View Poll Results: Same-sex marriage is wrong because

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It isn't, and should be available to all gay couples

    77 68.14%
  • Being gay is wrong, so they can't get married

    16 14.16%
  • The sanctity of marriage. No, I wasn't laughing. I was coughing. *cough* ... see?

    4 3.54%
  • It will set a bad example for Christian youth

    0 0%
  • I don't honestly have a good reason, but I still say no

    1 0.88%
  • Other (please explain)

    15 13.27%
Page 124 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1577

Thread: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

  1. #1231
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    this "debate" has become a circle jerk. There's no possible way that homosexuals should be compared to child molesters.

    Incest and homosexuality also don't compare because offspring cannot result from a homosexual pair. Children resulting from unions between father and daughter, mother and son, brother and sister, aside from being utterly revolting also present harm to society because of genetic disorders.
    It would be nice if the same arguments weren't being regurgitated over and over.
    By all means, please explain how gay marriage will harm society. Meanwhile, people can keep their misguided religious sentiments to themselves. Religion and government do not mix.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #1232
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Isn't kitchen sinking fun?

    You decide to address every other issue but SSM, then you get to deal with the fallout.
    run forrest run. I made a specific point countering a another specific point. if you are going to say incest isn't an important issue because it only affects a small % of people, then you should also say gay marriage isn't an important issue because it also only affects a small % of people.

    consistancy. if you are going to cry for equal rights...then cry for equal rights for EVERYONE, not just your select favorite minority group.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #1233
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    this "debate" has become a circle jerk. There's no possible way that homosexuals should be compared to child molesters.

    Incest and homosexuality also don't compare because offspring cannot result from a homosexual pair. Children resulting from unions between father and daughter, mother and son, brother and sister, aside from being utterly revolting also present harm to society because of genetic disorders.
    It would be nice if the same arguments weren't being regurgitated over and over.
    By all means, please explain how gay marriage will harm society. Meanwhile, people can keep their misguided religious sentiments to themselves. Religion and government do not mix.
    who said anything about child molestors?

    who said father/daughter, mother/son, brother/sister couplings had to lead to children?

    a dude ****ing his sister causes no more harm to society than does some dude sucking another guy's cock in a truckstop restroom.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #1234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    run forrest run. I made a specific point countering a another specific point. if you are going to say incest isn't an important issue because it only affects a small % of people, then you should also say gay marriage isn't an important issue because it also only affects a small % of people.

    consistancy. if you are going to cry for equal rights...then cry for equal rights for EVERYONE, not just your select favorite minority group.
    The subject is same sex marriage. PLEASE. Stick to the topic. You don't even oppose same sex marriage.

  5. #1235
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The subject is same sex marriage. PLEASE. Stick to the topic. You don't even oppose same sex marriage.
    but the main arguement for SSM is EQUAL RIGHTS for gays. I'm just saying it is hypocritical to bleat for equal rights for gays and then argue against equal rights for another group.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #1236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    but the main arguement for SSM is EQUAL RIGHTS for gays. I'm just saying it is hypocritical to bleat for equal rights for gays and then argue against equal rights for another group.
    1) It's not hypocritical

    2) I couldn't bleat if my life depended on it

    3) that subject has no bearing on this one

  7. #1237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    but the main arguement for SSM is EQUAL RIGHTS for gays. I'm just saying it is hypocritical to bleat for equal rights for gays and then argue against equal rights for another group.

    You could always start a thread about it if that is your concern.

  8. #1238
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    but the main arguement for SSM is EQUAL RIGHTS for gays. I'm just saying it is hypocritical to bleat for equal rights for gays and then argue against equal rights for another group.
    It is only hypocritical if there are the exact same arguments for both, with no additional arguments for or against one or the other. This is not the case when comparing incest to SSM. They do not contain the exact same arguments all the way through.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #1239
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Maybe you should go back and read my other arguments on this. Those arguments explained how exactly the law should consider both the possible discrimination (which is based on the limited number of people per contract and limited number of contracts) with how allowing it could harm someone else. Plus, I included in one of my posts why it could not be considered religious discrimination.

    I am not going to repost every argument I make for anything into one single point. You should be considering all of my aruments when you comment, not just one at a time, otherwise you are not being honest about what I am arguing.
    I'll consider what I want to consider, and gloss over what I think is irrelevant. I'll reply to that which I find interesting. If you don't like that, don't post.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1240
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SSM (Same-sex marriage) is wrong because?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'll consider what I want to consider, and gloss over what I think is irrelevant. I'll reply to that which I find interesting. If you don't like that, don't post.

    That reads like you have a closed mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •