View Poll Results: Are Entitlement Neccessary?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 50.00%
  • No

    14 35.00%
  • Sometimes.

    5 12.50%
  • Don't know.

    1 2.50%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 146

Thread: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

  1. #61
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    "That's odd. Seems like every country on earth with a higher standard of living, lower crime, better education, and more competitive society than ours disagrees with you." - MistressNomad

    Do tell!

    Exactly which nations would those be?
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Government is not there to provide basic needs. That is where responsibility comes into play.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Bringing that up is such a red harring. Whatever damage the economy may be doing, places with public health care still have better care for more people than we do.
    No they don't. There treat less, they have less doctors, and they take longer. The only reason in many of those countries that they don't die off is because they live pretty healthy lifestyles.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    People don't have to pay for education. You think education is more important than staying alive? You think medical care isn't a need?

    My life shouldn't have a dollar symbol attached to it. We got rid of that when slavery ended.
    God, can your demonize anymore? Slavery? For paying for labor and services? Come on..

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    If you don't like the care, go private. Because when it has to compete with public, the cost of private drops drastically. And when I say "drastically," I mean even the poor could probably afford at least what they need, completely out of pocket.
    With the presence of public schooling private schools get more expensive as they are seen as special, not the other way around. Why would it be different with medical care? It wouldn't, unless the government forced it too.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No they don't. There treat less, they have less doctors, and they take longer. The only reason in many of those countries that they don't die off is because they live pretty healthy lifestyles.
    That's all American Capitalistic propaganda. Those video links are evidence of it. I've conversed with many Europeans over the years about their governments and it's nothing like the American propaganda suggests. After all, America is the best at everything and could learn nothing from anyone else. That's why our economy is in the shape it's it, yet some European countries have little or no debt at all. Is there one state, that is free of debt in the US?

  7. #67
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by empireofreason View Post
    That's all American Capitalistic propaganda. Those video links are evidence of it. I've conversed with many Europeans over the years about their governments and it's nothing like the American propaganda suggests. After all, America is the best at everything and could learn nothing from anyone else. That's why our economy is in the shape it's it, yet some European countries have little or no debt at all. Is there one state, that is free of debt in the US?
    What videos? The Micheal Moore propaganda videos?

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What videos? The Micheal Moore propaganda videos?
    You have words. No evidence. I have words, but evidence. Propaganda has no evidence.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Basic Shelter/Food/Medical Entitlements Neccessary in First World Governments?

    Quote Originally Posted by empireofreason View Post
    You have words. No evidence. I have words, but evidence. Propaganda has no evidence.
    Are you kidding me? You say I used propaganda, but to argue this propaganda you point me to some videos, videos that just happen to be propaganda. Are you even understanding the basic idea that you can't fight propaganda with propaganda?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •