongness" of something is not the basis for legality. You can believe it is both wrong but still legal. In my opinion, we should completely remove government from all marriage activities and leave it to private contracts. You shouldn't have to get a marriage license from government to be "officially" married.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  4. #1484
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. What deflection?
    You trying ti change what I said or saying things nobody argued is the deflection.
    You closed with "Marriage and religion are not completely separate"

    Well nobody said they were LOL what was said is that LEGAL marriage and Religious marriage are separate and that fact stands


    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    You seem to be arguing with every last point I make, which is odd since I have clearly argued in favor of gay marriage, and only offered a hypothetical situation in which marriage was no longer a civil issue. If religion and civil marriage are not connected in some way, I doubt gay marriage would be such a controversial issue. After all, any sensible person has to admit that gay marriage isn't a threat to society. But it does offend them religiously. Those people vote, unfortunately.
    Whether you are for it or not doesnt change the inaccuracy of what you said. LOL

    And I know people that are against it religiously but would never stop it because they are smart enough to understand how america works and arent pompous enough or bigoted enough to actually believe its any of their business.

    It is a shame hypocrites get to vote but again thats meaningless to the topic at hand and Id never take away their right to vote because they are hypocrites.


    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Yes, I noticed that you attempted to make that distinction. The problem is, my point still stands. Religious people affect policies which influences civil laws. Otherwise, why can't gays get married?
    No your original point does NOT stand by any stretch of the imagination. Your original point is 100% false. You could try to CHANGE it now or give qualifiers or move the goal post or better explain but what you originally said is false. Religious people do affect polices, thats true, but not what you said. So do crazy people, old people, young people, gay people, criminals, racists, etc etc. whats you point?

    Also its not me, I am not attempting to make any distinction, the facts make them different period, It has nothing to do with me lol

    Heres an example of how your logic is broken, you ask the question if religion isnt tied to legal marriage why cant gays get married. You think this is solid logic and means something, it doesnt.

    Well lets apply your "logic" in reverse, if religion is tied to legal marriage how come religious ceremonies alone don't make you legally married?

    Ill give you 3 guess but a smart person only needs one



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    The only one twisting words here is you. But it does look like you're getting a good laugh, at least.
    Nope I'm stating facts you are trying to dance around them, play words games and offer semantics, but I do agree with you it is cracking me up lol




    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    No ****. I didn't say power of attorney was marriage. I said people can get many of the same benefits with a power of attorney.

    whoooooa are you cussing now are you mad? LOL
    Nope that is NOT what you said, THIS is EXACTLY what you said "Two people can achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney."

    This is NOT true, two people can not achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney UNLESS you simply ignore some and leave some out.

    are you sure you dont try to change what you say and play semantics. hahaha


    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Holy Matrimony is used because of the relationship between marriage and religion.
    Thats nice thanks for that info to bad its not used in all LEGAL marriages and certainly isnt required lol





    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Do you?
    obviously thats why im stating facts and you are confused, im honestly trying to help you

    Its hard for me to believe that you dont understand these facts I honestly believe you are just F'in with me LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I don't know why you're laughing your ass off, either. Being different has nothing to do with having a relationship.
    Im laughing cause you are funny and this one is funny too LOL "relationship"

    is this your NEW buzz word and the semantics you are going to play now. Are you going to say legal and religious marriage have a "relationship" LOL

    is that what we are going with, is this the new back pedal? Well guess wat gays have a relationship with marriage and religion then too??

    Im REALLY not trying to be a smart ass but posts ago you said semantics were "boring" but yet its almost all you have been offering???




    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    No issues here, thanks.
    Good im glad you agree with the facts now then




    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    For every benefit of marriage, there are problems. It seems as if something so beneficial, in fact, has generally fallen out of style.
    You are welcome to this opinion but it has nothing to do with the topic.






    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    You've missed a critical point. Gays cannot marry because those bigots you mentioned earlier believe that homosexuality is a sin. It offends their religious sensibilities. The Moral Majority is influential. That is the main connection I am trying to get you to comprehend.
    I didnt miss it, I comprehend it just fine, problem is they (religious/legal marriage) are still separate whether those people feel that way or not.



    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Can you please reword that last sentence? I have no clue what you were trying to say here LMAO.

    just kidding.
    Are you gonna be mad if I correct you again? I dont think You want me to reword it, I think you want me to add commas

    I have HORRIBLE typing issues cause I'm usually doing many thing while on here and my brain is a way ahead of my fingers. I leave out parenthesis, commas, periods etc all the time. :/

    here ill make it proper "You're right, except taxes, marriage offers no protections "

    Also dont feel attacked cause thats not what Im trying to do, I just think you misspoke and instead of saying so, you tried to reworded it, and the jerk that I am I wouldnt let you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1485
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    You trying ti change what I said or saying things nobody argued is the deflection.
    You closed with "Marriage and religion are not completely separate"
    Well nobody said they were LOL what was said is that LEGAL marriage and Religious marriage are separate and that fact stands
    And I'm still telling you that they are not completely separate. No one can deny religion's influence over civil policy. I could give examples of other civil laws influenced by religion but that would derail this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Whether you are for it or not doesnt change the inaccuracy of what you said. LOL

    And I know people that are against it religiously but would never stop it because they are smart enough to understand how america works and arent pompous enough or bigoted enough to actually believe its any of their business.
    Unfortunately, reasonable people don't make up the majority of the population, especially amongst the religious. That being said, there are some religious people who believe in liberty. Good for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    It is a shame hypocrites get to vote but again thats meaningless to the topic at hand and Id never take away their right to vote because they are hypocrites.
    No one's talking about taking away someone's right to vote, but I am expressing my disappointment that so many idiots do vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    No your original point does NOT stand by any stretch of the imagination. Your original point is 100% false. You could try to CHANGE it now or give qualifiers or move the goal post or better explain but what you originally said is false. Religious people do affect polices, thats true, but not what you said. So do crazy people, old people, young people, gay people, criminals, racists, etc etc. whats you point?
    There is no point at this juncture. You clearly have no intention of considering other ideas than your own, especially hypothetical ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Also its not me, I am not attempting to make any distinction, the facts make them different period, It has nothing to do with me lol
    You are wrong. Influence counts much more than many people are apparently willing to consider. If people do not support a gay person's right to marry, they are likely voting against that. Their religious beliefs then pollute civil laws. It happens. Although there is a distinction between marriage and religion, they are not completely separate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Heres an example of how your logic is broken, you ask the question if religion isnt tied to legal marriage why cant gays get married. You think this is solid logic and means something, it doesnt.

    Well lets apply your "logic" in reverse, if religion is tied to legal marriage how come religious ceremonies alone don't make you legally married?

    Ill give you 3 guess but a smart person only needs one
    I'm sorry, but I'm in no mood for your games. Since we don't live in a Theocracy, religious figures cannot make civil law. duh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Nope I'm stating facts you are trying to dance around them, play words games and offer semantics, but I do agree with you it is cracking me up lol

    whoooooa are you cussing now are you mad? LOL
    Cussing isn't always a sign of anger. But I'm guessing you already know that. Your attempt at flamebait is rather weak here, and I do wish that we could return to the topic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Nope that is NOT what you said, THIS is EXACTLY what you said "Two people can achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney."
    There's not much that one cannot do with a power of attorney.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    This is NOT true, two people can not achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney UNLESS you simply ignore some and leave some out.
    Which ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    are you sure you dont try to change what you say and play semantics. hahaha
    Thats nice thanks for that info to bad its not used in all LEGAL marriages and certainly isnt required lol
    obviously thats why im stating facts and you are confused, im honestly trying to help you
    I seriously doubt that. You're trying to illicit a negative reaction from me. Sorry, not going to play. Imo, I have demonstrated how civil marriage is not completely separate from religion because of its influences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Its hard for me to believe that you dont understand these facts I honestly believe you are just F'in with me LOL
    I'm only trying to have a discussion here.




    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    is this your NEW buzz word and the semantics you are going to play now. Are you going to say legal and religious marriage have a "relationship" LOL
    I've tried several other adjectives. None seem to get my point across.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    is that what we are going with, is this the new back pedal? Well guess wat gays have a relationship with marriage and religion then too??

    Im REALLY not trying to be a smart ass but posts ago you said semantics were "boring" but yet its almost all you have been offering???
    Bull patties. Of course you're trying to be a smart ass, although you're doing it rather poorly.

    Nothing happens in a vacuum. Gays influence marriage-which is why gay marriage has come up on the ballot at all. The religious also influence marriage which is why gays can't marry. Right now, religion has more of an influence over civil law than reasonable discourse. This is why, out of frustration, I have tried to come up with scenarios where the government simply has no control of personal relationships.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Good im glad you agree with the facts now then



    You are welcome to this opinion but it has nothing to do with the topic.





    I didnt miss it, I comprehend it just fine, problem is they (religious/legal marriage) are still separate whether those people feel that way or not.
    Then you dismiss the importance of influence. Fine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Are you gonna be mad if I correct you again?

    More flamebait. What's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I dont think You want me to reword it, I think you want me to add commas

    I have HORRIBLE typing issues cause I'm usually doing many thing while on here and my brain is a way ahead of my fingers. I leave out parenthesis, commas, periods etc all the time. :/

    here ill make it proper "You're right, except taxes, marriage offers no protections "
    o.k.

    Dishonest interpretation of what I said. Completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Also dont feel attacked cause thats not what Im trying to do, I just think you misspoke and instead of saying so, you tried to reworded it, and the jerk that I am I wouldnt let you
    Sure.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  6. #1486
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    And I'm still telling you that they are not completely separate. No one can deny religion's influence over civil policy. I could give examples of other civil laws influenced by religion but that would derail this thread.


    Unfortunately, reasonable people don't make up the majority of the population, especially amongst the religious. That being said, there are some religious people who believe in liberty. Good for them.



    No one's talking about taking away someone's right to vote, but I am expressing my disappointment that so many idiots do vote.



    There is no point at this juncture. You clearly have no intention of considering other ideas than your own, especially hypothetical ones.



    You are wrong. Influence counts much more than many people are apparently willing to consider. If people do not support a gay person's right to marry, they are likely voting against that. Their religious beliefs then pollute civil laws. It happens. Although there is a distinction between marriage and religion, they are not completely separate.



    I'm sorry, but I'm in no mood for your games. Since we don't live in a Theocracy, religious figures cannot make civil law. duh.




    Cussing isn't always a sign of anger. But I'm guessing you already know that. Your attempt at flamebait is rather weak here, and I do wish that we could return to the topic.




    There's not much that one cannot do with a power of attorney.



    Which ones?



    I seriously doubt that. You're trying to illicit a negative reaction from me. Sorry, not going to play. Imo, I have demonstrated how civil marriage is not completely separate from religion because of its influences.



    I'm only trying to have a discussion here.






    I've tried several other adjectives. None seem to get my point across.



    Bull patties. Of course you're trying to be a smart ass, although you're doing it rather poorly.

    Nothing happens in a vacuum. Gays influence marriage-which is why gay marriage has come up on the ballot at all. The religious also influence marriage which is why gays can't marry. Right now, religion has more of an influence over civil law than reasonable discourse. This is why, out of frustration, I have tried to come up with scenarios where the government simply has no control of personal relationships.




    Then you dismiss the importance of influence. Fine.





    More flamebait. What's the point?



    o.k.

    Dishonest interpretation of what I said. Completely.



    Sure.
    Wow dude just give up, you were wrong, get over if. No amount of back pedaling or moving the goal post is going to change that. Since you just wish to play games Ill just state the facts again.



    Heres the FACTS, not my opinion, that you can not change:
    "Legal marriage and religious marriage are totally separate" Fact
    "Religion has nothing to do with legal marriage." Fact
    "Legal marriage has nothing to do with Religious marriage" Fact
    "God and RELIGIOUS marriage are connected, God is MEANINGLESS to LEGAL marriage." Fact

    you were also wrong when you said

    "Two people can achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney."

    this is wrong as power of attorney does not give you all the rights currently under marriage with out tax status


    Now that those FACTS are out of the way, if you want to move the goal post, reword things, talk in hypotheticals etc etc thats fine, feel free to do that now but the above facts wont change and Ill gladly talk "hypotheticals" once you acknowledge the facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Badly worded poll. The "wrongness" of something is not the basis for legality. You can believe it is both wrong but still legal. In my opinion, we should completely remove government from all marriage activities and leave it to private contracts. You shouldn't have to get a marriage license from government to be "officially" married.
    The poll was worded just fine. I am talking to people who believe SSM is wrong.

  8. #1488
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Wow dude just give up, you were wrong, get over if. No amount of back pedaling or moving the goal post is going to change that. Since you just wish to play games Ill just state the facts again.
    Thanks for posting that. It makes your intentions obvious, and I no longer need to waste my time trying to have a discussion with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Heres the FACTS, not my opinion, that you can not change:
    "Legal marriage and religious marriage are totally separate" Fact
    "Religion has nothing to do with legal marriage." Fact
    "Legal marriage has nothing to do with Religious marriage" Fact
    "God and RELIGIOUS marriage are connected, God is MEANINGLESS to LEGAL marriage." Fact
    Simply repeating incorrect statements while ignoring earlier points doesn't make anything fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you were also wrong when you said

    "Two people can achieve the legal rights currently allowed under marriage (without special tax status) by signing a power of attorney."

    this is wrong as power of attorney does not give you all the rights currently under marriage with out tax status
    How so? That's right, you really don't know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Now that those FACTS are out of the way, if you want to move the goal post, reword things, talk in hypotheticals etc etc thats fine, feel free to do that now but the above facts wont change and Ill gladly talk "hypotheticals" once you acknowledge the facts.
    I wont bother to discuss new ideas or hypothetical situations with people who can't comprehend them.

    Have a good day.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #1489
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Thanks for posting that. It makes your intentions obvious, and I no longer need to waste my time trying to have a discussion with you.

    Simply repeating incorrect statements while ignoring earlier points doesn't make anything fact.


    How so? That's right, you really don't know.


    I wont bother to discuss new ideas or hypothetical situations with people who can't comprehend them.
    Have a good day.


    Thanks for conceding since I stated legal facts and you had nothing but "hypotheticals" LMAO

    Your "points" dont change the facts and thats the reality, sorry you cant understand that.

    I DARE you to disprove the above legal facts, until you can prove them wrong you have NOTHING I have asked over and over again and all you offered were semantics and hypotheticals. Well sorry I need FACTS that the legal facts stated were wrong and you couldnt do it.

    Not my fault you said things untrue and THEN said "oh wait I dont REALLY mean them I mean in theory or hypothetically"

    Oh and just to put MORE egg on your face with your other WRONG statement, you said I don't know any way power of attorney can't give you the rights and protection of a marriage. LOL Well even though some were already stated in this thread earlier and you DODGED them like every other fact, Ill state one for you.

    Can power of attorney stop spouses from testifying against one another? NOPE!


    Like I said the facts don't change whether you agree or not, they are funny like that. So you believe what you want because in REALITY and not fantasy hypothetical world, the facts dont care.

    You also have a good day, I know I will
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1490
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Anyhow, I think the over abundance of emoticons and ego are using up too much bandwidth here. Besides, no sources have been presented which disproves a single point that I made, nor were specific points properly addressed. ah well..it's a sunny day where I'm at so I guess I'm off to enjoy it. btw, laws concerning whether spouses are required to testify against each other also vary by state.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •