View Poll Results: 0/0 =1 Truthy or Facty?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Truthy

    1 11.11%
  • Facty

    0 0%
  • both

    0 0%
  • neither

    8 88.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

  1. #11
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    What is the reason you can't divide by 0? It is because it becomes infinitly large, and can not be placed on a number scale.

    However it is possible to divide 0 by 0. If it wasn't possible, then how do you do derivation?
    That's not true. Something divided by zero is not infinite, it is undefined.

    It is not possible to divide by zero.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #12
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    0/0 = 0, 0/1 = 0, 0/256 = 0, 0/-i = 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    That's not true. Something divided by zero is not infinite, it is undefined.

    It is not possible to divide by zero.
    Infinite is undefined.

  4. #14
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    Infinity is infinitely greater than zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #15
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    That's not true. Something divided by zero is not infinite, it is undefined.
    According to my Call of Duty kill/death ratio any number divided by zero is just that number so my k/d is 5/0=5, not undefined how could they measure my skillz then?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    426

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    for some reason, this feels like a "how long can you make a dummy guess" question...

    no offense

  7. #17
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 0/0=1 Truthy or Facty?

    Quote Originally Posted by makkam View Post
    for some reason, this feels like a "how long can you make a dummy guess" question...

    no offense
    Is it peanut butter marinated chorizo canollis?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •