View Poll Results: Should the King James Bible be edited by anyone within or without of the church?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edit out parts of the Bible. (Specify which)

    1 7.69%
  • Do nothing.

    13 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Edit the King James Bible?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Edit the King James Bible?

    Do you think portions of the King James Bible (and earlier versions) should be erased?

    There's multiple verses in the New and Old Testament that speak against homosexuality, adultery, fornication, etc. There's also many other verses that are unpopular with our society, so shouldn't we change them? Since the Bible is full of bigotry and hatred, why not mold the Bible to our liking? Shouldn't we have new Christian churches that can help progress Christianity?

    *Computer working again; poll added.
    Last edited by Wake; 05-27-11 at 01:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Not only no but hell no. You do not **** with other people's religion. You can create the whiny liberal eurotrash politically correct for pussies edition of the bible that would be merely a pamphlet after heavy editing but it should not in any shape or form be used to replace the King James or any other version of the bible, it would merely be the eurotrash politically correct for pussies edition bible that doesn't offend anybody except for actual Christians. I am surprised that no one has made a pc edition of the bible. Instead of the story of creation it would be a summed up version of evolution, Thou shalt not pollute and thou shalt use energy efficient stuff would be commandments, any commandments regarding sinful sexual behavior would be removed, and it would advocate that the government tax the living hell out of anyone making over a 100 grand a year.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 05-27-11 at 01:47 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #3
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?


  4. #4
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    That's between you and your god. If you think that's what he wants you to do, then by all means do so.

  5. #5
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Such sad little creatures. Wake's proposal, whether misguided or not, would at least be undertaken with purity of intent. I honestly do not understand how these morlocks don't see that suborning their faith to a political agenda is blasphemy.

  6. #6
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    I would like to add some more laser swords and some space battles.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you think portions of the King James Bible (and earlier versions) should be erased?

    There's multiple verses in the New and Old Testament that speak against homosexuality, adultery, fornication, etc. There's also many other verses that are unpopular with our society, so shouldn't we change them? Since the Bible is full of bigotry and hatred, why not mold the Bible to our liking? Shouldn't we have new Christian churches that can help progress Christianity?

    *Computer working again; poll added.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Vote on it. That was how the Bible was originally put together. so it only makes sense that is how you should decide these things. A council of bishops in the 3rd century got to decide which books were inspired by God and which were not by voting and thereby put the Bible together, so obviously Christians should all get together and vote.

  9. #9
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Such sad little creatures. Wake's proposal, whether misguided or not, would at least be undertaken with purity of intent. I honestly do not understand how these morlocks don't see that suborning their faith to a political agenda is blasphemy.
    Well that is the thing. I don't think his proposal is with purity of intent. While I personally do not think there is anything wrong with homosexuality, others do not feel the same way as I. So, to some it could look like you are liberalizing (wow that is actually a word) the Bible compared to make it more conservative as the people at Conservapedia are trying to do.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Edit the King James Bible?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Vote on it. That was how the Bible was originally put together. so it only makes sense that is how you should decide these things. A council of bishops in the 3rd century got to decide which books were inspired by God and which were not by voting and thereby put the Bible together, so obviously Christians should all get together and vote.
    Too bad God can't vote on it..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •