View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 133 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #1321
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I believe that's what I just said, yes. Thank you for reiterating it, I suppose. Not sure what your point is though.
    That's how EPC works. If you don't reach the necessary levels then you are unconstitutionally discriminating. I'm not sure how you were attempting to suggest that the fact the state couldn't provide evidence necessary due to the EPC to justify the discrimination somehow proves that arguing against it for gender reasons can't work.

  2. #1322
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Gays can't marry someone they're attracted to, but neither can siblings.
    One group wrongly being denied their rights doesn't make it okay to wrongly deny the rights of another group.

  3. #1323
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Gay marriage does-not-compare to incest. jeez, does the opposing side have any arguments at all? I mean it's almost as if there's a record playing itself over and over.

    What harm does gay marriage pose to society? -right, none. Moving on. What harm does incest pose to society? Genetic disorders. There's a difference, and trying pretend that there's not is disingenuous.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #1324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    One group wrongly being denied their rights doesn't make it okay to wrongly deny the rights of another group.
    You're saying siblings are being wrongly denied their right to marry.

    You aren't presenting anything unique to SSM which distinguishes it from any other form of objectionable marriage.

  5. #1325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Gay marriage does-not-compare to incest.
    If SSM is so uniqu, why isn't anyone offering those atributes uniqu to SSM?

    Capt'n C's post 1155 claims:
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In the case of marriage, being hetero gives you special rights that gays do not have. Straights can marry someone they are attracted to. Gay cannot.
    ...here he argues that everyone should be allowed to marry just anyone they're attracted to. If his premise is true, then as per the 14th amendment it must necessarily apply to all classes equally, to include the federally protected class of familial relation.

    You can't support one and deny another without compromising your integrity. It's an old trap you pro-SSM keep falling for.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    jeez, does the opposing side have any arguments at all? I mean it's almost as if there's a record playing itself over and over.
    I agree. Why do you people keep bringing up all the same old failed arguments, instead of the one pro-SSM argument which wins every time it's used?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    What harm does gay marriage pose to society? -right, none.
    It condones and perpetuates the 50% divorce rate by ignoring the root problems in favor of fostering class warfare over topics we don't actually disagree on. It's a social divide and conquer.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Moving on. What harm does incest pose to society? Genetic disorders. There's a difference, and trying pretend that there's not is disingenuous.
    In order to support a ban on incest and maintain your integrity, you must also support banning any couple with inheritable genetic disorders and similar. Such a ban is not in place today, and harms far more people than incest.

  6. #1326
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If SSM is so uniqu, why isn't anyone offering those atributes uniqu to SSM?
    There is 30 years of evidence showing that same sex couples can raise children as well as opposite sex couples.

    There is no evidence that incest couples can raise children well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I agree. Why do you people keep bringing up all the same old failed arguments, instead of the one pro-SSM argument which wins every time it's used?
    Okay. How about, if you don't like same sex marriage, then don't marry someone of the same sex?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 06-02-11 at 02:13 AM.

  7. #1327
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,756

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why would they not be shared by polygamy?
    I think I explained this. If I did not, I have a post from a while back that does that I can repost.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1328
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,756

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't think you have shot it to smithereens, and I'm straight and I can't marry everyone I am attracted to.
    I figured you would go with that explanation. So, of course I have a prepared rebuttal.

    If you and another are attracted to each other and want to get married to each other, you can. If a two gay people are attracted to each other and want to get married to each other, they cannot. Straights have the right to marry who they are attracted to, in these circumstances, and gays do not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #1329
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,756

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Telll that to SB75....
    Does SB75 equal a lot of people?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1330
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,756

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    My position is faith based, you are absolutely right. Beyond that I don't see it as discrimination (which may be changing), and I won't ignore the moral fabric harm that most don't feel has any merit. You can call it slippery slope, domino effect, or anything you like. The fact is, many civil rights advances have had unforseen effects to marraige and society and this one will too.
    Good. Your position is faith based. I respect that. I also do not see it, really from a discrimination standpoint. I argue from a family position, though I see the discrimination argument, too.

    And many civil rights advances have had POSITVE affects on society. The only negative I see from SSM is that some people, who have nothing to do with marry a gay person, won't like it. To me, that is irrelevant in prohibiting it. If someone doesn't like what I do, but it has no logistical affect on them, other than they don't like it, are offended by it, it harms their sensibilities, or is against their religion, I do not care. None of those are valid reasons for preventing ME from doing something.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •