View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 131 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #1301
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    silly me, I thought equal protection under the law applied to all US citizens.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #1302
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes. But there you go again Oscar, using a strawman like you always do. Where did I ever say that order of importance is a universal scale?

    Based on my own judgements, same sex marriage is of more importance to rectify in regards to a constitutional issues than incest for reasons I've stated.

    Now, for someone else, it may be entirely different. They may find it FAR more important to argue about incest. And more power to them. Everyone decides what's most important in their mind based on the criteria they set forth.

    Others may not care about social issues AT ALL and focus only on things like budgets and defense. That's also legitimate.

    However, you will not show me a single solitary individual on this forum...including yourself...who argues equal time, with equal passion, every single solitary issue that they believe is of even the smallest amount of importance in this country. Because its not physically possible while living an actual real life.
    all I'm arguing is equal rights.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #1303
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    got it, so gays should have the same rights as straights, but to hell with polygamists and practicioners of incest
    You're not really arguing equal rights. you're trying to side step the the gay rights issue. Many ahve tried to sue this slippery slope (fallacy) argument. The point is, each stands on its own merit. They can, and likely should, be discussed separately. If there is no just cause, not just icky, then they should be allowed. If not, not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1304
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The "right to contract" is regulated in a number of ways. That's not convienient, thats truth, whether or not it has anything to do with SSM.
    They are. There are fradulent protections, protections for minors, you can't do something that's illegal, etc. But the restraints and force have to be properly justified. I don't see how keeping same sex couples from entering into contract when other couples can is justifiable.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #1305
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're not really arguing equal rights. you're trying to side step the the gay rights issue. Many ahve tried to sue this slippery slope (fallacy) argument. The point is, each stands on its own merit. They can, and likely should, be discussed separately. If there is no just cause, not just icky, then they should be allowed. If not, not.
    wrong. I am saying if you are going to argue for equal rights for gays, then you shouldn't agrue against equal rights for anyone else
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #1306
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wrong. I am saying if you are going to argue for equal rights for gays, then you shouldn't agrue against equal rights for anyone else
    Depends on the reasons. If it's because you think it is icky, I agree. but if you can show just cause, then do so. As we're speaking of same sex marriage here, that is what you need to do. Show just cause to prevent it. There's an incest thread elsewhere.

    But, here, you're just diverting, using the slippery slope fallacy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wrong. I am saying if you are going to argue for equal rights for gays, then you shouldn't agrue against equal rights for anyone else
    Nobody is ...

  8. #1308
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Same sex marriage bans easily meet gender discrimination, which is middle tier since sex is a protected class.
    You didn't say same sex marriage, you said gay marriage.

    "Gay Marriage" suggests allowing homosexuals to marry, identifying that homosexuals are being discriminated against.

    Homosexuals are a bottom teir protected class at this point in time under the EPC.

    Same Sex Marriage, technically, has jack squat to do with homosexuality or "gay" marriage. It simply in the process would allow homosexuals to potentially get married to their lover, but is not about "gay marriage".

  9. #1309
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wrong. I am saying if you are going to argue for equal rights for gays, then you shouldn't agrue against equal rights for anyone else
    Actually, you were saying that if someone argues for something in one case they must argue it in EVERY OTHER CASE regardless of any differences they may have, or else they're a hypocrite.

    Which is retarded.

  10. #1310
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Nobody is ...
    yeah right.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •