View Poll Results: Generational War?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Literal war with grandma! She's going down!

    2 8.70%
  • Yes, a serious generational political battle is on the horizon

    10 43.48%
  • No

    11 47.83%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    First we had slaves. Then we had oil. Then economic global disparity. The world is catching up, energy is not so available. For the first time in America's history, we don't have the luxury to run things irrationally. A serious political battlefield will develop. I think the rich will be so selfish that they will not be able keep Americans working with the wealth they claim they earned, and the poor will be so disheartened and without pride they will become criminals. Hatred toward entitlements is our only protection against crime and squalor. This the road we are taking. People better get a hint. It's stoppable, but only with leadership that can turn around this debt.

  2. #32
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by empireofreason View Post
    For the first time in America's history, we don't have the luxury to run things irrationally.
    Oh, I disagree. We can be as irrational as we want. Who's gonna stop us?


    First we had slaves. Then we had oil. Then economic global disparity.
    Obviously, global economic disparity was first. But don't let that get in the way of BS.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-30-11 at 04:02 AM.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Claiming that entitlement programs is the single debt creator of our country is a gross exaggeration especially when other countries have less debt that involves their much more encompassing entitlement programs. Perhaps it also has to do with our defense budget, international aid, the constant creation of more departments that are redundant (entitlement and other), and having lower taxes on average than most of the industrialized world?
    I would also add that housing is usually the biggest or second biggest bill for the average household. I think the last time I checked the rental rate was around 40% in America. Entitlements that get applied to rentals depreciate in value 100% in 30 days, if you don't pay again you're evicted. Many internationals own American rentals. How do you like the idea of a few hundred tax dollars per unit completely vanishing in just a matter of thirty days? This is what happens when paying an eternal royalty that is sent out of the country. Even if it is inside the country this is probably the biggest legal scam of all. I heard Poland a few years ago gave some of their renters credit for their payments and now they own the places they indeed bought. The parasitic contract was ripped up. That's how you give people respect that paid their dues. The entire rental infrastructure for residential and commercial units is a bureaucratic waste of time and should be dismantled and energies poured into more impending problems. If these people want to make this kind of money, they should study engineering and make a product and American export and quit their contract scams that steal Americans efforts they apply to homes.
    Last edited by empireofreason; 05-30-11 at 04:42 AM.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Oh, I disagree. We can be as irrational as we want. Who's gonna stop us?
    The laws of nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Obviously, global economic disparity was first. But don't let that get in the way of BS.
    I'm arguing that's what is the most signficant reason that allows us to be irrational. Overtime, each reason had more influence. As energy availabiilty has increased in other countries, we have to rely upon how cheap they make our products. That's not bs. When they start getting higher wages as they are asking, our disparity will be the last hold. No more slaves. No more excess energy.

  5. #35
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I have an idea. Let's use someone else's standards, like Kenya's. Then we could wipe out poverty in the US over-night.
    Comparing the US to a third world country is how you defend the fact that 1 in 7 in America live in poverty?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #36
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Comparing the US to a third world country is how you defend the fact that 1 in 7 in America live in poverty?
    How are we defining poverty?
    Only 2 cell phones in the family? Only one trip to a resturant a week? Only 2 trips to a fast food place a week? Minimum cable with no premium channels?
    Only 1 car under 3 years old and second car as old as 7 or 8?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    How are we defining poverty?
    Only 2 cell phones in the family? Only one trip to a resturant a week? Only 2 trips to a fast food place a week? Minimum cable with no premium channels?
    Only 1 car under 3 years old and second car as old as 7 or 8?
    They have to choose between getting an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3. They can't have both.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  8. #38
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    They have to choose between getting an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3. They can't have both.
    they gonna riot in the streets, man, riots I tell ya....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #39
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by empireofreason View Post
    The laws of nature.


    I'm arguing that's what is the most signficant reason that allows us to be irrational. Overtime, each reason had more influence. As energy availabiilty has increased in other countries, we have to rely upon how cheap they make our products. That's not bs. When they start getting higher wages as they are asking, our disparity will be the last hold. No more slaves. No more excess energy.
    The laws of nature are hated by the left. Under the laws of nature, those who are slothful, untalented or unproductive starve. However, since they can vote at higher numbers (in many cases) than the productive, they are coddled and given the wealth of others by those who gain wealth and power from their votes



  10. #40
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Are We Headed Toward a Generational War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Comparing the US to a third world country is how you defend the fact that 1 in 7 in America live in poverty?
    psychobabble

    spend some time in South America or Sub Saharan Africa or the far east and get back to me on what real poverty is.



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •