View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 132 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #1311
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, you were saying that if someone argues for something in one case they must argue it in EVERY OTHER CASE regardless of any differences they may have, or else they're a hypocrite.

    Which is retarded.
    actually I wasn't arguing anything of the sort.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #1312
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Depends on the reasons. If it's because you think it is icky, I agree. but if you can show just cause, then do so. As we're speaking of same sex marriage here, that is what you need to do. Show just cause to prevent it. There's an incest thread elsewhere.

    But, here, you're just diverting, using the slippery slope fallacy.
    haven't been paying attention have we? I support gay marriage
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #1313
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    actually I wasn't arguing anything of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    but the main arguement for SSM is EQUAL RIGHTS for gays. I'm just saying it is hypocritical to bleat for equal rights for gays and then argue against equal rights for another group.
    (Ten Characters)

  4. #1314
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    (Ten Characters)
    and? what language are you speaking if you interpret that as me arguing that everything must be equal in every case?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #1315
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,773
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Moderator's Warning:
    SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?Final warning - stick to the topic, cease with the personal attacks, baiting, flaming and one-liners or else.

  6. #1316
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    haven't been paying attention have we? I support gay marriage
    Good, but that doesn't change much I said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    They failed to reach the necessary level to justify the discrimination under equal protection.
    I believe that's what I just said, yes. Thank you for reiterating it, I suppose. Not sure what your point is though.

  8. #1318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In the case of marriage, being hetero gives you special rights that gays do not have. Straights can marry someone they are attracted to. Gay cannot.
    Gays can't marry someone they're attracted to, but neither can siblings.

    What uniquely homosexual attributes set SSM apart from any other form of marriage? I'm not saying there are non, I'm saying you need to base your argument on those attributes.

    Changing gears: I already oppose ruffly 50% of all hetero marriages. If gays are no different than heteros, I therefore automatically oppose ruffly 50% of all SSMs for the exact same reasons.

  9. #1319
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Gays can't marry someone they're attracted to, but neither can siblings.

    What uniquely homosexual attributes set SSM apart from any other form of marriage? I'm not saying there are non, I'm saying you need to base your argument on those attributes.

    Changing gears: I already oppose ruffly 50% of all hetero marriages. If gays are no different than heteros, I therefore automatically oppose ruffly 50% of all SSMs for the exact same reasons.
    Well that means you could accept roughly 50% of SSM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #1320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well that means you could accept roughly 50% of SSM.
    Absolutely.

    Now if only the sheople of America would stop looking at social issues through the rose colored glasses of class-warfare, we could solve some problems quickly and move on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •